PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Phone!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

PowerFullMac
Nov 9, 2008, 02:51 AM
Also install the SPB Shell and show it to PowerFullMac - he may change his tune about WM

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hLz4UlKOHL0

Looks cool, I like the 3D effects, still not clean and smooth enough and its based on Windows Mobile still so its unreliable and programs dont quit themselves, meaning wasted CPU cycles, RAM and battery life.

Like I say, its cool but it hasent made me change my opinion of WM.

hexonxonx
Nov 9, 2008, 10:16 AM
ohh a canadian phone ic hahaha

What's Canadian about it?

zap2
Nov 9, 2008, 10:26 AM
What's Canadian about it?

Research in Motion(makers of BlackBerrys) was started in Canada, and their current HQ is still there

hexonxonx
Nov 9, 2008, 10:27 AM
Research in Motion(makers of BlackBerrys) was started in Canada, and their current HQ is still there

I see. I had no idea, thanks.

7on
Nov 10, 2008, 09:36 AM
Best phone ever...

Haha, indeed. Been thinking of looking into purchasing one, but seeing how I bought the iPhone not too long ago (May) I should really hold back...

garybUK
Nov 10, 2008, 09:49 AM
My N95 8GB along side my work phone (Nokia 3109 classic).

I love Nokia's hehe :D

http://www.bowers1.com/~gary/photos/PB100100.jpg

PowerFullMac
Nov 10, 2008, 11:34 AM
Fresh from the O2 shop!!! Dont buy the iPhone 3G from the Carphone Warehouse, people!

Melrose
Nov 10, 2008, 11:39 AM
Fresh from the O2 shop!!! Dont buy the iPhone 3G from the Carphone Warehouse, people!

You have hot pinkies. :D

fazox
Nov 10, 2008, 01:19 PM
Curve 8330

mini/mac
Nov 10, 2008, 04:25 PM
Just got my Samsung Slyde (AKA Rant) yesterday.

TwinCities Dan
Nov 10, 2008, 04:49 PM
You have hot pinkies. :D

Melrose, this is not that kind of forum! :p :D

PeterQC
Nov 10, 2008, 05:39 PM
Motorola KRZR K1m

http://www.mobilegazette.com/images/motorola/motorola-krzr-k1m.jpg

Like the look, can't compete with an iPhone, but it's my favourite not-smart phone design.
If there was an iPhone w/o 3G built-in or EDGE with a cheap contract, I would literally jump on it.

MacGeekDC
Nov 10, 2008, 10:08 PM
Motorola KRZR K1m
[IMG]
Like the look, can't compete with an iPhone, but it's my favourite not-smart phone design.
If there was an iPhone w/o 3G built-in or EDGE with a cheap contract, I would literally jump on it.

My brother has that phone, it's good but over time the paint chips off and the plastic can crack.

PeterQC
Nov 11, 2008, 04:36 PM
My brother has that phone, it's good but over time the paint chips off and the plastic can crack.

So far mine is perfect :)

Supa_Fly
Nov 11, 2008, 09:52 PM

RIM - Research in Motion
Founded by 2 engineers; Canadian citizens.
Based & Headquartered (originally & still) in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
approx. 117KM South-West of Toronto.

Also note that ALL RIM-NOC servers (your BES email, BIS email, devices assembly and testing) all in Waterloo. Coding for the server apps is mostly in Waterloo, Mississauga, or FT Worth, Tx - the USA headquarters to be finished soon if not already.

jaydub
Nov 11, 2008, 10:16 PM
blackberry bold

had an iphone 3g, very very meh.

http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/May2008/Blackberry_Bold.jpg

shfreelance
Nov 11, 2008, 11:34 PM
blackberry bold

had an iphone 3g, very very meh.

Probably my next phone to replace my 8830.

jaydub
Nov 11, 2008, 11:36 PM
Probably my next phone to replace my 8830.
I'm really enjoying the phone. My curve was good, but this phone really is great.

idesign245
Nov 14, 2008, 12:49 PM
Finally gave in...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3194/3028338296_00f2336db2.jpg?v=0

fireshot91
Nov 14, 2008, 02:55 PM
Does the BB Bold have a half-touch screen? if no- then why does everybody want it? I like the Curve better.

Wireless Buddy
Nov 15, 2008, 09:46 PM
Me and my wonderful Samsung i730.

http://rossspace.googlepages.com/i730bb.jpg

Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC - Theme'd to hell to look, sound, and act like Windows Vista Ultimate.

All you iPhone owners, bow down to me. My phone can do ANYTHING.

jamays00
Nov 16, 2008, 12:31 AM
I briefly owned that samsung i730... I absolutely hated it! The battery would last maybe 1 day at best. it had more glitches and bugs than i've ever seen before... getting rid of that phone was the best thing I ever did haha:eek:

Wireless Buddy
Nov 16, 2008, 12:39 AM
I briefly owned that samsung i730... I absolutely hated it! The battery would last maybe 1 day at best. it had more glitches and bugs than i've ever seen before... getting rid of that phone was the best thing I ever did haha:eek:

Eh, you gotta put the time and effort into it. Running it stock out of the box isn't a good experience, but with some modding and several awesome programs, you have the most powerful phone ever.

PowerFullMac
Nov 16, 2008, 04:01 AM
Eh, you gotta put the time and effort into it. Running it stock out of the box isn't a good experience, but with some modding and several awesome programs, you have the most powerful phone ever.

