PDA

View Full Version : my switch

rupert
Feb 23, 2003, 11:33 PM
i just switched about two weeks ago. i was very cautious about switching, i bought the 12 in. powerbook as a test run. i needed a laptop for travel and giving very long presentations using powerpoint. usually when i travel and give a class i just bring the laptop and the projector and everything is aleady there for me. so i was most nervous about combatibility issues with the hardware. i taught my first class with my mac on feb.14 and it went flawlessly. the only thing i need to do now is get my wife hooked on this little bugger so when its time to replace our pc desktop she will agree we need a powermac.

now i take this little powerbook with me everywere, i just love it. i use it all the time its just so light and portable its no trouble at all. i am also very happy with osx it is very nice once you get used to the differences in windows it makes more sense. i am officially hooked.

trebblekicked
Feb 24, 2003, 03:09 AM
congratulations and welcome,

i think you'll find the mac community complements the machine very well. There's a lot to get used to with your first mac, so if you have any questions, let anyone here know, and i'm sure you'll find an answer. Enjoy!

irmongoose
Feb 24, 2003, 05:45 AM
Welcome to the Mac world :D

While you're at it, you could try out Apple's Keynote... I've already done a few presentations with it for school, and the themes have really differentiated my presentations from the others'. Guess you get that feeling often if you use a Mac.

irmongoose

rupert
Feb 24, 2003, 08:57 PM
yep i think i am gonna get a copy of keynote when i get the money. i had to get powerpoint first because i have a premade presentation that i had to give two days after i bought my mac, so better to be safe than sorry, i just bought office for mac. but i definately want to explore keynote and other mac only software.

scem0
Mar 6, 2003, 11:04 PM
ur gunna love that powerbook. I would love it if I had it! ;)

NavyIntel007
Mar 6, 2003, 11:45 PM
Congrats. I'm buying either a 12 or 15 in december. I switched in August of 2001. I used my desktop PC and my mac together for a while but this Christmas I sold my PC. It won't take too much to get your wife to switch over. My girlfriend loves my iBook.

rupert
Mar 24, 2003, 07:27 PM
its been about a month since i got my powerbook and i have given 4 different presentations using powerpoint. all i can say is that i am hooked for life. my wife still uses our desktop pc, i on the otherhand cant remember the last time i sat down infront of that damn thing. last night we talked and i expressed to her how much i think we should buy a powermac when its time for a new desktop. you see my wife is into web hosting and design. i have explained to her she has no clue what she is missing. she seems ready to switch, its just hard for her since she has her little system set up using the pc.

this was just an update to my story, and another note of thanks to all of the members on this board who encoraged me to make the switch.

MacFan25
Mar 25, 2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by rupert
last night we talked and i expressed to her how much i think we should buy a powermac when its time for a new desktop. you see my wife is into web hosting and design. i have explained to her she has no clue what she is missing. she seems ready to switch, its just hard for her since she has her little system set up using the pc.
I bet that she would love a new PowerMac! :D

alset
Mar 25, 2003, 06:36 PM
This thread has tips for switchers. You may find it useful.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21136&highlight=top+tips+switcher

Happy Mac'ing!

Dan