Jan 9, 2007, 04:28 PM
Yeah, I was in a hurry.

phungy
Jan 9, 2007, 05:03 PM
Dont you mean Cinguliar?

Don't you mean Cingular? :p

AppleGuy08
Jan 9, 2007, 06:31 PM
Well, it wont even be available until June, so that give me some time to save up!

jsnoah
Jan 9, 2007, 07:27 PM
Mine.

I can't wait for the iPhone!!!

iShane
Jan 9, 2007, 07:30 PM
Just got a Sidekick 3 today. I LOVE IT!!! If only I could figure out how to get my mac.com configured onto the e-mail application.....

MUST...HAVE...A...SIDEKICK3!!! :D

I love them. If i had T-Mobile service in my area I would cancel Verizon and get T-Mobile so quick!

crdean1
Jan 9, 2007, 09:05 PM
Mine.

Would your first name be Phil?

Sammis89
Jan 9, 2007, 09:13 PM
Mine.

As I went to open this thread, I thought to myself "Someone clearly has already put up the iPhone as their phone..And, If, by chance, no one has yet, than by the end of the day tomorrow there will be at least 10 different iPhone pictures and by the end of the month, one person will claim to already have it..."

And, yes, someone has posted pictures already. Let's see what tomorrow and the next month will bring us...

swingline
Jan 10, 2007, 03:42 AM
that guy is a liar. here's me holding my new iphone in my room.

http://images.apple.com/iphone/images/indexhero20070109.jpg

phungy
Jan 10, 2007, 03:50 AM
that guy is a liar. here's me holding my new iphone in my room.

Odd, we have the exact same hand...and our wall is black too!

AppleIntelRock
Jan 10, 2007, 09:06 AM
Don't you mean Cingular? :p

no, he was calling the person a liar. Hence, cinguliar

livingfortoday
Jan 10, 2007, 07:32 PM
Oh yeah, you know my phone is sexy:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b236/livingfortoday2/P1010625.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b236/livingfortoday2/P1010626.jpg

That huge lump on the back is a hollow piece of plastic. Seriously, there's a huge bubble on my phone for nothing. Love it.

PowerFullMac
Jan 11, 2007, 11:03 AM
livingfortoday i want that phone... been looking for a new extra-heavy paperweight:rolleyes:

R.Youden
Jan 11, 2007, 11:06 AM

That huge lump on the back is a hollow piece of plastic. Seriously, there's a huge bubble on my phone for nothing. Love it.

That bubble serves a very important purpse, STYLE....

baby duck monge
Jan 11, 2007, 11:29 AM
That bubble serves a very important purpse, STYLE....

I think it's for ergonomics. Something more comfortable to grip when you have to hold it for a while.

/wet blanket :p

AppleIntelRock
Jan 11, 2007, 05:35 PM

Sweet :D
That piece of plastic possibly makes it easier to hold it up to your shoulder and talk- who needs headsets? :D
Does your job force you to have such a phone? Or do you just want to have the coolest phone on the block?

ph0rce
Jan 11, 2007, 06:19 PM
Fresh out of the apple store...

... and fresh out of hell...

AppleIntelRock
Jan 11, 2007, 06:22 PM
Fresh out of the apple store...

... and fresh out of hell...

you spent too much time on that.

and yet, much too little.

;)

ph0rce
Jan 11, 2007, 06:27 PM
lol yeh well only a couple of minutes... gotta have something to remind me of it... by the time it comes out in the UK everyone will have forgotten about it :(

well maybe not!

livingfortoday
Jan 12, 2007, 01:52 AM
Sweet :D
That piece of plastic possibly makes it easier to hold it up to your shoulder and talk- who needs headsets? :D
Does your job force you to have such a phone? Or do you just want to have the coolest phone on the block?

Well, other than the cool factor, I got it cause it was cheap. My original Nextel phone broke, and Nextel told me I couldn't get a new one from them unless I paid full price since I haven't been with them for a full year yet. They said I was eligible for a replacement from Motorola - Motorola of course claims that since Nextel bought the phone a year before they gave it to me, its warranty is already up, and I'd have to ship it to them, have them hold it for two weeks for repair, and pay $55 to fix it. So... I opted for a $10 eBay replacement!

Plus, I can store money/drugs/small animals in the phone bubble :p .

AppleIntelRock
Jan 12, 2007, 09:12 AM
Well, other than the cool factor, I got it cause it was cheap. My original Nextel phone broke, and Nextel told me I couldn't get a new one from them unless I paid full price since I haven't been with them for a full year yet. They said I was eligible for a replacement from Motorola - Motorola of course claims that since Nextel bought the phone a year before they gave it to me, its warranty is already up, and I'd have to ship it to them, have them hold it for two weeks for repair, and pay $55 to fix it. So... I opted for a $10 eBay replacement!

Plus, I can store money/drugs/small animals in the phone bubble :p .

You could even store people :D And then you'd only have to pay for on plane ticket. ;)

defsquad
Jan 14, 2007, 01:03 AM
my 2mo old se on k790a on cingular network:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/123/356641698_9bf686ec6c.jpg?v=0

taken with mbp isight.. crappy pics when dark

tkidBOSTON
Jan 14, 2007, 01:39 AM
Motorola "Ming" A1200 purchase from Hong Kong operating on Cingular Wireless in the USA.

viccles
Jan 14, 2007, 02:21 AM
The phone I am currently using at the moment. Excuse the double jointed fingers :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/viccles/Photo8.jpg Sony Ericcson W850i

iMacZealot
Jan 14, 2007, 01:51 PM
Motorola "Ming" A1200 purchase from Hong Kong operating on Cingular Wireless in the USA.

I was thinking about buying that! How do you like it? Where in Hong Kong did you buy it? I was in Singapore close to a year ago, and I saw a lot of these booths filled with cell phones in the malls. Were those just unlocked with no service? Do you know what I'm talking about?

tkidBOSTON
Jan 14, 2007, 01:58 PM
I was thinking about buying that! How do you like it? Where in Hong Kong did you buy it? I was in Singapore close to a year ago, and I saw a lot of these booths filled with cell phones in the malls. Were those just unlocked with no service? Do you know what I'm talking about?

I actually purchased it through a reseller who bought it in Hong Kong. I like it okay, but its a bit annoying to tap out SMS as you have to use the stylus on the virtual keyboard (waaay too small for anyone's fingers, let alone mine). Other than missing the keyboard of my blackberry, I find pretty much everything else, esp call quality (the killer app) far superior.
Plus the "wow factor" when showing it off to friends is pretty nice. :cool:

baby duck monge
Jan 14, 2007, 04:49 PM
I actually purchased it through a reseller who bought it in Hong Kong. I like it okay, but its a bit annoying to tap out SMS as you have to use the stylus on the virtual keyboard (waaay too small for anyone's fingers, let alone mine). Other than missing the keyboard of my blackberry, I find pretty much everything else, esp call quality (the killer app) far superior.

I particularly like the clear top shell and the way they integrate the speaker. Definitely nice looking!

conshok26
Jan 14, 2007, 08:55 PM
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/9513/dscf1843nc2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3082/dscf1844du0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

iMacZealot
Jan 14, 2007, 08:57 PM

Who did you buy it from? I've been thinking about buying an unlocked phone from some of these import sites, but I'm not sure which one is the best to buy from.

AppleIntelRock
Jan 14, 2007, 09:00 PM
Who did you buy it from? I've been thinking about buying an unlocked phone from some of these import sites, but I'm not sure which one is the best to buy from.

As have I- this one or the Rokr E6. I url would be great. :cool:

iMacZealot
Jan 14, 2007, 09:05 PM
These are a few I've found:

wirelessimports.com
cellularconcepts.com
puremobile.com

And a few others....I just don't know which one is the most trustworthy.

defsquad
Jan 14, 2007, 10:26 PM
mobilecityonline.com is one of my favorites that i purchase regularly from and they have a B&M shop in NYC. (in case you are in NYC)

tkidBOSTON
Jan 15, 2007, 08:58 AM

Its actually available online at Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-A1200-MING-Phone-Unlocked/dp/B000FDZLZQ/sr=8-1/qid=1168871637/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-2720274-7394216?ie=UTF8&s=wireless)!!

livingfortoday
Jan 16, 2007, 12:51 AM
Yay! I got a new phone to replace Gigantor back there!

A Samsung A900:

Zwhaler
Jan 16, 2007, 11:47 PM
I'm thinking about getting the Moto KRZR, or the LG Chocolate, or the enV. Can anyone recomend me which one to get?

iMacZealot
Jan 17, 2007, 12:01 AM
I'm thinking about getting the Moto KRZR, or the LG Chocolate, or the enV. Can anyone recomend me which one to get?

What do you use your phone for the most?

amacgenius
Jan 17, 2007, 05:14 AM
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3082/dscf1844du0.jpg

Go Sabres!

tkidBOSTON
Jan 17, 2007, 07:12 AM
Go Sabres!

I thought they changed their name to the slugs?? :confused:

No I didnt... but GO RANGERS!!!!

:p

AppleIntelRock
Jan 17, 2007, 09:03 AM
Well, if you HAVE to stay with the Verizon :(, then I'd say go wit the Chocolate or the enV- since the Krzr doesn't feature verizon's new interface.

Zwhaler
Jan 17, 2007, 04:57 PM
Well, if you HAVE to stay with the Verizon :(, then I'd say go wit the Chocolate or the enV- since the Krzr doesn't feature verizon's new interface.

And the other 2 do? I like the enV more, so I'll go with it. Awesome!

ErikCLDR
Jan 17, 2007, 05:10 PM
EVERYONE has the chocolate. go with the EnV

falcon1
Jan 17, 2007, 05:52 PM

What is Verizon's new interface? I wish they had the system like Cingular.

nickster9224
Jan 17, 2007, 05:53 PM
Ill post my razr v3m from sprint later.

phungy
Jan 17, 2007, 06:36 PM
EVERYONE has the chocolate. go with the EnV

Just like how everyone has the Razr, Krzr and Rizr...:D

AppleIntelRock
Jan 17, 2007, 07:05 PM

I'm very glad to hear you went with the enV. It is simply the best Verizon phone to date. The GUI is far better then any phone in Verizon's line-up. While the Chocolate has the new GUI, they click-wheel severely cripples it. The enV is a great phone, pair it with EV-DO/V-Cast and you've got a great multi-media phone, the only thing the SK3 has up on it is texting and instant messaging.

