Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

manic

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 29, 2006
I keep a few podcasts in my iPod, and they are listed under "podcasts", but hate when they come up during a shuffle session. How to keep them out of the song list? Sometimes you hook up the ipod to a stereo and let it play, and when that businessweek story comes up, makes me have to go all the way over and change it. This as got to stop!

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
I won't know for sure until I get home in the next 30min, but is there a tickbox when you go into "Get Info" on the podcast that you can select... I'm sure its called "do not use in shuffle" or something along those lines. Works for my music vids/movies/classical music......

dops7107

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2005
Perth, Oztrailya
Piarco75 said:
I won't know for sure until I get home in the next 30min, but is there a tickbox when you go into "Get Info" on the podcast that you can select... I'm sure its called "do not use in shuffle" or something along those lines. Works for my music vids/movies/classical music......

Hey good find - there is a "skip when shuffling" under the options tab of get info. I think you can also just deselect the tick box next to th etrack name in the Library view. That's what I do - not sure if it does the same thing.

plinden

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Yes, there's a "skip when shuffling" option accessible by "Get Info", but I thought that was set by default? I don't remember setting that, and I haven't had podcasts showing up in my shuffle sessions since iTunes was updated with podcast support.

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
Jut got home and re-checked just to make sure! But Plinden is right - it should be on by default... unless you don't get the podcast through iTunes. All my podcasts downloaded via iTunes have them to be skipped, the two which I downloaded manually don't..... that may be the issue?

grockk

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2006
for shuffling a smartplaylist, just make sure it is set to only play checked songs and then uncheck all the podcasts

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.