Why bother with that when you can have a stock iPhone 3G that is already the most powerful phone ever? :p

daneoni
Nov 16, 2008, 07:02 AM
Why bother with that when you can have a stock iPhone 3G that is already the most powerful phone ever? :p

Because he's a true geek and you're just an average consumer

Wireless Buddy
Nov 16, 2008, 09:42 AM
Because he's a true geek and you're just an average consumer

Haha. That, and my phone can do about 30 times more things than any iPhone.

PowerFullMac
Nov 16, 2008, 12:40 PM
Windows Mobile dosent even come close to the superior iPhone OS based off Leopard!!!

Wireless Buddy
Nov 16, 2008, 01:26 PM
Windows Mobile dosent even come close to the superior iPhone OS based off Leopard!!!

By "superior iPhone OS", are you referring to its lack of elementary features like cut/copy/paste and MMS, or the fact that it's incredibly limited by Apple and has no innovation?

Until your iPhone can print Excel spreadsheets to a networked printer over IP like my phone can, go away please.

zap2
Nov 16, 2008, 01:32 PM
By "superior iPhone OS", are you referring to its lack of elementary features like cut/copy/paste and MMS, or the fact that it's incredibly limited by Apple and has no innovation?

Until your iPhone can print Excel spreadsheets to a networked printer over IP like my phone can, go away please.

Look iPhone OS and WM each do certain things better. For some WM is their OS of choice, and thats fine. And for other iPhone is what they want. And others still go for Palm OS, Android, BlackBerry OS or Symbian. Nothing wrong with that.

But please go away, just seems unneed. Right?

Mitthrawnuruodo
Nov 16, 2008, 01:40 PM
And everybody take one step back and breath, please...

...and while you're standing there consider if this my phone OS is better than your phone OS really is a topic where you want the discussion to escalate to the point where the ban hamster wakes up.

Prof.
Nov 16, 2008, 02:04 PM
Mine. :)
http://skattertech.com/media/2007/10/sprint-lg-rumor-white-silver.jpg

Saganomics
Nov 16, 2008, 02:05 PM
An unlocked Motorola Z6C world edition:
Picks up U.S. CDMA and the GSM 900/1800 used in most the rest of the world.
I'm hoping to travel in the near future so it'll be nice to pop in a prepaid sim.

fireshot91
Nov 16, 2008, 02:09 PM
and how exactly does the pre-paid CDMA work on that? you can't just pop in a SIM for CDMA.

Saganomics
Nov 16, 2008, 02:28 PM
and how exactly does the pre-paid CDMA work on that? you can't just pop in a SIM for CDMA.

I meant the phone's embedded monthly plan is CDMA (I live in America, hence Verizon logo), and that it accepts GSM SIMs from a European company like Orange or Vodaphone and automatically switches to the 900/1800 band.

jasko
Nov 16, 2008, 03:59 PM
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/4414/photo45uq1.jpg

mrmayor92
Nov 18, 2008, 10:34 PM
http://www.pdastreet.com/images/articles/blackjack2.bmp

sending it back to ATT though because it has a bunch of dust under the screen

jaydub
Nov 18, 2008, 11:12 PM
I got my black bezel, but I think I'm going back to the original.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x56/madjanx/IMG_4858.jpg

palebluedot
Nov 19, 2008, 12:05 AM

[^^ Snip]

What is the iTunes synching like on this? I'm debating between an iPhone and the Bold but I want to be able to play my iTunes music on my phone and have a music player + phone in one device. Does this work for that?

Can it play the non-iTunes plus (gd DRM) stuff? I made the mistake of buying songs off iTunes before I found Amazon MP3.

jaydub
Nov 19, 2008, 12:34 AM
What is the iTunes synching like on this? I'm debating between an iPhone and the Bold but I want to be able to play my iTunes music on my phone and have a music player + phone in one device. Does this work for that?

Can it play the non-iTunes plus (gd DRM) stuff? I made the mistake of buying songs off iTunes before I found Amazon MP3.
AFAIK it cannot play DRM'd stuff. I haven't synced it yet, but I do have an 8GB class 6 sandisk microSD in there now. I know there's an option in Missing Sync to sync an iTunes playlist (or multiple ones).

brikeh
Nov 19, 2008, 01:26 AM
The blackberry bold looks real nice

DoFoT9
Nov 19, 2008, 02:38 AM
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/4414/photo45uq1.jpg

id take that back, they have put the cover on back to front! :confused:

Love
Nov 19, 2008, 09:27 AM
LOL... thought this was the last purchase thread.

dextertangocci
Nov 19, 2008, 09:45 AM

Find me a smart phone with an interface as fast and easy to use as the iPhone's. Or one that seamlessly synchs (both ways) all my media and info to itunes/address book etc.

Also, while you are at it, find me a phone with a touch screen that is better than the iPhone's. All other touch screens are so crappy. They are dull and you have to push down on them with a stylus with 5kg's of force in order for it to register, and even then winblows mobile or whatever other half baked OS you have on there only registers it like 10 seconds later.

And why would you want to create/print a document on a phone:confused: The formatting is bad and it takes 10 times longer than on a Mac/PC. By the time you are finished typing a document, I could have driven home, fetched my Macbook Pro, driven back, typed a document that looks 100 times better than the one you just typed on your phone and emailed and printed it, with much less effort.

garybUK
Nov 19, 2008, 11:14 AM
Find me a smart phone with an interface as fast and easy to use as the iPhone's. Or one that seamlessly synchs (both ways) all my media and info to itunes/address book etc.