Yay! I got a new phone to replace Gigantor back there!

A Samsung A900:

The A900 makes the Razr look like crap! I think it's one of the best "normal" phones on the market- looks very much like the phones they use in Japan (which is a good thing) however it can't be used as a credit card, ticket-pass, key to your house, and it sure wont clean your car :(

highres
Jan 17, 2007, 07:30 PM
Had my Samsung A970 for over a year or so, works great and has a nice 2 megapixel camera with a 2X zoom. Surprisingly the pics are pretty good quality. I can also capture up to 4 hours of video if I put my 256MB flash memory card in.

My only gripes about this phone are: the weight, it's a bit on the heavy and bulky side for me and the fact that Verizon forces you to use their ringtones and media crap.

http://i16.tinypic.com/4h9zpfd.jpg

http://i3.tinypic.com/2qw3ozt.jpg

bousozoku
Jan 17, 2007, 08:07 PM
The A900 makes the Razr look like crap! I think it's one of the best "normal" phones on the market- looks very much like the phones they use in Japan (which is a good thing) however it can't be used as a credit card, ticket-pass, key to your house, and it sure wont clean your car :(

No, but it'll clean your wallet. Everything about it seems expensive. For all the common chargers Sprint uses, this phone doesn't use them because it has a special connector. Still, it's good hardware, though the software and battery life leave much to be desired.

livingfortoday
Jan 17, 2007, 08:18 PM

Yeah, I love this thing so far. It's pretty sturdy considering how light it is, and it has a great little swivel cam that's pretty good quality, too. My only complaint is that battery life is pretty crummy, but it also charges really fast, so it kind of evens out.

buffalo
Jan 17, 2007, 09:25 PM
I got a white KRZR (Verizon) on Monday. It was a needed upgrade. I waited a few extra months to learn what would be happening with the iPhone, and since I know that I won't be switching to Cingular, I decided I could finally upgrade.

The KRZR is super nice so far - very happy. I was debating between the Chocolate and KRZR, but went with the KRZR because I know four people with Chocolates and I'm the first with a KRZR.

I'll try to get pictures up in a day or so.

Zwhaler
Jan 17, 2007, 11:37 PM
I'm very glad to hear you went with the enV. It is simply the best Verizon phone to date. The GUI is far better then any phone in Verizon's line-up. While the Chocolate has the new GUI, they click-wheel severely cripples it. The enV is a great phone, pair it with EV-DO/V-Cast and you've got a great multi-media phone, the only thing the SK3 has up on it is texting and instant messaging.

It's on order (they don't even have it in stores yet, they had a display model and thats it) and I will probably get a call this weekend! I am excited, it will be replacing my "craptastic" (as someone else in this forum said) Samsung A-670. Cheers!

AppleIntelRock
Jan 17, 2007, 11:51 PM
What is Verizon's new interface? I wish they had the system like Cingular.

The new Verizon GUI first appeared on the Chocolate and now it's on the enV. It isn't a brand new interface by any means, however it does slightly refine the menu system and seems to run fairly well (unfortunately, they haven't gotten rid of that awful color scheme.) Honestly, I don't think that having all of your phones running the same GUI is that bad of a thing (especially when you're providing streaming video- and soon live TV) however, if EVERY phone in your line-up is going to be running said GUI, you need to take the time to design a decent one. Granted, Sprint's GUI (used on some phones, I expect to see them pull a verizon soon) is better then Verizon's, but not perfect. The Motorola interface (not the new, fantastic Java Linux one, but the old one) which isn't very good, is far superior to Verizon's or Sprints'. If the good'ol'boys over at VZW would spend a solid year of R&D and make a good GUI, then I wouldn't care if they made their coffee cups run it. The feature restriction however, I am NOT for.

It's on order (they don't even have it in stores yet, they had a display model and thats it) and I will probably get a call this weekend! I am excited, it will be replacing my "craptastic" (as someone else in this forum said) Samsung A-670. Cheers!

You've chosen Verizon's best media phone! Way to go!

bousozoku
Jan 18, 2007, 12:03 AM
Yeah, I love this thing so far. It's pretty sturdy considering how light it is, and it has a great little swivel cam that's pretty good quality, too. My only complaint is that battery life is pretty crummy, but it also charges really fast, so it kind of evens out.

The extended battery helps but it's expensive.

SkyBell
Jan 18, 2007, 12:11 AM
verizon xv6700, yes it has wi-fi and it is fairly quick as long as the site isn't bombarded with large images. i got it for around 200 on ebay.

Sprint has that model too(or at least something really close to it); My dad has one.

http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/PhonesAccessories/PhoneDetails.jsp?navLocator=%7Cshop%7CphonesAccessories%7CallPhones%7C&selectSkuId=sprintppc6700&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1476015&CURRENT_USER%3C%3EATR_SCID=ECOMM&CURRENT_USER%3C%3EATR_PCode=None&CURRENT_USER%3C%3EATR_cartState=group

Supa_Fly
Jan 18, 2007, 02:08 AM
Honestly, I don't think that having all of your phones running the same GUI is that bad of a thing (especially when you're providing streaming video- and soon live TV) however, if EVERY phone in your line-up is going to be running said GUI, you need to take the time to design a decent one.

Dude then you haven't seen the overly extensive branding of phones (Windows OS Based or not) from Orange!

I'll agree that certain phones with similar gui should have their own suit > something that Vodafone does very well. An example is that most if not all SE phones have the same branded qui, while Pocket PC-PE devices & Smartphone Edition have their own; etc etc. However I still detest branding though. I still think its ludicris because they phone is yours to keep > after one year no matter the condition of the phone their NOT going to purchase it from you for resale, so dont brand what the user is going to purchase > isnt branding the box, bag, logo on hardware and services enough?!

pdxjules
Jan 18, 2007, 02:28 AM
I really like my Treo 650. :) It's my third Smartphone...and it's also what you see Al Gore using in the film An Inconvenient Truth.

daneoni
Jan 18, 2007, 03:18 AM
I really like my Treo 650. :) It's my third Smartphone...and it's also what you see Al Gore using in the film An Inconvenient Truth.

As well as Bauer in 24, Mac Taylor-CSI:NY, Danny Messer-CSI:NY, Temperance Brennan-Bones. The Treo is the most popular smartphone on TV. Followed closely...very closely by the Blackberry

amacgenius
Jan 18, 2007, 04:31 AM

I have the enV, great phone, you won't be disappointed.

iMacZealot
Jan 18, 2007, 04:35 PM
As well as Bauer in 24, Mac Taylor-CSI:NY, Danny Messer-CSI:NY, Temperance Brennan-Bones. The Treo is the most popular smartphone on TV. Followed closely...very closely by the Blackberry

I see the SK on TV a lot, too Well, not so much scripted shows, but a lot of reality shows, especially on MTV.

The RAZR is also pretty popular, and Sanyos are on a lot of shows, too (and I don't know why.) On Scrubs, Elliott has a Sanyo 200! That thing must be 800 years old!

Shadow
Jan 18, 2007, 04:57 PM
Samsung E720:
http://www.handys-mobile.de/img/samsung_sgh_e720.jpg

I got it about 2 years ago now, maybe 1.5. Its not bad (has a 1MP camera) but I'll get a new one in about a year and a bit (hello iPhone!). Having said that, I doubt the iPhone can take such a beating. My phone has been:

Dropped into a glass of water
Been in my pocket when I fell into a river (through my own stupidty)
Dropped onto contrete
Through the wash while turned on
Thrown out my 2nd story bedroom window
Thrown around, daily
Paintballing
Shooting (with CCF, an Army-esqu UK thingy)
Lost (loads of times)
Never once fixed

My old Nokia couldn't even withstand paintballing :rolleyes: .
This phone is one hell of a warrior. And it still works (although the sound is bit dodgy)! :D

phungy
Jan 18, 2007, 04:59 PM
Samsung E720:
http://www.handys-mobile.de/img/samsung_sgh_e720.jpg

I got it about 2 years ago now, maybe 1.5. Its not bad (has a 1MP camera) but I'll get a new one in about a year and a bit (hello iPhone!).

This brings back memories...I had the E715 and it worked great. I loved the super bright flashlight feature :D

Shadow
Jan 18, 2007, 05:03 PM
This brings back memories...I had the E715 and it worked great. I loved the super bright flashlight feature :D

Oh yeah, gotta love that. Its my torch! I wish it had the disco-light flashlight like the E715(?) though.

SkyBell
Jan 18, 2007, 05:07 PM
[QUOTE=iMacZealot;3265620 On Scrubs, Elliott has a Sanyo 200! That thing must be 800 years old![/QUOTE]

Pics?

Supa_Fly
Jan 18, 2007, 06:54 PM
Samsung E720:

I got it about 2 years ago now, maybe 1.5. Its not bad (has a 1MP camera) but I'll get a new one in about a year and a bit (hello iPhone!). Having said that, I doubt the iPhone can take such a beating. My phone has been:

Dropped onto contrete
Thrown around, daily
Paintballing
Lost (loads of times)
Never once fixed

This phone is one hell of a warrior. And it still works (although the sound is bit dodgy)! :D

lol ALL through that?! Reminds me of a friend of mine that went through cordless home phones like crazy.

Dude that sounds like your girlfriend is really pushing your buttons from time to time (not all the systems jsut the one that says out the 2nd floor window lol) > or you need anger management. paintball does just fine though lol.

iMacZealot
Jan 18, 2007, 10:07 PM
Pics?

Here you go.

