PDA

View Full Version : Sony Ericsson Clicker _-_BT Phone as Remote Control

jaykk
Feb 24, 2003, 10:02 PM
Here (http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/18500) is a good piece of software. Found about this at MacSlash (http://www.macslash.org/articles/03/02/24/156244.shtml)

"Clicker lets you remotely control your Macintosh from a compatible Sony Ericsson phone. Here are some ideas on how to use Clicker:

Control PowerPoint or Keynote when giving presentations.
Control DVD Player or iTunes from your sofa or bed.
Use AppleScript to control anything you like!
Further, Sony Ericsson Clicker has a built in "proximity sensor", allowing you to trigger actions when you leave or come back to your Mac. Again, here are some ideas:

Pause iTunes when you leave the room, turn it on when you come back.
Use AppleScript to let your presence (or absence) control anything you like! "

Its a cool piece of software to impress PC users with a Keynote/Powerpoint presentation using T68i.
I always wanted iPod to do this, think about this, surf/scroll the safari using iPod Wheel.
Too bad, Griffin had a remote control working for iPod, apple killed it. They even demoed the unit in MWNY02. They released that now as TotalRemote (http://www.griffintechnology.com/griffinmobile/totalremote/index.html) for PocketPC.

medea
Feb 24, 2003, 10:15 PM
ah, now thats something I hadnt thought about using bluetooth for. great idea.

technocoy
Feb 25, 2003, 12:02 AM
this frickin' rocks ass!!! 10.2.4's new bluetooth capabilities rock ass as well... i can finally proprly use my address book with my t68i and p800!!! i can also properly connect to the internet with my Ti PB while i'm away from my DSL!!! bloody hell it's cool using my t68i to control my dvd and iTunes from my couch while looking at my beautiful 22in cinema!!!

get this thing if you have a bluetooth phone.. i hope he has a new version by the time it expires!!

FelixDerKater
Feb 25, 2003, 12:30 AM
Maybe eventually Bluetooth will come down in price enough that we will be able to have many other remotes based on Bluetooth, so line-of-sight to the IR port won't be necessary. At present, this is not sensible due to the costs, but with time, they will fall.

gotohamish
Feb 25, 2003, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by FelixDerKater
Maybe eventually Bluetooth will come down in price enough that we will be able to have many other remotes based on Bluetooth, so line-of-sight to the IR port won't be necessary. At present, this is not sensible due to the costs, but with time, they will fall.

Yeah, and it's free at the moment, so how can't that be sensible?

And I've ALWAYS been able to connect to the internet with my T68i, and my old T39 with my TiBook, even in OS9, since the TiBook came out, and it's a 500 Rev 1.

What's new in 10.2.4 in this respect, and what are the new Bluetooth features?

PyroTurtle
Feb 25, 2003, 03:43 AM
it works on my old powerbook, the rev a 400Mhz, but my 800Mhz computer can't run it....can't even run Bluetooth anything.....arg!
i love that 400....yay for rev a's!

mac15
Feb 25, 2003, 06:26 AM
freaking cool, I wish I could use it , I have a t68i but no BT adapter I'm hoping to get one this weekend. This is awesome

Jaykay
Feb 25, 2003, 08:13 AM
I hope they make this for symbian OS phones like the Nokia 7650 and 3650, then id be happy.

Exellent idea though.

FelixDerKater
Feb 25, 2003, 10:25 AM
Yeah! Long live the Rev. A TiBooks! I'm glad to see others feel the same way.

mauop
Feb 25, 2003, 11:23 AM
Wow!!! That's impressive!
If it works with the P800, sure i'll get one asap

Noiseboy
Feb 25, 2003, 01:26 PM
Thanks a million jaykk for linking to a brilliant piece of software, my household can't believe it and I just love it.
Now if anyone can help me to connect to my AOL account (they have the most access numbers worldwide) via BT with my 68i I'd be right over the moon. I've always been able to do it via the infrared port on my Ti 500 but no success with BT:(

backspinner
Feb 25, 2003, 05:38 PM
it rocks...

...just wishing that I know more of applescript!

MrBillGates
Feb 25, 2003, 06:53 PM
Totally awesome. Incredibly usefull software.

globalwidget
Feb 27, 2003, 01:39 PM
Call me a geek, but I love walking into my apartment and having my stereo start playing music...

On another Bluetooth note, has anyone gotten their T68 to work as a modem (not in GRSM)? I've follow the directions I could find on Apple's support area, but nothing. My computer connects to the phone, phone says it's dialing, but that's it. Could it be an ATT thing? I know they would rather have you use GRSM but it's really expensive at the per K rate.

There was a thread a few weeks ago about bluetooth modems but it disappeared.

Noiseboy
Feb 27, 2003, 09:56 PM
I've noticed that that I can't have two Bluetooth activities happening at the same time. I was using BT with my 68i to control iTunes but while it was set up to do that I couldn't use BT to send a text message. As soon as I unpublished the clicker control I could then send and receive texts fine. Has anyone else spotted this?
I still love it though, it's way cool.

Globalwidget, if you find out how to make it work as a modem, spread the word. (see my post above)