Also, while you are at it, find me a phone with a touch screen that is better than the iPhone's. All other touch screens are so crappy. They are dull and you have to push down on them with a stylus with 5kg's of force in order for it to register, and even then winblows mobile or whatever other half baked OS you have on there only registers it like 10 seconds later.

And why would you want to create/print a document on a phone:confused: The formatting is bad and it takes 10 times longer than on a Mac/PC. By the time you are finished typing a document, I could have driven home, fetched my Macbook Pro, driven back, typed a document that looks 100 times better than the one you just typed on your phone and emailed and printed it, with much less effort.

Nokia N series syncs seamlessly with OSX iCal/Address Book/iTunes/iPhoto just need to install a plugin but it's no biggie. even does it over Bluetooth which the iPhone doesn't do! :)

Have you personally tried EVERY other touchscreen? didn't think so... so who are you to comment about other touch screens. I've played with a friends Blackberry Storm and the touchscreen is very nice and is on par with the iPhones (well 1st Gen from when i had it).

Formatting isn't bad, it's great for picking up attachments on the go, takes 2 seconds to print over wifi to my canon printer ..... looks exactly the same as when it was created :) again don't comment until you have tried!!

And where are you driving home from? shut up and come back when you get some real arguments :P

Supa_Fly
Nov 20, 2008, 08:19 AM
Does the BB Bold have a half-touch screen? if no- then why does everybody want it? I like the Curve better.

Bold = no touchscreen. Only the Storm currently has it in the BB lineup till mid summer '09.

Why the Bold? 3G speeds!
1> Sending & receiving emails will not show anything tangible unless auto download more with 3MB attachements when you're actually viewing it.
2> Able to get emails and have phone calls at the same time! Best if you use a headset.
3> Tweaked browser - most ppl will not even notice. Only intranet/banking sites catered to use these tweaks will you see anything.
4> higher resolution!!!!
New apps coded for it will be like walking in the haze with astigmatism and putting on your glasses!

But for me - the limits of the browser, issues with browser, and the OS applications (consumer focused for now) are too limiting for me personally. Email is king on BB. But I chose the E71-2 (E71x for AT&T future owners).

dextertangocci
Nov 21, 2008, 10:18 AM
Nokia N series syncs seamlessly with OSX iCal/Address Book/iTunes/iPhoto just need to install a plugin but it's no biggie. even does it over Bluetooth which the iPhone doesn't do! :)

Have you personally tried EVERY other touchscreen? didn't think so... so who are you to comment about other touch screens. I've played with a friends Blackberry Storm and the touchscreen is very nice and is on par with the iPhones (well 1st Gen from when i had it).

Formatting isn't bad, it's great for picking up attachments on the go, takes 2 seconds to print over wifi to my canon printer ..... looks exactly the same as when it was created :) again don't comment until you have tried!!

And where are you driving home from? shut up and come back when you get some real arguments :P

I have tried other touch screens, all the major brands (HTC Diamond, Samsung Omnia, Crackberry Storm etc.) And they all suck. They all only work with a stylus, and they are dull and you have to push so hard on them for it to respond. Then wait another 5 seconds for whatever lame OS you have on there. There is absolutely no touchscreen that even compares to the iPhone's.

And sorry for not being an uber geek that likes to type documents on their cellphones:confused: Why would you want to print it, anyway? Why not email it? Probably because couldn't find the "email" command buried under all those obscure menus on winblows mobile/symbian...

MacGeekDC
Nov 21, 2008, 01:46 PM
id take that back, they have put the cover on back to front! :confused:

isights flip the picture

TomsMacBook
Nov 21, 2008, 02:00 PM
isights flip the picture
http://seiryuulostmymusic.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/facepalm.jpg

PowerFullMac
Nov 21, 2008, 02:03 PM
Protip: when being sarcastic on the Internet, use the sarcastic smily.

Supa_Fly
Nov 23, 2008, 01:19 PM

Although the OS itself "may" be superior to WM, its not delivered, nor are present applications executed this way due to the restrictions that Apple puts on OS X "Mobile". What exactly is the name of the iPhone/iPod Touch OS?

There are many many applications and uses for WM. Its based off of .NET Compact Framework v2 SP2 Preinstalled in ROM.

The following is part of 6.1 ROM without add ons:
# HTML email support in Outlook Mobile
# Search ability for contacts in an Exchange Server Address Book
# AJAX, JavaScript, and XMLDOM support on Internet Explorer Mobile
# Out of Office Replies with Microsoft Exchange 2007
# Unlicensed Mobile Access (UMA) support for select operators
# Server Search on Microsoft Exchange 2007
# .NET Compact Framework v2 SP2 Preinstalled in ROM
# Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition Preinstalled in ROM
# OneNote Mobile as a companion to Microsoft Office OneNote
# Office Mobile 6.1 announced[28] with support for Office 2007 document formats (pptx, docx, xlsx).

Most of these came to iPhone after the Microsoft Exchange/ActiveSync support. Many ppl forget this and claim the OS X for iPhone is superior yet always forget whats possible with mods or that iPhone lacked so much without ActiveSync support - and yes it was important enough and critical enough for sales if Apple decided to fork over the cash to negotiate this deal with Microsoft.