It's weird that pretty much everyone on Scrubs has or once had a Sanyo. Elliott has a Sanyo 200 (and oddly downgraded from an 8100, which has a camera and external screen;) Turk had an 8200, but now has the Katana; and Keith has an 8200. Not sure what Carla has. JD had a RAZR, but now has a SLVR. Kim has an LG Fusic. I don't know why, but they really seem to love Sprint on that show! (Oh, and I've had most of those Sanyos.)

AppleIntelRock
Jan 18, 2007, 10:11 PM
Samsung E720:

Dropped onto contrete
Thrown around, daily
Paintballing
Lost (loads of times)
Never once fixed

Glass of water, in a river, through the wash, thrown out a second story window. Sounds like someone likes to exaggerate A LOT. :rolleyes:

WillJS
Jan 21, 2007, 06:22 PM
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r10/willjsutton_mac/Pspphoneipodshure.png

ntrsfrml
Jan 21, 2007, 07:22 PM
My Turn,

Samsung D900, 3.2MP camera, Auto Focus, Macro Mode.
Nokia E61, Blackberry, Wifi, 3G, Qwerty keyboard, High Reso screen.
Blackberry Pearl 8100, 1.3MP cam, BB Plan, Unlimited data.
Motorola A1200 Blk, Touchscreen, Linux OS
Motorola A1200 Blk, Backup phone.
Motorola K1 Krzr Blue, Flip phone, Shiny, 2MP.
Motorola Z3 Zirz Black, Slider, 2MP, Flash.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/notoriousformula/DSC01038.jpg

phungy
Jan 21, 2007, 07:43 PM
One for each day of the week?

ntrsfrml
Jan 21, 2007, 07:49 PM
One for each day of the week?

pretty much :p

Supa_Fly
Jan 21, 2007, 08:20 PM
My Turn,

Nice collection > however I'd back pedal on the E61 having a "High Resolution Screen" > the numbers are there (Landscape QVGA 320 240) but the pixel per inch count is considerably low so the quality of images are not as good as they could be like on the screens of the E70/N80. But still an all around performing smartphone. Great choice considering what it can do > I just hope that the E61i debuts with a camera. Still great collection, but WHY oh WHY 2 A1200Blk Moto's one for a backup > you have 4 other phones for that.

ErikCLDR
Jan 21, 2007, 08:36 PM
These are my phones...

Well #4 was my dads... about 15 years ago.
(notice the bell atlantic mobile)

#1 is my first cell- I got it in 7th grade I think.. 4years ago- Motorola T30 or something. People thought it was so cool cause it had a color screen haha
#2 is my Razr V3c- I got it about a year ago for $200 (totally not worth it)
#3 Is my Panasonic expandable land line phone with talking caller ID and speakerphone

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/ErikCT060/P1010020.jpg http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/ErikCT060/P1010019.jpg

AppleIntelRock
Jan 21, 2007, 09:02 PM
These are my phones...

Well #4 was my dads... about 15 years ago.
(notice the bell atlantic mobile)

#1 is my first cell- I got it in 7th grade I think.. 4years ago- Motorola T30 or something. People thought it was so cool cause it had a color screen haha
#2 is my Razr V3c- I got it about a year ago for $200 (totally not worth it)
#3 Is my Panasonic expandable land line phone with talking caller ID and speakerphone

WillJS's Post...

Ummmmm. This is post your phone. Not post your phone, ipod, psp, psp case, and headphones.

You posted two HUGE images. Also, why would you post a picture of your cordless phone?

7on
Jan 21, 2007, 09:17 PM
mmm, is that a wii strap? yes, yes it is :p

AppleIntelRock
Jan 21, 2007, 09:19 PM
mmm, is that a wii strap? yes, yes it is :p

great. now you can't throw your phone at the tv ;)

7on
Jan 21, 2007, 09:22 PM
My Turn,

[MG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/notoriousformula/DSC01038.jpg[/IMG]

how is the Motorola A1200 with OSX?

rockthecasbah
Jan 21, 2007, 09:49 PM
My Turn,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/notoriousformula/DSC01038.jpg

Is there any significance to the bottom of that newspaper reading "be king of cash" :D

AppleIntelRock
Jan 21, 2007, 09:52 PM
Is there any significance to the bottom of that newspaper reading "be king of cash" :D

haha. i didn't even understand why he put it down in the first place. possibly a stain on the carpet :p
appleintelrock
ps: take the image out of your quote, poor dial-up users :(

:apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: (sorry, just wanted to use the apple symbol)

iMacZealot
Jan 21, 2007, 10:33 PM
haha. i didn't even understand why he put it down in the first place. possibly a stain on the carpet :p
appleintelrock
ps: take the image out of your quote, poor dial-up users :(

:apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: (sorry, just wanted to use the apple symbol)

Look at the main article on the newspaper.

:apple: Geez, that is fun! I've incorporated it into my sig. It's much better than my "what the fsck?" signature. :)

tkidBOSTON
Jan 22, 2007, 07:41 AM
how is the Motorola A1200 with OSX?

I wasnt able to sync mine with my Mac but hopefully someone else here can provide direction on it.
I was able to transfer files via bluetooth though.

7on
Jan 22, 2007, 04:21 PM
I wasnt able to sync mine with my Mac but hopefully someone else here can provide direction on it.
I was able to transfer files via bluetooth though.

I've read that you can send vCards and they show up in the addressbook. I've feedbacked Apple about it

classof2011
Jan 22, 2007, 05:12 PM
...Here's what I have [pix later]

Moto [Red] RAZR V3i with iTunes...Micro SD...1.2MP...iTunes
Black RAZR...VGA Camera
[Cingular] Blue RAZR...VGA Camera
Samsung D807 - 1.3MP...Micro SD... MP3 player
SOON TO BE: iPhone 8GB :rolleyes:

[Alltel] RAZR V3c...1.xMP camera.

I'm a Moto fan. But the Samsung doesn't fit in with them.

Rodimus Prime
Jan 22, 2007, 05:18 PM
My phone Sony Ericsson z525a
http://www.sonyericsson.com/images/spgd/GPD_42212_1500_0_4000.png

it is a great little phone and pair with my blue tooth head set it is really nice. I have had it since early Aug and it has worked out great for me.

tkidBOSTON
Jan 22, 2007, 05:59 PM
I've read that you can send vCards and they show up in the addressbook. I've feedbacked Apple about it

I'm more worried about sending the info the other way. I switched from a blackberry so I had the info synced w my Mac. I wanted to get my address book synced onto the phone and tried sending the vcards but the phone didnt know what to do with them.

Sammis89
Jan 22, 2007, 09:17 PM
My phone Sony Ericsson z525a
http://www.sonyericsson.com/images/spgd/GPD_42212_1500_0_4000.png

it is a great little phone and pair with my blue tooth head set it is really nice. I have had it since early Aug and it has worked out great for me.

I had that for about a week, and had to exchange it. It kept snapping pictures of my pocket, and, although some ended up oddly artistic, I wasn't gonna deal with that camera noise going off all the time.

Besides that, and the fact that I didn't find it that comfortable to talk on, it really is a great phone. The apps it comes with are awesome, and when you use it with Sailing Clicker, it really works wonders.

Flynnstone
Jan 22, 2007, 09:34 PM
It does the killer app !

iMacZealot
Jan 23, 2007, 01:02 AM
You know, I actually switched out my cordless phone in my room for a rotary I found in a closet. It's soooo much cooler! Seriously! I love it!

biturbomunkie
Jan 23, 2007, 01:24 AM
sony ericsson p990i w/o the numeric keypad... been using it since it first came out. :)

http://www.gsmhelpdesk.nl/img/news/134.jpg

AppleIntelRock
Jan 23, 2007, 09:05 AM
sony ericsson p990i w/o the numeric keypad... been using it since it first came out. :)

Alright people, SLOW DOWN.
Either:
A) Post an image of YOUR actual phone
B) Don't Post anything

We had a thread a while ago where people just posted images from the manufacturer's website, it was a flop. If people want to see the manufacturer's images, we'll do a good search.

Shadow
Jan 23, 2007, 10:46 AM
Glass of water, in a river, through the wash, thrown out a second story window. Sounds like someone likes to exaggerate A LOT. :rolleyes:
I'm not.

Edit: Maybe I should clarify 'out the window'. It was out of my bedroom window to a mate who dropped it, and it landed on grass.

rockthecasbah
Jan 23, 2007, 03:29 PM
Either:
B) Don't Post anything

We had a thread a while ago where people just posted images from the manufacturer's website, it was a flop. If people want to see the manufacturer's images, we'll do a good search.

wow appleintelrock, relax. Don't take this the wrong way, but just go read the OP, it says NOTHING about wanting only your own pictures. Maybe some of us (including myself) aren't fortunate enough to have cameras. I understand you want to try to "save" the thread, but it's 25 pages already, i can handle itself :p

:apple: :apple: :apple:

Anyway, to ntrsfrml, WillJS, and any other members with KRZRs, how do you like them? My phone is starting to get a bit finicky and i'm considering upgrading when the time is right. Improvement on the RAZR or disapointment?

rogersmj
Jan 23, 2007, 05:49 PM
^ I say screw the RAZR and KRZR, get a RIZR. This phone rocks!

Seen here with my outgoing BlackBerry 8700c (great for email, but pretty useless when I spend 90% of my day in front of a computer anyway):

http://rogersmj.com/images/phone/rizr-blackberry_thumb.jpg (http://rogersmj.com/images/phone/rizr-blackberry.jpg)

http://rogersmj.com/images/phone/rizr1_thumb.jpg (http://rogersmj.com/images/phone/rizr1.jpg)

http://rogersmj.com/images/phone/rizr2_thumb.jpg (http://rogersmj.com/images/phone/rizr2.jpg)

Just got it last week.

