PDA

View Full Version : Stupidity at its greatest

Wolfgang
Jun 13, 2006, 09:10 PM
This is a quote from a review for a Canon EOS 1D Mark II N.
"I recently bought this camera, expecting it to take great pics, but I have found thet all my photos come out blurred and distorted. A friend of mine now informs me that, on top of the $3999.99 I paid for this camera, I have to buy lenses to go on the front of it. Why can't Canon give more specific info to prospective customers? Nobody mentioned this before I bought the camera, and I don't fancy paying another $1,149.93 for it to actually work! This is abominable!"

Now thats someone with WAY too much money and not enough upstairs. Pretty funny though.

iGary
Jun 13, 2006, 09:15 PM
This is a quote from a review for a Canon EOS 1D Mark II N.
"I recently bought this camera, expecting it to take great pics, but I have found thet all my photos come out blurred and distorted. A friend of mine now informs me that, on top of the $3999.99 I paid for this camera, I have to buy lenses to go on the front of it. Why can't Canon give more specific info to prospective customers? Nobody mentioned this before I bought the camera, and I don't fancy paying another $1,149.93 for it to actually work! This is abominable!"

Now thats someone with WAY too much money and not enough upstairs. Pretty funny though.

Where was the "review?"

*guesses DP Review*

Wolfgang
Jun 13, 2006, 09:17 PM
Its from digitalcamera-hq.com

Superdrive
Jun 13, 2006, 10:37 PM
I've got a few lenses that will mount right up to that thing. My 18-55 goes to him only for $1000. A small investment with a large gain.

Then again, if he's unhappy with the camera, I'll just keep my lenses and take the body off his hands.

ChrisA
Jun 13, 2006, 10:44 PM
Will the camera even take an exposure with the lens removed? I think only if you set it to manual exposure and manual focus modes. I think the author crossed over the line of believeibility.

sjl
Jun 13, 2006, 11:54 PM
I've got a few lenses that will mount right up to that thing. My 18-55 goes to him only for $1000. A small investment with a large gain.

Then again, if he's unhappy with the camera, I'll just keep my lenses and take the body off his hands.
The 18-55 won't mount on the 1D mk II N - it's a 1.3 crop body, and doesn't take EF-S lenses. But if he's that unhappy, I'll willingly ship him my 50mm f/1.8 for just $500! :D

Obsidian6
Jun 14, 2006, 12:16 AM
please tell me that was a joke? i mean... isnt it OBVIOUS that you have to mount a lens?

is anyone that stupid?

please God, please don't let anyone be that dumb

OutThere
Jun 14, 2006, 01:29 AM
My DRebel doesn't shoot anything actually visible without the lens on.

I've actually gotten it to pick up some colors and a little visible difference in lighting, but that after a lot of work with manual mode.

I don't believe this is an actual review. As shooting in automatic mode (which would be the only mode this guy would know how to use), I don't think it'd pick up anything but white.

Wolfgang
Jun 14, 2006, 05:10 AM
Here's the link if u guys want it. It seems petty real. I just think that this is just a REALLY stupid guy with too much money.
This is the link. (http://http://www.digitalcamera-hq.com/canon-eos-1dmarkIIN-reviews.html) Its the 4th or 5th one down titled "rubbish picture quality".

bigandy
Jun 14, 2006, 06:14 AM
please tell me that was a joke? i mean... isnt it OBVIOUS that you have to mount a lens?

is anyone that stupid?

please God, please don't let anyone be that dumb

i've seen worse...

tektonnic
Jun 14, 2006, 06:34 AM
It can't be real.

Not only would it not take pictures, but the viewfinder would not show any clear images as this require a lens, there is literally no way this is true.