Personally, I'm NOT a fan of WM6.1 or prior versions. WM7 I'll decide after seeing reviews and what hardware its laid upon. To me, from what i've seen and experience with 4 ppls iPhone 3G's with mods or without > the iPhone offers great ease of use and shaeked the market up for innovation in this aspect - but for end user that needs more powerful use out of a smartphone (I still see the iPhone as a feature phone; copy & paste is VERY import to productive smartphone users; hopefully 2.2 offers this natively), their going to S60, WM, or even Linux; at least for now. I await the iPhones true evolution.

upsguy27
Nov 23, 2008, 02:17 PM

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x56/madjanx/IMG_4858.jpg

Ohh man, I played with the BBB in a AT&T store today, I love it! The pixel density is amazing :D Too bad I love my iPhone too :cool:

shfreelance
Nov 23, 2008, 02:21 PM
Ohh man, I played with the BBB in a AT&T store today, I love it! The pixel density is amazing :D Too bad I love my iPhone too :cool:

Buy RIMM, I may buy stock in them. Since they been low for some time, along with everything else...

About to buy 20 shares in AMD, may buy 80 more next month. There cheap at a little over a 1.60 a share... Could pay off in a year or two...

Edit: 1.82 at the moment, wait to it gets lower... 1.70 or below for me...

dextertangocci
Nov 26, 2008, 08:36 AM
Buy RIMM, I may buy stock in them. Since they been low for some time, along with everything else...

About to buy 20 shares in AMD, may buy 80 more next month. There cheap at a little over a 1.60 a share... Could pay off in a year or two...

Edit: 1.82 at the moment, wait to it gets lower... 1.70 or below for me...

I think that's risky. I'd buy shares in Apple and Intel:) But that's just me.

MacGeekDC
Nov 26, 2008, 10:04 AM
Protip: when being sarcastic on the Internet, use the sarcastic smily.

Thank you, I couldn't tell.

riscy
Nov 26, 2008, 10:37 AM

You mentioned my name, what's up?

Oh sorry, different spelling ;)

shfreelance
Nov 26, 2008, 10:59 AM

I have yet to purchase, still thinking about it... You don't think AMD will someday rise to top and overtake Intel? I would like to think someday that it will, but I think it may take them a year or two, maybe more. But none the less, I would like your input. Your no being a fanboy, because I like both companies? I owned both at one point or another (Not in stock, just there products).

dextertangocci
Nov 27, 2008, 02:41 PM
I have yet to purchase, still thinking about it... You don't think AMD will someday rise to top and overtake Intel? I would like to think someday that it will, but I think it may take them a year or two, maybe more. But none the less, I would like your input. Your no being a fanboy, because I like both companies? I owned both at one point or another (Not in stock, just there products).

I doubt it. I think Intel has the technological advantage for at least the next few years (looking at their current roadmap).

ucfgrad93
Nov 27, 2008, 05:01 PM
Just got a new one, the Motorola Q9 Global. Its ok, but not as nice as my iPhone.

iaksge
Nov 27, 2008, 05:34 PM
http://blackberrybeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/treo650i.jpg

i'm getting the iphone 3g - 16gb tommorow!

roylikeswaffles
Nov 28, 2008, 02:21 AM
http://www.cellphonenews.com/wp-content/uploads/lg_dare.jpg

got it on wednesday :)

deorg
Nov 29, 2008, 10:22 PM
sexy uh?:D

helical
Nov 30, 2008, 02:54 AM
My Keitai - Softbank 820P

http://mb.softbank.jp/mb/en/product/3g/820p/img/ttl_h1_820p.jpg

PowerFullMac
Nov 30, 2008, 02:57 AM

got it on wednesday :)

Just looking at that menu gives me a headache and makes me dizzy!

sfs244
Nov 30, 2008, 06:28 PM
My Keitai - Softbank 820P

http://mb.softbank.jp/mb/en/product/3g/820p/img/ttl_h1_820p.jpg

Hey how do you like it so far? I'm eligible for a new phone but I dont really like any of Verizon's phones more than my Krzr...but this one seems interesting

aethelbert
Nov 30, 2008, 06:49 PM
Hey how do you like it so far? I'm eligible for a new phone but I dont really like any of Verizon's phones more than my Krzr...but this one seems interesting
From the looks of it, that's a GSM phone. So unless you're in the mood for switching networks... Plus, that handset probably isn't available in the United States.

ntrsfrml
Nov 30, 2008, 10:37 PM
Sony Ericsson X1

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/4730/x11vx9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/x11vx9.jpg/1/w640.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img211/x11vx9.jpg/1/)

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/312/x12cc5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/x12cc5.jpg/1/w640.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img383/x12cc5.jpg/1/)

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/8660/x13dk2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/x13dk2.jpg/1/w640.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img383/x13dk2.jpg/1/)

helical
Nov 30, 2008, 11:00 PM
From the looks of it, that's a GSM phone. So unless you're in the mood for switching networks... Plus, that handset probably isn't available in the United States.

Correct, and infact it might be even harder to get it in the US as its a Japanese phone on the SoftBank network

As a phone, its ok. To be honest I very rarely use it, only have it because its part of my work contract that i own a mobile

roylikeswaffles
Dec 1, 2008, 01:36 AM
Just looking at that menu gives me a headache and makes me dizzy!

theres a second menu style thats straightened up and not crooked.

zblaxberg
Dec 2, 2008, 09:00 PM
Here's mine:

http://www.cartoys.com/cartoy/images/WirelessImages/blackjack2Red-lg.jpg

gibbz
Dec 2, 2008, 09:01 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3029/2604511910_2d90e6e690_o.jpg

FunkyMonkey
Dec 2, 2008, 09:04 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3029/2604511910_2d90e6e690_o.jpg

You wouldn't want to be humble would you.:p I'm not singling you out, just saying.

gentlegiantcrai
Dec 2, 2008, 09:09 PM
_

Tosser
Dec 2, 2008, 09:09 PM
LOL, it took a while to find my Nokia because I had no clue as to what the number was.