Pros:
- Great reception
- Compact
- Much more distinctive than a RAZR (the RIZR is not available from any US carrier)
- Seems more durable than the KRZR
- Great build quality -- slide and buttons are super-solid, awesome soft black finish
- "Wow, nice screen" (what every single RAZR user says when they see it)
- Decent camera, bright LED flash (for a phone), decent video recording, video playback, up to 2GB microSD
- Faster interface than other Motos I've used
- Is fully functional even without sliding it open (you can even talk on it with the keypad closed if you want -- don't think you can do that with most sliders)

Cons:
- Camera not the best
- Not the longest lasting battery compared to other phones, but I still get at least 2 days, usually 3 before I have to charge it
- Still a Motorola UI
- Only EDGE

BTW, I'm selling the BlackBerry if anyone's looking for one. It's 100% perfect with a BestSkinsEver skin on it. PM me if interested.

rockthecasbah
Jan 23, 2007, 06:48 PM
I'd consider the RIZR but i'm in the US (specifically on Cingular) and can't afford to buy an unlocked phone :(

rogersmj
Jan 23, 2007, 07:02 PM
I'm on Cingular too. But for me it's worth it to buy an unlocked phone, so I can always get whatever I want. I made the leap once (and that's when it cost me), but I usually recoup most of the cost when I move onto a new phone. For example, my new RIZR was only $220 on eBay, and I will get about that same amount for selling my BlackBerry.

tjcampbell
Jan 23, 2007, 07:10 PM
xda orbit from o2.

Best phone I have ever owned.

Clear calls.
It's light.
Built in Sat Nav!
Syncs with everything via missing sync.
It's small.

I love it.

nickster9224
Jan 23, 2007, 08:04 PM
Nice phones the RIZR is hott

Zwhaler
Jan 23, 2007, 10:23 PM
Yeah, but I would perfer the RIZR Z6 (see motorolas website) which is coming out Q2 2007.

rogersmj
Jan 23, 2007, 11:51 PM
Yeah, but I would perfer the RIZR Z6 (see motorolas website) which is coming out Q2 2007.

Yeah, I'll probably upgrade to that one once it comes out. Faster, better looking, and runs Linux :D

iMacZealot
Jan 24, 2007, 12:54 AM
Any word of the RIZR coming to a US carrier?

And I thought the Z3 was based off of Linux or somethinig. I can't remember.

rogersmj
Jan 24, 2007, 01:09 AM
Any word of the RIZR coming to a US carrier?

And I thought the Z3 was based off of Linux or somethinig. I can't remember.

The RIZR might come to T-Mobile later in the year. Might. But seriously, just buy it unlocked off of eBay.

The Z3 is not Linux, it's mostly Motorola's same old stuff, although somewhat snappier and with a few improvements. The Z6 will be Linux-based.

ruutiveijari
Jan 24, 2007, 03:42 AM
Here's my collection of phones currently in use:

http://koti.welho.com/jlepikko/iBook/phones.jpg

I love these little buggers. They're cheap (about 10 euros used), all use the same charger and all have great battery life. Usually three of these are in use and two as a backup.

Supa_Fly
Jan 24, 2007, 11:47 AM
The RIZR might come to T-Mobile later in the year. Might. But seriously, just buy it unlocked off of eBay.

The Z3 is not Linux, it's mostly Motorola's same old stuff, although somewhat snappier and with a few improvements. The Z6 will be Linux-based.

Screw the Z6 - wait till Moto Announces the Z8

3G & dual camera's (one for video calling ;) )

Just get a Rizr now, the Z6 with Linux/Java OS is very limited via the OS > Modding on normal Moto's dont feel lesser than what you can do with Moto's Linux/Java OS. Dont think of it as a smartphone because its not.

AppleIntelRock
Jan 24, 2007, 05:22 PM
THIS COMES TOMORROW (http://www.ustronics.com/Motorola_ROKR_E6.php)
I'll post images then. I'm VERY thrilled. I was going to get the Ming A1200 but decided to wait it out for this baby.

iMacZealot
Jan 24, 2007, 06:18 PM
THIS COMES TOMORROW (http://www.ustronics.com/Motorola_ROKR_E6.php)
I'll post images then. I'm VERY thrilled. I was going to get the Ming A1200 but decided to wait it out for this baby.

It's (http://wirelessimports.com/Store/Catalog/Detail.aspx?productId=528) already (http://www.cellularconcepts.com/phones/phonedetails.php?product_id=3713&Motorola+ROKR+E6) out. (http://www.puremobile.com/Motorola/Motorola-E6-ROKR-Black-GSM-Phone/)

AppleIntelRock
Jan 24, 2007, 06:19 PM
It's (http://wirelessimports.com/Store/Catalog/Detail.aspx?productId=528) already (http://www.cellularconcepts.com/phones/phonedetails.php?product_id=3713&Motorola+ROKR+E6) out. (http://www.puremobile.com/Motorola/Motorola-E6-ROKR-Black-GSM-Phone/)

It comes to my HOUSE tomorrow.

iMacZealot
Jan 24, 2007, 08:27 PM
It comes to my HOUSE tomorrow.

Oh, I thought you meant that they started shipping from that website tomorrow.

By the way, what does the E6 have that the MING/A1200 doesn't have?

AppleIntelRock
Jan 24, 2007, 09:28 PM
Oh, I thought you meant that they started shipping from that website tomorrow.

By the way, what does the E6 have that the MING/A1200 doesn't have?

The ming is a GREAT phone, however the placement of the ear speaker makes it slightly strange to hold. The Rokr adds music buttons and is said to be slightly faster.

It really came down to

THIS:
http://www.mobilnegyed.hu/newskepek/motoroke6.jpg

VS

THIS:
http://www.livingroom.org.au/cameraphone/archives/motorola-ming.jpg

And I'm not a big fan of the Treo 90 like ascetics of the ming.

fowler.
Jan 24, 2007, 09:39 PM
k790a

http://todayisokay.org/images/salling.jpg

example of its camera

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/112/365143358_8c0b2d8c7a.jpg

AppleIntelRock
Jan 24, 2007, 09:42 PM
k790a

example of its camera

VERY NICE. I really like that.

Supa_Fly
Jan 25, 2007, 01:02 AM
The ming is a GREAT phone, however the placement of the ear speaker makes it slightly strange to hold. The Rokr adds music buttons and is said to be slightly faster.

It really came down to

THIS:

VS

THIS:

I never thought of the Ming (A1200) as a Treo 90 - however now that you mention it your so right!

Let us know if the E6 has issues with 1900Mhz band signal-strength for voice calls (either if your on TMobile or Cingular). Also let us know if you can FULL pimp it out (not just themes, and sunch, but I mean pure applications and full GUI changes).

Thanks.

AppleIntelRock
Jan 25, 2007, 07:11 PM
Rokr E6. w:apple::apple:t

Is that ages of empires? Yes, yes it is. :cool:
http://web.mac.com/michaellines/iWeb/Site%2020/Photos_files/DSC_0175.jpg

more images here (http://web.mac.com/michaellines/iWeb/Site%2020/Photos.html)

ErikCLDR
Jan 26, 2007, 12:32 PM
Ummmmm. This is post your phone. Not post your phone, ipod, psp, psp case, and headphones.

You posted two HUGE images. Also, why would you post a picture of your cordless phone?

Lets make a big to do out of it.

A cordless phone is a phone is it not :P

Sorry I am in a bad mood.

ErikCLDR
Jan 26, 2007, 12:46 PM
Yup...i'm old school.

Bless

No, your not. I am.

(I have no idea why we have this). It has been converted though so you can actually make and receive phone calls.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/ErikCT060/DSC00504.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/ErikCT060/DSC00506.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/ErikCT060/DSC00507.jpg
Jan 5, 1899

phungy
Jan 26, 2007, 01:16 PM

Thought it was Sim City 2000 :X

AppleIntelRock
Jan 26, 2007, 05:10 PM
Thought it was Sim City 2000 :X

sorry. you're 100% wrong. look at the images again ;)

phungy
Jan 26, 2007, 05:15 PM
sorry. you're 100% wrong. look at the images again ;)

Guess it doesn't help if I've never played Age of Empires :eek:

AppleIntelRock
Jan 26, 2007, 05:17 PM
Guess it doesn't help if I've never played Age of Empires :eek:

so why would you make that correction :confused:

Zwhaler
Jan 27, 2007, 12:26 PM
Hey guys! I got my enV and I freaking love it! I'll be posting pictures soon! Gosh it is such a nice phone forget the chocolate if you want a multimedia phone get the env!

zagato27
Jan 28, 2007, 09:13 AM
xda orbit from o2.

Best phone I have ever owned.

Clear calls.
It's light.
Built in Sat Nav!
Syncs with everything via missing sync.
It's small.

I love it.

Interesting. Where did you get it? Cost? Unlocked I'd guess so I could swap my chip from Cingular???? Sat Nav??? Please tell me more. Cheers

AppleIntelRock
Jan 28, 2007, 12:12 PM
Interesting. Where did you get it? Cost? Unlocked I'd guess so I could swap my chip from Cingular???? Sat Nav??? Please tell me more. Cheers

Dude, its a windows based smartphone, don't get so excited.

furious
Jan 29, 2007, 02:00 AM
Me on my SE K800i:p

Supa_Fly
Jan 29, 2007, 02:26 AM
Dude, its a windows based smartphone, don't get so excited.

Current bang for buck on both that & your phone it offers many more features. AGPS for one.

> Your's is more elegant in design but no numerical pad - me bothers me. Not sure why Motorola went backwards in technological advancement and used the SD card slot when its more power efficient to use the MicroSD. Also the space saving would possibly allow for 3G or even DSP.

> I'm glad you phone supports H.264!

BGAYLOR07
Jan 29, 2007, 02:45 AM
I don't have my digital camera yet to take a real pic but this is the phone that I have.

