PDA

View Full Version : How to: Call up your application from finder

scorpsjl
Jun 13, 2006, 11:34 PM
Hi,

I'm designing an application for which I want to be able to call up a front-end from the finder via a keystroke, much like in quicksilver or butler (though the functionality would be very different). Can anyone give me any clues how to implement this, possibly a nice way with cocoa?

Thanks a lot, I'm pretty new to all this.

-scorpsjl

Palad1
Jun 14, 2006, 12:33 PM
Hi,

I'm designing an application for which I want to be able to call up a front-end from the finder via a keystroke, much like in quicksilver or butler (though the functionality would be very different). Can anyone give me any clues how to implement this, possibly a nice way with cocoa?

Thanks a lot, I'm pretty new to all this.

-scorpsjl

You may want to have a look at the SIMBL plugin architecture.

beatle888
Jun 14, 2006, 02:26 PM
Hello Paris, France. thanks for the fine wine, art and inspiration. ;) lovely city and country.

kainjow
Jun 15, 2006, 03:07 PM
Hello Paris, France. thanks for the fine wine, art and inspiration. ;) lovely city and country.
:confused: how is this on topic? :confused:

scorpsjl
Jun 17, 2006, 10:17 AM
Thanks Palad. I will try to see if SIMBL can work. I've seen an application using it that can call up the terminal interface in an overlay over the finder, so maybe I can try to imititate that. Anyone have any advice/pointers?

Palad1
Jun 18, 2006, 03:16 AM
Thanks Palad. I will try to see if SIMBL can work. I've seen an application using it that can call up the terminal interface in an overlay over the finder, so maybe I can try to imititate that. Anyone have any advice/pointers?

Hello Scorpsjl,

I think we were both thinking about visor (http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8300945231/m/332004739731/r/978000069731#978000069731) :)