Anyway, here it is (only used for telephone interviews and as a contact phone for sources):

http://www.cellulargadget.com/pic/nokia6230.bmp

And here's my other work-cum-private phone (it's not me in the picture):

http://bp1.blogger.com/_h5hOmDEy1n4/R3YcLBqBGGI/AAAAAAAAsHY/X5uxDX9df7o/s320/sam.jpg

rpaloalto
Dec 2, 2008, 09:14 PM
Call me old fashioned. But I just like being different.
http://unclutterer.com/wp-content/uploads/mt/070927-old-cell-phone.jpg

doubleohseven
Dec 2, 2008, 11:39 PM
*bleep bleep* HelloMoto. :D love that ringtone. I have a Motorola W375 in black.

http://www.dgbay.it/images/cellulari/Motorola%20W375.jpg

jmann
Dec 2, 2008, 11:48 PM
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z263/jmann4489/Photo101.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z263/jmann4489/Photo102.jpg

ucfgrad93
Dec 3, 2008, 12:02 AM
I have a Motorola Q9 Global.

Nermal
Dec 3, 2008, 12:05 AM
Nokia 6275i (http://www.nokia-asia.com/6275i)

http://www.puhelimeni.fi/uutiset/media/nokia/20060811-Nokia-6275.jpg

me_94501
Dec 3, 2008, 11:12 PM
iPhone and Moto RAZR. I use one for work contacts, and one for friends/family.

EDIT: suppose I should remember the photo. This is the picture gallery forum, after all... :p

WallpaperPerson
Dec 5, 2008, 08:26 PM
Samsung u-340

fireshot91
Dec 5, 2008, 08:43 PM
iPhone and Moto RAZR. I use one for work contacts, and one for friends/family.

EDIT: suppose I should remember the photo. This is the picture gallery forum, after all... :p

Same combination :D Razr in Black, iPhone in..well aluminum since its first gen.

deorg
Dec 6, 2008, 09:21 AM
Call me old fashioned. But I just like being different.
http://unclutterer.com/wp-content/uploads/mt/070927-old-cell-phone.jpg

I would also call you protected, you throw that brick into someone head and kill him in a second LOL

ukmall
Dec 6, 2008, 03:28 PM
here is mine:
http://i35.tinypic.com/ao6c92.jpg

http://www.uk-mall.co.uk/images/297fa7777981f402dbba17e9f29e292d.gif

AlmostJosh
Dec 6, 2008, 04:12 PM
black 8gb 3g with nu form ;D

larapumkin
Dec 8, 2008, 07:55 PM
Red red red :p
i need a green ribbone to match up for holiday

mljones99
Dec 8, 2008, 10:02 PM
Motorola RAZR V3xx Platinum

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41SRyB1Ud7L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

puckhead193
Dec 12, 2008, 03:58 PM
Got my storm yesterday:
http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=148150&d=1229115838

me_94501
Dec 13, 2008, 11:36 PM
Got my storm yesterday:
[^^]

How's it treating you? Most of the reviews i've seen have been somewhat negative, bit I'm curious as to what you think.

deathbyart
Dec 14, 2008, 12:54 AM
How's it treating you? Most of the reviews i've seen have been somewhat negative, bit I'm curious as to what you think.

I picked one up and even though the that one was a lemon, my replacement is awesome. I cant post a pic because my only camera is on the phone.

Saikou
Jan 8, 2009, 05:25 PM
http://firekey.net/stuff/iphone.jpg

limonade
Jan 8, 2009, 06:05 PM
http://www.mobileincanada.com/store/images/phone/motorola-rokr-e8.jpg

My brother won it in a contest :) he already had a Nokia E71 so he gave it to me.

AlmostJosh
Jan 8, 2009, 06:14 PM
http://firekey.net/stuff/iphone.jpg

thats how i got my ipod touch :D

leishan
Jan 8, 2009, 08:10 PM
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z263/jmann4489/Photo101.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z263/jmann4489/Photo102.jpg

Where did you get the decals? That is too cool!

puckhead193
Jan 8, 2009, 08:21 PM

Sry, i just noticed you quoted me. its pretty good. A little slow and a few freezes but its fine.. Typing for me isn't an issue at all. I would def. recommend it if your stuck with the big red.

Saikou
Jan 8, 2009, 11:46 PM
thats how i got my ipod touch :D

Haha. The sand is just about frozen ( I live in NE ), didn't go anywhere near the speakers, sync port, or headphone jack.

Qwik
Jan 9, 2009, 04:34 PM
Andriod g1

brikeh
Jan 9, 2009, 07:27 PM
Whats with all the ugly covers on the iPhone? Kinda defeats the purpose of buying a nice looking phone if you cover it up in a purple condom no?

Oh and heres mine:

miamiracing
Jan 9, 2009, 09:04 PM
Nokia 6300

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/6157/20070407nokia6300cw7.jpg

Moto Razr Miami Ink Edition

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/6782/motorolarazrtattooxt7.jpg

mikenike192
Jan 9, 2009, 10:20 PM
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/4517/photo55ql8.jpg

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/668/photo58ux6.jpg

HTC Touch Pro for Sprint its pretty solid, I mean I would like an iphone but sprint prices are coverage are so much better in my area.