Supa_Fly
Jan 29, 2007, 03:53 AM

http://web.mac.com/michaellines/iWeb/Site%2020/Photos_files/DSC_0175.jpg

For those of you looking to purchase or that OWN this phone; I invite you to this thread where a post confirms 850Mhz band (No Edge just GSM Voice & GPRS Data calls) has been hacked and workS!

http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1079816&page=4&pp=30

I assume no responsibility for anyone damaging or "bricking" their phone

NOTE: bricking means rendering your phone useless as a phone and useful only has a paper weight.

iShane
Jan 29, 2007, 02:21 PM
Hey guys! I got my enV and I freaking love it! I'll be posting pictures soon! Gosh it is such a nice phone forget the chocolate if you want a multimedia phone get the env!

pictures of the enV? :)

iShane
Jan 31, 2007, 04:28 PM
Nevermind about those enV pictures. I bought an enV today and I should be getting it sometime this week or the middle of next week. :)

:apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple:

Using the apple button is fun. :D

biturbomunkie
Feb 2, 2007, 07:44 PM
tsk tsk tsk :rolleyes:

Either:
B) Don't Post anything

It really came down to

THIS:

VS

THIS:

so why would you make that correction :confused: :D

AppleIntelRock
Feb 2, 2007, 09:45 PM
tsk tsk tsk :rolleyes:

:D

I'm pretty sure you're tsk'ing me and at the same time, leaving HUGE images in your quote. Tsk tsk tsk :rolleyes: :p

phungy
Feb 2, 2007, 09:50 PM
I'm pretty sure you're tsk'ing me and at the same time, leaving HUGE images in your quote. Tsk tsk tsk :rolleyes: :p

So what phone is next on your list?

AppleIntelRock
Feb 2, 2007, 09:54 PM
So what phone is next on your list?
I'm pretty much keeping whichever one doesn't sell. As far as my new phone, I'm thinking about the following (the iPhone will be about 4 phones from now :p)

Before I post the phones, I'd like to say, I purchase my unlocked gsm phones from www.ustronics.com and they ROCK- never one problem.

Alright, here is what I'm looking at:

:apple: http://www.ustronics.com/Sony_Ericsson_P990i.php
:apple: http://www.ustronics.com/Nokia_N93.php
:apple: http://www.ustronics.com/LG_KE850_Prada.php

And the enV of course, just to spite iShane :p ;)

7on
Feb 3, 2007, 12:11 AM
So I sat on my old phone and broke the antennae so I used that as an excuse to get my own plan (away from the family plan) and pick up a Free PEBL

LimeiBook86
Feb 3, 2007, 12:18 AM
Here's my first and only phone. My Nokia N-Gage QD. Some people may mock it, but it has a nice MultiMediaCard slot, can play videos and MP3s, Bluetooth, and can run some nice video game emulators on it. Not too bad for an old phone. I'll probably consider upgrade to an iPhone when it comes out but, then again the iPhone is expensive so we'll see :p :D

7on
Feb 3, 2007, 12:19 AM
Here's my first and only phone. My Nokia N-Gage QD. Some people may mock it, but it has a nice MultiMediaCard slot, can play videos and MP3s, Bluetooth, and can run some nice video game emulators on it. Not too bad for an old phone. I'll probably consider upgrade to an iPhone when it comes out but, then again the iPhone is expensive so we'll see :p :D

You're a terrible human being.

LimeiBook86
Feb 3, 2007, 12:20 AM
You're a terrible human being.

Um...thanks? :p Weirdo...

Supa_Fly
Feb 3, 2007, 02:02 AM

Dude you have NO idea how much of a classic that is. If you can find somebody on Tmobile with a grandfathered $9.99 data Ngage subscription you can STILL play many Euro's unlimited. Don't forget this is a smartphone - you cannot change themes without hacking the firmware BUT it'll run applications as you know. If its in mint condition it's still worth over $100 to the right purchaser ;) .

Also - you can get a DUAL MMC card backcover for this puppy. Lastly go dig for threads on Symbian-Freak.com your ONLY stop for all things S60. There you may find a thread where you can get free games (I cannot say no more as its against site rules, or is it?). Also a few useful things & tips on current S60 phones.

@appleintelrock, follow my link above to add 850Mhz band to your E6; but I Do suggest going for the N93 > Video quality is UNMATCHED by ANY OTHER DEVICE. Still your link above is TOO pricey and there are many other retailers with more competitive pricing that is reputable.

7on
Feb 3, 2007, 10:09 AM
Aren't I the classiest guy in existence?

kasei
Feb 3, 2007, 11:01 AM
Sony Ericsson S710a...It is kind of old but I still like it.

jordygreen
Feb 3, 2007, 11:37 AM
http://www.goodgearguide.com.au/im.php/width/360/im/1706_7_sony_ericsson_w810i_v2.jpg

I also found a pretty nice Mac looking theme for it on dA

zagato27
Feb 3, 2007, 11:42 AM
http://www.goodgearguide.com.au/im.php/width/360/im/1706_7_sony_ericsson_w810i_v2.jpg

I also found a pretty nice Mac looking theme for it on dA

I've got four of these (wife,daughter,son and me). Great phone. Please post a link for the theme. dA is a bit hard to navigate....so much stuff. Cheers

jordygreen
Feb 3, 2007, 01:08 PM
I've got four of these (wife,daughter,son and me). Great phone. Please post a link for the theme. dA is a bit hard to navigate....so much stuff. Cheers

Ye they are great phones here is the link iPholio does some good skins.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/47502975/

Different colour schemes aswell :)

interlaced
Feb 5, 2007, 08:49 PM
Sweet phone. Sucky service.

AppleIntelRock
Feb 5, 2007, 08:50 PM
Sweet phone. Sucky service.

TMOBILE ROCKS
You liked the white better then black?

interlaced
Feb 5, 2007, 09:52 PM
TMOBILE ROCKS
You liked the white better then black?

Eh, so far it's okay. Verizon has the best in my area, but they don't have the Pearl. :rolleyes: Yeah I had to stay true to my Macness. I def. prefer the white over black.

shiunn
Feb 6, 2007, 12:09 PM
mine. yea rite.

wwooden
Feb 6, 2007, 12:18 PM
I have a razr through verizon. They don't sell a black razr so I took some clear plastic snap on casing and spray painted it black. I am very happy with the results and it gives my phone a much more rugged look and feel.

insomniac321123
Feb 6, 2007, 01:18 PM
My KRZR with cingular

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=67701&stc=1&d=1170789461

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=67702&stc=1&d=1170789461

rockthecasbah
Feb 6, 2007, 09:12 PM
My KRZR with cingular

I've been bitten by the KRZR bug, i want one so badly right now. It's now just up to convincing my mom to let me spend my money on the upgrade (sad as that may seem :o ). I played around with one the other day at the Cingular store, i thought it was awesome except the circle d-pad is really small and i found myself accidentally hitting the wrong thing, did you experience this?

iMacZealot
Feb 6, 2007, 09:17 PM
My brother just got a KRZR on Verizon --- cool looking phone, but I really can't understand the difference between the verizon KRZR and verizon RAZR except for the fact that one's been on a more strict diet than the other.

rockthecasbah
Feb 6, 2007, 09:21 PM
My brother just got a KRZR on Verizon --- cool looking phone, but I really can't understand the difference between the verizon KRZR and verizon RAZR except for the fact that one's been on a more strict diet than the other.

From what i understand, the KRZR on Verizon is only that different from the RAZR with the form factor and the exterior music controls on the cover of the phone. Both phones on Verizon have a 1.3mega pixel camera i believe. The UI has been updated for the KRZR also but i'm not sure how it compares to the RAZR

Cingular doesn't have those cover buttons but a 2 mega pixel camera instead :)

EDIT: I think it also costs a boat load more than the RAZR :p

insomniac321123
Feb 6, 2007, 09:23 PM
I've been bitten by the KRZR bug, i want one so badly right now. It's now just up to convincing my mom to let me spend my money on the upgrade (sad as that may seem :o ). I played around with one the other day at the Cingular store, i thought it was awesome except the circle d-pad is really small and i found myself accidentally hitting the wrong thing, did you experience this?

I did when I first got it, but I got used to it after about a day. I love the phone, I have yet to find anything I dont like about it.

iMacZealot
Feb 6, 2007, 09:24 PM
I agree. I like the look of that blue GSM KRZR better than the grey one. I'm not sure if the UI is different on the VZW Krzr compared to the RAZR, but when I was phone shopping about three months ago, I can't remember them being different.

Oh, and have you seen the all-white/silver GSM KRZR? It's amazing!

rockthecasbah
Feb 6, 2007, 09:28 PM
I did when I first got it, but I got used to it after about a day. I love the phone, I have yet to find anything I dont like about it.
That's great to hear, i figured that would be the case but it's always helpful to make sure of these kinda things before dropping $200+ :D

I agree. I like the look of that blue GSM KRZR better than the grey one. I'm not sure if the UI is different on the VZW Krzr compared to the RAZR, but when I was phone shopping about three months ago, I can't remember them being different.

Oh, and have you seen the all-white/silver GSM KRZR? It's amazing!

I've seen it and while it's nice, in my opinion you really can't touch the blue ;)

timerollson
Feb 6, 2007, 10:46 PM
Does anyone have the Samsung a990 for Verizon?

I have a chocolate and I'm bored with it.

AppleIntelRock
Feb 6, 2007, 10:47 PM
Does anyone have the Samsung a990 for Verizon?

I have a chocolate and I'm bored with it.
people who are bored with phones, need to get:
A- a gsm carrier
B- A data phone

not that i go through a lot of phonoes or anything ;) :D :rolleyes: :cool: :apple:

zap2
Feb 6, 2007, 11:23 PM
It's now just up to convincing my mom to let me spend my money on the upgrade (sad as that may seem :o ).

I'm in the same boat, well its a xBox 360 but the same idea is there :(

Well if I can't I guess I'll wait for the iPhone(even thought if I got a 360 now, I'd end up with enough for the iPhone if it comes out in June)

Supa_Fly
Feb 7, 2007, 01:24 AM
That's great to hear, i figured that would be the case but it's always helpful to make sure of these kinda things before dropping $200+ :D

Just a hint for ya. Try playing an MP3 and then launch a Java App > bye bye MP3. Actually try doing any task with the MP3 playing > cannot take a photo.

something I can do with the W810i ;) pure quality .... but I need more elegance and power.

