Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wolfgang

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
This is a quote from a review for a Canon EOS 1D Mark II N.
"I recently bought this camera, expecting it to take great pics, but I have found thet all my photos come out blurred and distorted. A friend of mine now informs me that, on top of the $3999.99 I paid for this camera, I have to buy lenses to go on the front of it. Why can't Canon give more specific info to prospective customers? Nobody mentioned this before I bought the camera, and I don't fancy paying another $1,149.93 for it to actually work! This is abominable!"

Now thats someone with WAY too much money and not enough upstairs. Pretty funny though.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Wolfgang said:
This is a quote from a review for a Canon EOS 1D Mark II N.
"I recently bought this camera, expecting it to take great pics, but I have found thet all my photos come out blurred and distorted. A friend of mine now informs me that, on top of the $3999.99 I paid for this camera, I have to buy lenses to go on the front of it. Why can't Canon give more specific info to prospective customers? Nobody mentioned this before I bought the camera, and I don't fancy paying another $1,149.93 for it to actually work! This is abominable!"

Now thats someone with WAY too much money and not enough upstairs. Pretty funny though.

Where was the "review?"

*guesses DP Review*

Superdrive

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2003
Dallas, Tx
I've got a few lenses that will mount right up to that thing. My 18-55 goes to him only for $1000. A small investment with a large gain.

Then again, if he's unhappy with the camera, I'll just keep my lenses and take the body off his hands.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Will the camera even take an exposure with the lens removed? I think only if you set it to manual exposure and manual focus modes. I think the author crossed over the line of believeibility.

sjl

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Superdrive said:
I've got a few lenses that will mount right up to that thing. My 18-55 goes to him only for $1000. A small investment with a large gain.

Then again, if he's unhappy with the camera, I'll just keep my lenses and take the body off his hands.
The 18-55 won't mount on the 1D mk II N - it's a 1.3 crop body, and doesn't take EF-S lenses. But if he's that unhappy, I'll willingly ship him my 50mm f/1.8 for just $500! :D

Obsidian6

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2006
Laguna Niguel, CA
please tell me that was a joke? i mean... isnt it OBVIOUS that you have to mount a lens?

is anyone that stupid?

please God, please don't let anyone be that dumb

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
My DRebel doesn't shoot anything actually visible without the lens on.

I've actually gotten it to pick up some colors and a little visible difference in lighting, but that after a lot of work with manual mode.

I don't believe this is an actual review. As shooting in automatic mode (which would be the only mode this guy would know how to use), I don't think it'd pick up anything but white.

Wolfgang

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
Here's the link if u guys want it. It seems petty real. I just think that this is just a REALLY stupid guy with too much money.
This is the link. Its the 4th or 5th one down titled "rubbish picture quality".

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
AGoglanian said:
please tell me that was a joke? i mean... isnt it OBVIOUS that you have to mount a lens?

is anyone that stupid?

please God, please don't let anyone be that dumb

i've seen worse...

tektonnic

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2006
Bucks, UK
It can't be real.

Not only would it not take pictures, but the viewfinder would not show any clear images as this require a lens, there is literally no way this is true.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.