WillieG
Jan 10, 2009, 08:25 AM
Here is my 1st Generation 2G iphone.... Protected inside a contour showcase

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/5817/dsc09752kx3.jpg http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/3844/dsc09756vc3.jpg http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/5518/dsc09754he5.jpg http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/5002/dsc09755editax2.jpg

PowerFullMac
Jan 10, 2009, 08:31 AM
Mind sharing that background, WillieG?

EvanLugh
Jan 10, 2009, 08:49 AM
I should be receiving my LG Renoir on Monday
http://www.iphonekiller.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/kc910-1.jpg

bembol
Jan 11, 2009, 07:00 PM
My Bold!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/LouDiamonds/IMG_0037.jpg

TK B$K
Jan 11, 2009, 08:50 PM
Got rid of the iPhone 3G for this badboy, and damn am i happy about it!
Blackberry Storm! 9530 Unlocked For AT&T :)
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll61/kinginc44/P1110006.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll61/kinginc44/P1110001.jpg

Shotglass
Jan 12, 2009, 09:08 AM
Blackberry Storm! 9530 Unlocked For AT&T :)Wanna do a review? What put you off the iPhone?

TK B$K
Jan 12, 2009, 09:12 AM
Wanna do a review? What put you off the iPhone?

I would love to do a review! Should i post it here in the Phone thread?

Shotglass
Jan 12, 2009, 03:04 PM
I would love to do a review! Should i post it here in the Phone thread?I was thinking maybe you have a blog or something, but I'm sure posting it on here would be fine as well. Just in a separate thread.

TK B$K
Jan 12, 2009, 06:39 PM
I was thinking maybe you have a blog or something, but I'm sure posting it on here would be fine as well. Just in a separate thread.

Here we go! Full review thread an more pics!
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=6923708#post6923708

skinniezinho
Jan 13, 2009, 12:25 PM
Sharp 903:

http://www.cnet.com.au/i/r/2005/mobilephones/22053482/sc006.jpg

and

Siemens SL45
http://www.amobil.no/artikkelbilder/ur_siemens_sl45_liggende_402.jpg

In my opinion both great phones,very advanced for their time.

EvanLugh
Jan 13, 2009, 01:38 PM
I should be receiving my LG Renoir on Monday
http://www.iphonekiller.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/kc910-1.jpg

I got it and love it, the touch screen is a bit iffy once in a blue moon but it's passable. Great phone, great camera

Mario.
Jan 24, 2009, 09:20 AM
My Iphone 8gb | love it :D

I know the case is rubbish but i have to cope till my Seidio Slider comes :P

http://magicimages.net/images/jjpk8p9tha72uc3noo6_thumb.jpg (http://magicimages.net/viewer.php?file=jjpk8p9tha72uc3noo6.jpg)

http://magicimages.net/images/idj274gkxzui2vkkjt0k_thumb.jpg (http://magicimages.net/viewer.php?file=idj274gkxzui2vkkjt0k.jpg)

http://magicimages.net/images/galfwb8pq7o4ihygl9f_thumb.jpg (http://magicimages.net/viewer.php?file=galfwb8pq7o4ihygl9f.jpg)

paetrick
Jan 24, 2009, 11:20 AM
Sold my iPhone 3G to get a Phone i could take decent pics with and finally bought a N82:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3233/3005294203_d1f2cd0dc4_o.jpg

I'm really happy with it :)

WinkWink726
Jan 25, 2009, 11:33 AM
i have a sickness with phones... i'll go ga-ga over one, get it
love it for about a month and then be unhappy with it!

I went from a razr
to a sidekick 3 (right when they came out)
back to a razr
to this samsung alias
I've had the alias for a bit over 6 months maybe?
and I am still really happy with it! For now! LOL

(I also took an actual pic to show ya the skin I have on it right now)

backsidetailsli
Jan 25, 2009, 11:49 AM
Wanna do a review? What put you off the iPhone?

lol

http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll429/RobUM2011/comic.jpg

imprezu
Jan 25, 2009, 11:53 AM
Here is my phone. Samsung Epix!
http://www.itechnews.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/att-samsung-epix-sgh-i907-smartphone.jpg

acfusion29
Jan 25, 2009, 12:00 PM
lol

[snip]

Well, if you wanna play that game...

BB + sync with mac = :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

shfreelance
Jan 25, 2009, 12:11 PM
Well, if you wanna play that game...

BB + sync with mac = :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

PocketMac, why do people think you can't Sync BlackBerry with Mac?

jpk32092
Jan 25, 2009, 12:37 PM
lol

Tomorrow's mission: recording a video eh?
Let me whip out my jailbroken iPhone.. go into cycorder.. oh look at that! ;)

shfreelance
Jan 25, 2009, 01:03 PM

We are talk stock out of the box. Pocket Mac is supported by RIM and came with my BB. But I only seen it come packaged once... Usually I get it off there site.

cleanup
Jan 25, 2009, 03:47 PM

I went from a razr
to a sidekick 3 (right when they came out)
back to a razr
to this samsung alias
I've had the alias for a bit over 6 months maybe?
and I am still really happy with it! For now! LOL

(I also took an actual pic to show ya the skin I have on it right now)

Curious: why does your vinyl have a Canadian Tire logo on it? Did you make it yourself?