AppleIntelRock .... you like me going to upgrade again? I'm thinking the HTC S620/Dash or the Moto V6 Maxx ! Ferrari Edition :D but I just might hang on when the quad band with UMTS 1900 version (just FCC approved last friday) debuts.

jamesi
Feb 7, 2007, 02:05 AM
its funny when ppl take a pic of thier desk and label every other peice of electronics along with the phone. gotta know who has a psp and all

rockthecasbah
Feb 7, 2007, 12:51 PM
Just a hint for ya. Try playing an MP3 and then launch a Java App > bye bye MP3. Actually try doing any task with the MP3 playing > cannot take a photo.

something I can do with the W810i ;) pure quality .... but I need more elegance and power.

AppleIntelRock .... you like me going to upgrade again? I'm thinking the HTC S620/Dash or the Moto V6 Maxx ! Ferrari Edition :D but I just might hang on when the quad band with UMTS 1900 version (just FCC approved last friday) debuts.

I thought there were two mp3 players, one Java based that can't play in the background like you describe and one that can but isn't Java :confused:

interlaced
Feb 7, 2007, 12:54 PM
T-mobile effed something up with my phone number so my lovely white BB is just sitting in my drawer til it's sorted out. :mad:

pictures of the enV? :)

iShane, pictures are below.

macdaddy121
Feb 7, 2007, 04:19 PM
I'm not going to post my phone because I'm about to upgrade it but I had a question for you cell phone nuts.....

I love cell phones and I would love to get a new one every couple of months. I noticed a lot of you use a phone for a couple of months and then sell it off for a pretty nice price. How do you afford this? Is it because you buy really really nice phones right when they come out and then sell them shortly after so you don't lose much money???

AppleIntelRock
Feb 7, 2007, 05:19 PM
I'm not going to post my phone because I'm about to upgrade it but I had a question for you cell phone nuts.....

I love cell phones and I would love to get a new one every couple of months. I noticed a lot of you use a phone for a couple of months and then sell it off for a pretty nice price. How do you afford this? Is it because you buy really really nice phones right when they come out and then sell them shortly after so you don't lose much money???

No. I lose lots of money :D

macdaddy121
Feb 7, 2007, 07:35 PM
No. I lose lots of money :D

Really? I would assume you wouldn't lose that much money....anyway....how do you do it? Ebay and then just keep switching?

AppleIntelRock
Feb 7, 2007, 07:36 PM
Really? I would assume you wouldn't lose that much money....anyway....how do you do it? Ebay and then just keep switching?

I sell them all on here and in real life. I HATE ebay.

interlaced
Feb 7, 2007, 11:56 PM
appleintelrock gets the best phones! A lot of the ones he's had haven't even come out in the US, I think. It's the best part of having a carrier that uses GSM. You can pretty much buy a phone from anywhere, and as long as its unlocked, pop your sim card into it and go. Simple.

So I think we switch phones fairly quickly because.. well, we can. :p

Supa_Fly
Feb 8, 2007, 09:54 AM
appleintelrock gets the best phones! A lot of the ones he's had haven't even come out in the US, I think. It's the best part of having a carrier that uses GSM. You can pretty much buy a phone from anywhere, and as long as its unlocked, pop your sim card into it and go. Simple.

So I think we switch phones fairly quickly because.. well, we can. :p

Don't spread half-truths! The phones radio must support at least 850mhz band or 1900mhz band or both THEN you can import it, pop-in your sim and go. THere are Many phones that only have the 900/2100mhz radio only available in Europe.

iMacZealot
Feb 8, 2007, 04:38 PM
It's actually 900/1800 MHz for Europe, not 2100, unless, of course, if you mean 3G, which uses the 2100 MHz band.

But yeah, that's all you have to look out for. T-Mobile uses only the 1900 band on their network, but much of their roaming is 850 MHz based. Cingular (or AT&T) requires both 1900 and 850, but I've heard of people getting by without the 850.

interlaced
Feb 8, 2007, 05:52 PM
Interesting stuff, Prom1 and iMacZealot. I've never had to make sure my phones were tri-band or quad-band or whatever. :rolleyes: I've just assumed they'd work with my network, and *knock on wood* they all have.

iShane
Feb 8, 2007, 07:12 PM
Yess! I just got the enV this Monday. Its my favorite phone yet (i've had a LG VX6000, Motorola RAZR v3c, and then a LG VX8100) and i'm pretty sure i'm going to be staying with LG for a long time. I love all the ones I've had! Anyways, here are some pics:

iMacZealot
Feb 8, 2007, 08:09 PM
I was thinking about getting the enV after my Verizon phone snapped in half, but "santa" brought a Sidekick instead. I'm quite happy with it. :)

Supa_Fly
Feb 8, 2007, 08:38 PM
well the 8820 - WiFi & Camera ...

WiFI BB 8800 Screenshot http://www.boygeniusreport.com/uploads/Image/BlackBerry%208800/CIMG0375.jpg

GPS thats right boy's & girls A-GPS !
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/uploads/Image/BlackBerry%208800/CIMG0390.jpg

MicroSD eat your heart out BB Pearl users I've got Full QWERTY coming on this puppy.
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/uploads/Image/BlackBerry%208800/CIMG0392.jpg

Take a GOOD look at the bottom 2 service books. BES Admins you're gonna love this ....
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/uploads/Image/BlackBerry%208800/CIMG0439.jpg

BB Pearl & BB 8800 comparo
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/uploads/Image/BlackBerry%208800/CIMG0383.jpg

Yup I'll have one of these .... but NOT before I get my first fully owned and kept Mac!!! This I SWEAR!

After that Mac phones is OPEN season .... I'll keep an eye open for what the new S60 3RD Edition FP2 - yes FP2 - devices gets announced for shipping in fall or December.

iMacZealot
Feb 8, 2007, 09:31 PM
Are you thinking of getting the iPhone, Prom1?

classof2011
Feb 8, 2007, 09:52 PM
Dang. I need to post my phone pix. I just got another one but here's what I have:

Broken RAZR V3i (will not be pictured). Tried to replace housing but it fell apart :(
Samsung D807...Dad's reliable, great phone
RAZR (blue)...not mine, my little brother's :p
RAZR V3c....my mom's.
Nokia 6030...basic but will do :D
And my favorite....
T-Mobile Sidekick II . Hopefully I'll quit my Cingular contract soon and switch to T-mobile for a SK3 . Only thing I regret about my SK2 is its camera quality, lack of MP3 player, and dim screen. SK3 is supposed to be better, so I can't wait...

Now, if I remember to, I'll post pictures *goes to Stickies*....;)

Supa_Fly
Feb 8, 2007, 10:17 PM
Are you thinking of getting the iPhone, Prom1?

I phone is rumored to be exclusive on Rogers Wireless here in Canada ... but for best data value Rogers offers .... brace for it ... $100/mth (you MUST have a voice plan as well) = 200MB capped!?!! Screw that ... thats $84US per/mth. No rapage for me sorry. iPhone doesn't give me what I need, I'm advancing my carrier doing tech support in a helpdesk .. I'm the focal for BB Support right now - still learning quite a bit .. but my ultimate goal is to work in Waterloo by end of summer & in 4yrs as a direct BES Admin for a large corporation/company ;)

Dang. I need to post my phone pix. I just got another one but here's what I have:

Broken RAZR V3i (will not be pictured). Tried to replace housing but it fell apart :(
Samsung D807...Dad's reliable, great phone
RAZR (blue)...not mine, my little brother's :p
RAZR V3c....my mom's.
Nokia 6030...basic but will do :D
And my favorite....
T-Mobile Sidekick II . Hopefully I'll quit my Cingular contract soon and switch to T-mobile for a SK3 . Only thing I regret about my SK2 is its camera quality, lack of MP3 player, and dim screen. SK3 is supposed to be better, so I can't wait...
Now, if I remember to, I'll post pictures *goes to Stickies*....;)

Wait for the D-WADE SK3 to debut its SWEET!

SkyBell
Feb 8, 2007, 10:29 PM

I really hate the KRZR/RAZR's d-pad. ITS SO DAMN SMALL! I'm constantly hitting wrong buttons.

Truth be told, I love the old candybar phones the best. I just do.

iMacZealot
Feb 8, 2007, 10:37 PM
And my favorite....

Don't get too excited over the camera and screen. While the camera is okay, don't expect it to replace your real camera. I think I set myself up to be dissapointed.

The screen is okay, but I don't think they've done anything wiith it since the 2.

MP3 player is great, but the memory card it comes with doesn't hold too much. I've not gotten the chance to replace it. Oh, and the phone can only take 3 pictures without a memory card.

Otherwise, it's a great phone! I never owned a Sidekick II, (or an American GSM phone, for that matter) but they made some nice improvements on the design and interface. The trackball is also really cool, and there's really no need to use the directional pad, really.

A new Sidekick-esque device is coming out from Danger this spring. It's rumored to be a stripped down Sidekick 3, but I think that's just speculation from the model numbers (SKII's model no. was PV100, the SK3's is PV200, and the device they're cranking through the FCC is numbered PV150.)

Zwhaler
Feb 8, 2007, 11:56 PM
Yess! I just got the enV this Monday. Its my favorite phone yet (i've had a LG VX6000, Motorola RAZR v3c, and then a LG VX8100) and i'm pretty sure i'm going to be staying with LG for a long time. I love all the ones I've had! Anyways, here are some pics:

Isn't that thing ****ing amazing? Such a good phone. Did you put music on it?

Oh... see my thread cuz I have a question about it

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=277395

iShane
Feb 10, 2007, 10:33 AM
Isn't that thing ****ing amazing? Such a good phone. Did you put music on it?

