Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wolfgang

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
I am looking for a good point and shoot digital camera. Until now i have been using ooooooooooooollllllddddd (40-60 yrs old:eek: !!) film SLRs but i want a digital p&s to take places where i dont need a slr. Speed is important. I need it to be as close to film in speed between pics as possible (not burst mode, but just when taking regular pics) with flash or a hot shoe (do they even make digital p&s w/ hot shoes?). Manual aperture and shutter speed would be nice, but i dont need them. Also battery life is really important. I need long battery life. Im def gonna buy rechargeables, but still. Oh, and cheap. Def under 250, but preferably under 200. I know this is really specific, but I'm really specific. Thanks alot.

SublimeProgie

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2006
missoula, montana
i dont have a real recomendation but yes digital cams come with hotshoes, and you will have great luck if you find a good camera for under 250 i too have been looking for a good camera at college student prices (dirt cheap) with no avail, although i admit my sources arent to plentiful in this city

Wolfgang

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
One im looking at that looks ok is the Sony DSC-W5. It seems to have pretty fast reload time and isnt too pricey.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.