WinkWink726
Jan 25, 2009, 05:44 PM
LOL, just part of the design ;)

here's the co: http://www.3acp.com/3acp.htm
(they do a nice job with 'em, they fit perfectly)

I think i'm going with this one next
(I like the collage-y look)

Supa_Fly
Jan 26, 2009, 12:11 PM

Time to stop dealing with phones, and get yourself a smartphone.

lol

^ Hint the phone that masquarades as a smartphone and yet cannot copy/paste natively or manage more than 1 application simultaneously - notifications is NOT fully a running program just a service API - and forces its user to grab a pencil in the pic above or to remember is NOT a smartphone.

What you have to HACK in order to record video? Care to post an unedited video recording? I'm sure the quality is horrible with that 2mp NON LED/Xenon flash camera. Check the VGA @ 30fps video quality of recorded video from paetrick's N82 and you'll be amazed. Carl Zeiss lens, Xenon Flash. Sure paetrick sacrificed 3G but maybe its not even his coverage area anyway so WLAN will suffice.

paetrick, you may wish to upgrade to the N85 NAM for 3G on AT&T; but you'll sacrifice Xenon flash for dual LED :( - your night shots will slightly suffer; but your TVOut cable will work oh and USB charging is standard on the N85. ;)

Vogue Harper
Jan 26, 2009, 12:23 PM
I think i'm going with this one next
(I like the collage-y look)

Not sure about those skins - I would be concerned that if you set your phone down on top of a magazine or newspaper and it rings, you might not be able to readily find it in time to answer it. Nicely varnished finger nails though ;)

sn00pie
Jan 26, 2009, 12:53 PM
PocketMac, why do people think you can't Sync BlackBerry with Mac?

Yup. Works like a charm. No phone in the world could make me part with my berry :)

shfreelance
Jan 26, 2009, 01:52 PM
Yup. Works like a charm. No phone in the world could make me part with my berry :)

Only thing you need windows for is OS update, that's the only annoyance...

backsidetailsli
Jan 26, 2009, 03:46 PM
Only thing you need windows for is OS update, that's the only annoyance...

only the leaks. the officials are ota

shfreelance
Jan 26, 2009, 03:59 PM
only the leaks. the officials are ota

I can't get OS 4.5, witch is supported by RIM, with out going into Windows. Only because Sprint only supports 4.3.

Rewes
Jan 27, 2009, 09:49 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3483/3231768980_475ca41da1.jpg?v=0

My iPhone. Fun toy, lousy phone. I will keep this untill Nokia comes out with something better.

WinkWink726
Jan 27, 2009, 11:46 AM
Not sure about those skins - I would be concerned that if you set your phone down on top of a magazine or newspaper and it rings, you might not be able to readily find it in time to answer it. Nicely varnished finger nails though ;)

LOL :D, and thanks ;):p

you know, that reminds me... i used to have this pink camo thermos.... and i was in a pink forest and dropped it... never did find the damn thing! :p

Supa_Fly
Jan 27, 2009, 12:14 PM
I can't get OS 4.5, witch is supported by RIM, with out going into Windows. Only because Sprint only supports 4.3.

This part drives me insane especially now that RIM - or soon - owns that Mac plugin for BBDM. I don't use it so I don't recall the correct app name. I do support for BlackBerry - not so much the past few months so I'm behind after the first build of the Storm. I need to work with the varying BBDM's just in case I run into something odd at work that I wish to look for when I return home. Still getting used to the Mac OS X - its so different from the Puma I tried years ago.

PS to mikenike192, and other WM Pro device users ... Mozilla Fennec (FireFox mobile) browser is due in a few short days so you'll be able to kick that Windows Internet Explorer Browser for good. Opera is also sweet too - not the mini I'm refering too.

bobfitz14
Jan 28, 2009, 11:57 AM
hopefully i get it this weekend, i've been waiting for over a month now for my dad to take me to Verizon.

OllyW
Jan 28, 2009, 12:15 PM
What you have to HACK in order to record video? Care to post an unedited video recording? I'm sure the quality is horrible with that 2mp NON LED/Xenon flash camera. Check the VGA @ 30fps video quality of recorded video from paetrick's N82 and you'll be amazed. Carl Zeiss lens, Xenon Flash. Sure paetrick sacrificed 3G but maybe its not even his coverage area anyway so WLAN will suffice.

paetrick, you may wish to upgrade to the N85 NAM for 3G on AT&T; but you'll sacrifice Xenon flash for dual LED :( - your night shots will slightly suffer; but your TVOut cable will work oh and USB charging is standard on the N85. ;)

The N82 has got 3G. :confused:

Crookers
Jan 28, 2009, 04:46 PM
I have one of the pieces of junk:
http://www.itechnews.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/T-Mobile-Samsung-Blast-sgh-t729.jpg

bizzle
Jan 28, 2009, 05:32 PM
Blackberry Curve.

Emulsion
Jan 28, 2009, 05:48 PM
Whats with all the ugly covers on the iPhone? Kinda defeats the purpose of buying a nice looking phone if you cover it up in a purple condom no?

Oh and heres mine:

I was the same way until I got my iPhone. I kept it naked for about 2 weeks then got sick of every time I pull it out, or set it down, I'd have to baby it. Now I just got a thin silicone black case, and I can pretty much throw it around. And I think it personally looks, and feels better now. The back has a diamond plate design.

daneoni
Jan 29, 2009, 01:00 AM
My iPhone. Fun toy, lousy phone. I will keep this untill Nokia comes out with something better.