Oh... see my thread cuz I have a question about it

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=277395

Yeah I love it soo much! Theres just one thing I don't like about it and that is that no one seems to be able to hear me, now like I said I have had a Moto RAZR V3c, a LG VX8100, and a LG VX6000 and I'm pretty sure I've talked the same volume on all of them. But no one seems to hear me. And sometimes when people talk it sounds fuzzy too. :confused:

Anyways, yeah I did put music on it. But I don't really use it all that often because I have my iPod. I haven't listened to it with the headphones yet. I probably will sometime...it may just be you. Try turning down the volume on the headphones because I noticed they had a little volume thing on there. Try turning down the volume on the phone too.

the kid 05
Feb 10, 2007, 11:34 AM
actual pictures when it comes on tuesday

Tmobile MDA

http://www.mobilevillage.com/news/2006.02.24/tmobile_mda.jpg

stormyuklondon1
Feb 13, 2007, 02:46 PM
i picked one of these up today..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/stormyuklondon1/122641.jpg
lg shine
built like a battleship, all metal case, big screen with great colour and an easy menu system. cracking phone:)

phungy
Feb 13, 2007, 03:08 PM
lg shine
built like a battleship, all metal case, big screen with great colour and an easy menu system. cracking phone:)

May I inquire where you purchased this beauty? and if it can be unlocked? :)

spicyapple
Feb 13, 2007, 04:04 PM
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/_spicyapple_/personal/razr.jpg

Next to my lovely PowerMac. :) I'll planning on ditching my RAZR for one with better video capture.

- spicy

buffalo
Feb 13, 2007, 05:21 PM
Here's my one month old white KRZR (Verizon).

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/9462/dsc0324tl4.jpg

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/7486/dsc0330oz7.jpg

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1843/dsc0329za6.jpg

I really like the phone except for the top, which doesn't seem to close quite right. Maybe I'm just picky...

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7826/dsc0331uo4.jpg

falcon1
Feb 13, 2007, 05:29 PM
I like the picture on your razr spicy.

ricgnzlzcr
Feb 13, 2007, 06:25 PM
That LG Shine looks gorgeous. Let us know how you like it!

rockthecasbah
Feb 13, 2007, 07:38 PM
Buffalo, from the pictures it looks like your KRZR isn't shutting right because it is slightly off, it slants a bit to the left.

AppleIntelRock
Feb 13, 2007, 07:41 PM
Buffalo, from the pictures it looks like your KRZR isn't shutting right because it is slightly off, it slants a bit to the left.

yea. get that looked @.

lg shine

how about posting a real image?

Whats to love? Verizon spoils every one of them.

mine. yea rite.

alright people. STOP posting iphones :rolleyes:

buffalo
Feb 13, 2007, 08:14 PM

You said what I was trying to describe...

yea. get that looked @.

Would Verizon be able to do anything about it?

iMacZealot
Feb 13, 2007, 10:16 PM
Would Verizon be able to do anything about it?

I think all flip phones have a tendency to do that. The ones I've have in the past generally did that. I'm really starting to like candybars, sliders, and swivels. While my Sidekick is technically a swivel phone, it's easier to hold up to my ear than a flip phone, where the best way to hold it is with your thumb and pointer finger on the sides, which makes for more weight on your fingertips than a bar-shaped phone.

SkyBell
Feb 13, 2007, 11:32 PM
Here's my one month old white KRZR (Verizon).

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/9462/dsc0324tl4.jpg

I really like the phone except for the top, which doesn't seem to close quite right. Maybe I'm just picky...

I don't like the KRZR's. Too long. plus, the interface and... blech.

And FOUR posts in a row, appleintelrock?

iMacZealot
Feb 13, 2007, 11:35 PM

Well, luckily (I guess), that's the Verizon KRZR, which has VZW's interface, not the Moto one.

buffalo
Feb 14, 2007, 01:54 PM

And FOUR posts in a row, appleintelrock?

Well, luckily (I guess), that's the Verizon KRZR, which has VZW's interface, not the Moto one.

Yeah, I have no problem with the interface... it's simple enough to navigate.

This might be a dumb question, but what's the best way to charge a cell phone? Should I charge it every night or wait until the battery is on its last bar?

stormyuklondon1
Feb 15, 2007, 03:42 AM
May I inquire where you purchased this beauty? and if it can be unlocked? :)
phungy, i got it on an upgrade, its pretty much available everywhere on this side of the pond. not sure if its available in the states..but seeing as its quad band, i dont see why not. oh, and its unlocked out of the box:)
in use it is soo simple, nothing complicated nice bright interface. build quality is better than any phone ive had, everythings metal!
the big downer is the 2 mp camera, which isnt as good as the one on my se w800i, oddly enough. dont know about battery life yet, but seems to be quite good.
so far so good:)

ksolano
Feb 15, 2007, 07:34 AM
its time for an upgrade, and its my last ever non-apple phone so I want to make a good choice So!?
Will the newer phones sync well with isync?
Dont want a pda, but Ive been looking at the Nokia N95, that phone looks sweet.. Need some advice guys.. cheers, Kevin.

dadsp33k
Feb 15, 2007, 07:38 AM
http://www.mobilegazette.com/images/blackberry/blackberry-8700c.jpg

Zwhaler
Feb 16, 2007, 01:39 PM
Yeah I love it soo much! Theres just one thing I don't like about it and that is that no one seems to be able to hear me, now like I said I have had a Moto RAZR V3c, a LG VX8100, and a LG VX6000 and I'm pretty sure I've talked the same volume on all of them. But no one seems to hear me. And sometimes when people talk it sounds fuzzy too. :confused:

Anyways, yeah I did put music on it. But I don't really use it all that often because I have my iPod. I haven't listened to it with the headphones yet. I probably will sometime...it may just be you. Try turning down the volume on the headphones because I noticed they had a little volume thing on there. Try turning down the volume on the phone too.

Hmm.. I don't see any volume adjustment on the headphones. They sound very very good it's just that they are too loud! Thx though

Whats to love? Verizon spoils every one of them.

Care to elaborate? Many of my friends have other carriers, and they are crap. Verizon is the best (by far) available in my area. Unless you are talking about the phone itself? Mobile Web 2.0, 3D Games, V Cast, it doesn't get much better than that. It even has a GPS built in.

Jeonat
Feb 16, 2007, 04:24 PM
Well although I posted earlier with the M600i, I decided to upgrade to the P990i. Mainly because the keyboard is better and it has WiFi :)

Great phone, a bit on the large side I admit - but it works well and having the 2 different "modes" (flip open and flip closed) is definitely useful, I know some people prefer to take the flip off but I think it's good.

h?
Feb 16, 2007, 04:51 PM
That LG Shine looks gorgeous. Let us know how you like it!

The LG Shine is a thing of beauty. Only trouble is, like the iPods, it scratches very easily. They give you a microfibre cloth but no case so there is no protection from keys. After there are a few scratches on that mirrored display, it begins to look really shabby

Supa_Fly
Feb 21, 2007, 11:09 PM
Just picked up a RIM 8100 Pearl on Rogers.

Will post pictures early next week as I'm back to the work grind.

purchase of Motorola Q for the wife is also pending ...
gawd I cannot stand CDMA networks with their limiting phones.

wizwaz3
Feb 22, 2007, 04:19 PM
Here's mine:
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/8458/1001092uv3.jpg

Motorola Q. Works beautifully. It's in a hard plastic case and I can't find any decent film to protect the screen. Hence the bubbling. lol

Supa_Fly
Feb 22, 2007, 11:48 PM
If I can ever book a solid meeting time I'll pick one up for the wife this weekend.! :p

itsme92
Feb 23, 2007, 12:44 AM
Yeah, I have no problem with the interface... it's simple enough to navigate.

This might be a dumb question, but what's the best way to charge a cell phone? Should I charge it every night or wait until the battery is on its last bar?

Wait until its on its last bar...I used to have an LG VX6100 and the battery got half a day of life just before I replaced it because I charged it every night. I just replaced it with an LG VX5300 and I'm not going to repeat that mistake...

I love LG phones because they have excellent call quality and I'm one of those crazies that just wants a phone to be a phone.

Duffman
Feb 23, 2007, 01:17 AM
Finally had to retire my checkerboard AU "Infobar" for the newer, shinier brown W43S from Sony Ericsson. Good phone, but Sony Ericsson nixed the "jog dial" that they used to have. That was the best phone user interface ever.

koobcamuk
Feb 23, 2007, 03:27 AM
Finally had to retire my checkerboard AU "Infobar" for the newer, shinier brown W43S from Sony Ericsson. Good phone, but Sony Ericsson nixed the "jog dial" that they used to have. That was the best phone user interface ever.

Are you Japanese? How is that phone working out for you? Do you have an old Japanese phone you want to sell to someone in the UK? (me)

NickElls
Feb 24, 2007, 12:55 AM
L2. I got it for free with Cingular.
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2342/picture5zb9.png

The3nd
Feb 24, 2007, 12:12 PM
Here's mine:

Motorola Q. Works beautifully. It's in a hard plastic case and I can't find any decent film to protect the screen. Hence the bubbling. lol

does that one have a backlit keyboard?

cleanup
Feb 25, 2007, 12:01 AM
I like the picture on your razr spicy.

i think that's a picture of spicy herself! :o

wizwaz3
Feb 25, 2007, 12:14 AM
does that one have a backlit keyboard?

Yes. It's blue. I don't know what the older, silver Q's have.

tombarnes
Feb 26, 2007, 01:21 PM
HELLO!?

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c63/tombarnes/domjoly.jpg

AppleIntelRock
Feb 26, 2007, 05:17 PM
HELLO!?

hahahahaha.

oh wait....

thats not funny ;)

diotav
Mar 2, 2007, 10:21 AM
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/4254/setup032uv6.jpg

Nokia E61 .. also had the Treo 680 and M600i, but this is the best phone by far!

Supa_Fly
Mar 3, 2007, 01:02 PM
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/4254/setup032uv6.jpg

Nokia E61 .. also had the Treo 680 and M600i, but this is the best phone by far!

Great phone indeed, you'll like the upgrade to the E61i (2MP camera more ram) - unless you hate Joypads (vs ur Joystick on #61)

Guessing I should add my PIN to my signature - since I'm now rolling by screens on my BB Pearl. (60hr work week went by without a breeze for day shifts, night shifts are killer).

MacBook Pro :apple: Here I come.

SkyBell
Mar 3, 2007, 01:23 PM
actual pictures when it comes on tuesday

Tmobile MDA

http://www.mobilevillage.com/news/2006.02.24/tmobile_mda.jpg

Wow, I love that! Wish I could afford that! (In $230 in debt for the iBook in my sig:p )

buffalo
Mar 3, 2007, 03:56 PM

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7826/dsc0331uo4.jpg

I showed the phone to a guy at a Verizon kiosk in a mall, and he said they were made to close like that. A couple weeks later, I went to the store to get it looked at. The guy thought that was odd, so he replaced it. So now I have a KRZR that looks right shut.

mati0000
Mar 4, 2007, 02:31 PM
Here is my 'iV3' and some macs

Salu2,
m@ty.-

shoppy
Mar 4, 2007, 03:26 PM
Here is a few photos of some off my every day phones,

I have a work BB 8100, a K-Jam, v3i and a few others in my drawer. I use depending upon my mood.

gabsang
Mar 4, 2007, 03:49 PM
looks good !!

lexus
Mar 4, 2007, 06:20 PM
Anyone here got an Ascent? If so have you written a iSync plugin for it? I have one for the Constellation if you like?

Thanks

BCains
Mar 5, 2007, 10:18 PM
Motorola RIZR Z3, bought it today.

TheDance511
Mar 5, 2007, 10:23 PM

i want that!!! when r they comin 2 america?????:eek:

iMacZealot
Mar 5, 2007, 10:32 PM

March 27th (I think) on T-Mobile.

Could anybody recommend me a good unlocked phone and a good site to buy it from? I'm going to be doing some extensive international travel this year and while T-Mobile is certainly the best compared to the other three when it comes to international options, their rates are ridiculously high. I want to use another company, and they won't unlock my Sidekick. So, what's a good phone to buy?

CubeHacker
Mar 6, 2007, 01:52 PM
You might as well wait for the RIZR Z6. It has a 3x faster processor, and is a vast improvement over the Z3.

BCains
Mar 6, 2007, 07:23 PM
You might as well wait for the RIZR Z6. It has a 3x faster processor, and is a vast improvement over the Z3.

"wait until ____ is out, it'll be better" if i had a dollar for everytime i heard that. dont you guys ever get sick of waiting :D

iMacZealot
Mar 6, 2007, 08:23 PM
I certainly do.

I like the RIZR, but I like Nokia much better than Motorola, although Motorola is fine (better than Samsung), but I'd prefer something under $275.

minty-freshness
Mar 7, 2007, 01:53 PM

:eek: i have been wanting thtat SINGLE phone for about 5 months... where did you get it??? march 27th you said??

CubeHacker
Mar 7, 2007, 05:47 PM
"wait until ____ is out, it'll be better" if i had a dollar for everytime i heard that. dont you guys ever get sick of waiting :D

True, but the Z6 has already been announced. It will be released in Q2 of this year, which isn't all that far away.

letswastetime
Mar 7, 2007, 07:00 PM
my LG 'The V' phone. i've had it for about a year and love it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/notetoooself/IMG_0746.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/notetoooself/IMG_0764.jpg

Mechcozmo
Mar 7, 2007, 07:22 PM
I've got a Nokia 6256i. Linkety (http://www.nokiausa.com/phones/6256i) to Nokia's site.

Hacked so I can use it as a dial-up modem via Bluetooth and also use MP3 ringtones. Haven't tried AAC yet, but it claims support for it.

Oh, and it has completely uncrippled Bluetooth. The only downside is that it doesn't sync with iSync... but I was able to send my Address Book to it anyway via Bluetooth. :)

http://cs.gmu.edu/~sean/stuff/6256i.jpg

BCains
Mar 7, 2007, 09:01 PM
:eek: i have been wanting thtat SINGLE phone for about 5 months... where did you get it??? march 27th you said??

I'm in Australia, i'm quite surprized we got it before the US. Havent seen anyone else with this phone here yet or on the shelves :cool:

True, but the Z6 has already been announced. It will be released in Q2 of this year, which isn't all that far away.

I had been trying to find a decent phone for 2+ months than got this - while i was being stuffed around by the company getting it in
i found out about the Z6, it looks good not a fan of the glossy look thou.

nickster9224
Mar 7, 2007, 10:20 PM
Is the V about the same thing as the enV

dan243
Mar 7, 2007, 10:32 PM
I just got a RIZR as well and found it doesn't like talking to my Powerbook G4 through isync. Anyone know of a solution?

Dan

yg17
Mar 7, 2007, 10:33 PM
I just got a RIZR as well and found it doesn't like talking to my Powerbook G4 through isync. Anyone know of a solution?

Dan

It's a Motorola, it's not supposed to work right :D

iMacZealot
Mar 7, 2007, 10:34 PM
Is the V about the same thing as the enV

The enV has replaced the V. It includes a "prettier" styling, a two megapixel camera, but that's pretty much it.

nickster9224
Mar 7, 2007, 10:37 PM
i still like my v3m though i wish i had gotten something w/ a kb

M@lew
Mar 8, 2007, 01:50 AM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/148/405210293_fef83a52ae.jpg

I need a new phone. :)

BCains
Mar 8, 2007, 05:07 AM

Dan

Apple still hasnt updated the support for the some of the newier phones from motorola. I do everything through bluetooth anyway.

rogersmj
Mar 8, 2007, 08:48 AM

The RIZR has been available unlocked on eBay for months. I got one in January (I posted it in this thread awhile back -- images are here (http://rogersmj.com/images/phone/)). I normally don't care for Motorola phones, but the Z3 has been very nice. Beats the pants off of a RAZR in terms of speed and build quality. The RAZR feels like a cheap piece of crap compared to the RIZR.

The Z6 will be nice for sure, but the Z3 has repeatedly impressed me. Their prices are dropping on eBay, so I wouldn't hesitate to go for one if you're not wanting to wait several more months.

MagicWok
Mar 8, 2007, 09:18 AM
This is my phone, the SE K800i. I love the 3.2MP camera - it's a great phone :)

dan243
Mar 8, 2007, 11:04 PM
Apple still hasnt updated the support for the some of the newier phones from motorola. I do everything through bluetooth anyway.
Yeah it connects in bluetooth but I really wanted to sync my address book from my Powerbook with my new simcard on the new phone. Gonna have to do it the long way now i suppose. Bummer.

CrouchingDonkey
Mar 12, 2007, 03:28 PM
Here's my Samsung P300, and E908.

esco
Apr 3, 2007, 12:01 AM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/54/192335299_9b08c14111.jpg

Treo 700p

Holding out for the iPhone until it has 3G :(

ntrsfrml
Apr 6, 2007, 09:26 AM
everybody..lets see if you can top this :D :D :D

Nokia N95, WIFI, GPS, 3G(2100Mhz tho :( ), 5 Mega Pixel Camera w/ Carl Zeiss Lens, two Way slider, 3.5mm jack , Price > $1150 Cdn ~ $999.58 USD only.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/232/448337934_18c4ef4aff_o.jpg http://farm1.static.flickr.com/208/448340705_21d7162470_o.jpg

Overclocker
Apr 8, 2007, 06:04 AM

Nokia N95, WIFI, GPS, 3G(2100Mhz tho :( ), 5 Mega Pixel Camera w/ Carl Zeiss Lens, two Way slider, 3.5mm jack , Price > $1150 Cdn ~ $999.58 USD only.

Nice....I was really considering the M600i but then it didnt have a camera built in :( Oh well waiting for the next version of SE smartphone or the iPhone

Supa_Fly
Apr 9, 2007, 08:39 AM
Nice....I was really considering the M600i but then it didnt have a camera built in :( Oh well waiting for the next version of SE smartphone or the iPhone

M600i successor may be debuted late May or June & ship in bulk around mid July. SE would be stupid to wait any longer, but lately they seem to only focus on low & mid-tier phones.

Although I love the concepts of the iPhone, its going to be a huge data hog! My provider & others REFUSE to offer unlimited data, that ntrsfrml - a HoFo member, can attest to. Rogers/Fido (GSM), Telus/Bell Mobility (CDMA) offer No unlimited packages.

I'm still waiting for a GSM/GAN/UMA/WiFi enabled BlackBerry to debut in nice style. (the 7270 is WiFi-UMA/PBX only no cellular radio at all).

CubeHacker
Apr 11, 2007, 08:04 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/118/293943559_16248e7639_o.jpg

Samsung X820 aka Ultra 6.9

JackArc
Apr 12, 2007, 10:38 PM
^^ nice phone! i just got a dash, i will post a picture in a second

mantic
Apr 14, 2007, 04:42 AM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a96/-Mantic-/IMG_5108.jpg http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a96/-Mantic-/IMG_5107.jpg

AceWilfong
Apr 14, 2007, 05:13 AM
I don't use it any more, but I've always liked the Form Factor and the unique, original, digital input.

kristiano
Apr 14, 2007, 11:01 AM

Picked mine up 2 weeks ago for US$850 :)

mjstew33
Apr 14, 2007, 11:03 AM
Crappy little thing. :o

wizwaz3
Apr 14, 2007, 11:57 AM
I don't use it any more, but I've always liked the Form Factor and the unique, original, digital input.

Ha! Yes! I like it. I was waiting for this to happen. :)

ph0rce
Apr 14, 2007, 06:46 PM

Very very nice phone, my brother is interested in getting one and i think he had a demo at a shop with one today, will have to see if he has one next time i see him!

classof2011
Apr 14, 2007, 11:17 PM

Uh huh, Shane. Now where's the Chocolate at? Knowing me, I probably overlooked it.

And my BlackJackkkkkkkkkk

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n3/zackt1992/04-14-07_2309.jpg

Sorry for the sucky quality........the nearest "camera" was my brother's RAZR. I'll get better pictures with all current phones in my house tomorrow, when my camera is charged.

And guess who's in it.....Jillz!!