Ditto but with Palm Pre in my case

kockgunner
Jan 29, 2009, 01:42 AM
Blackberry Storm! 9530 Unlocked For AT&T :)
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll61/kinginc44/P1110006.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll61/kinginc44/P1110001.jpg

Haha, my prof sold his storm a week after he got it and switched to the iPhone. One student even helped him jailbreak it.

puma1552
Jan 29, 2009, 01:59 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3094/3112352379_78e19794a1.jpg?v=0

Supa_Fly
Jan 29, 2009, 10:59 AM
The N82 has got 3G. :confused:

3G for your country = England and the rest of Europe. But NOT for those of us in North/South America. We need 850/1900Mhz bands. T-Mobile USA is the exception as theirs is the AWS auction purchase and thus hardly any phones support their "unique" 3G: 1700/2100Mhz (not the same range of 2100Mhz as you guys have in Europe).

Pika
Jan 29, 2009, 05:08 PM
http://www.otterbox.com/images/products/384/1942-05.4.2.jpg

BenEndeem
Jan 30, 2009, 11:12 AM
Samsung Omnia without the case in this one.

pusman83
Feb 2, 2009, 10:29 PM
[snip]

Curse Japan and its exclusive phones!!!

cleanup
Feb 2, 2009, 11:09 PM

I'm starting to agree with the fun toy, lousy phone opinion. And I just got this thing. I don't even like it that much as an iPod. That's the only reason why I got it, so I could combine the phone and MP3 player concepts, but I really wouldn't mind carrying an iPod + a Nokia or Sony Ericsson. I'd been doing it for so many years, why stop? Phooey. Oh well.

I'm looking forward to getting a Blackberry in the future hopefully.

gadgetgirl85
Feb 3, 2009, 05:52 PM
I'm starting to agree with the fun toy, lousy phone opinion. And I just got this thing. I don't even like it that much as an iPod. That's the only reason why I got it, so I could combine the phone and MP3 player concepts, but I really wouldn't mind carrying an iPod + a Nokia or Sony Ericsson. I'd been doing it for so many years, why stop? Phooey. Oh well.

I'm looking forward to getting a Blackberry in the future hopefully.

I agree 100% about the iphone. I am going to pay out the rest of my contract and get a Nokia e71. I would have liked a blackberry bold but the plans are insane over here

Supa_Fly
Feb 3, 2009, 08:04 PM
I agree 100% about the iphone. I am going to pay out the rest of my contract and get a Nokia e71. I would have liked a blackberry bold but the plans are insane over here

You can get the E71-2 NAM for (North AMerican) 3.5G on AT&T unlocked & unbranded right now. However, you can wait a few more weeks - pay off your contract in slow amounts - and wait till AT&T's E71x gets offered. Few have leaked onto eBay already; but all gone.

Bold + Data Plans ... in the USA AT&T has unlimited plans for BIS but its still more because of the service and specific BB APN used for data on BlackBerry's. In this market, a LOT of people are & should be considering why pay for the extra data for push email and a closed IM client?! Sure the platform is easy to learn and AutoText extremely powerful; but its licensed and when other players like Nokia's S60 & upcoming Symbian-Foundation OS later next year, Android (which I currently detest), and other linux' then whats the point.

With MfE or RoadSync for Exchange server synching abilities, and Traveler v8.5 on S60 with no NOC implementation needed for push and collaboration corporations should REALLY consider BES and a huge expense UNLESS there is no competent in-house C++ coders that can pickup Carbide fast. BES' MDS is incredible for corporate intranet access and corporate applications ported to BB (those of you in tech support, imagine creating/editing/managing Remedy Tickets on your BB entirely remotely); but its still very expensive and should be considered as such when cost cutting decisions are being considered.

gadgetgirl85
Feb 3, 2009, 09:19 PM
*ahem* *points at location* :) thanks for the advice though

MattyK
Feb 3, 2009, 10:50 PM
http://www.childcarevouchers.co.uk/Style%20Library/Accor/Images/cupandstring.jpg

alleycat
Feb 3, 2009, 10:58 PM
Yes, it still works! ;) Somehow a beep doesn't trounce a bell. :D

http://i44.tinypic.com/9hndk4.jpg

Supa_Fly
Feb 4, 2009, 07:51 PM
*ahem* *points at location* :) thanks for the advice though

Oops! lol *blushes shamefully* Sorry I missed that you're in Australia.

Mario.
Feb 5, 2009, 03:40 AM
My iPhone with mirror screen protector on it:

click to enlarge photos

http://magicimages.net/images/c8tjxwosmnzp4ij3em1_thumb.jpg (http://magicimages.net/viewer.php?file=c8tjxwosmnzp4ij3em1.jpg)

http://magicimages.net/images/xucucnvin4130v8ld6sp_thumb.jpg (http://magicimages.net/viewer.php?file=xucucnvin4130v8ld6sp.jpg)

http://magicimages.net/images/39loe3nwbtofmrghq87_thumb.jpg (http://magicimages.net/viewer.php?file=39loe3nwbtofmrghq87.jpg)

http://magicimages.net/images/xmqv6v3c0mkcaywxx8pm_thumb.jpg (http://magicimages.net/viewer.php?file=xmqv6v3c0mkcaywxx8pm.jpg)

http://magicimages.net/images/r2dat0trqv2550zhywhg_thumb.jpg (http://magicimages.net/viewer.php?file=r2dat0trqv2550zhywhg.jpg)

Mario

skyrider007
Feb 7, 2009, 04:06 AM
it's a solid phone and does all the functions that i need (phone calls and text) very well. a bit too heavy though

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=156759&stc=1&d=1234001142

Vidboy10
Feb 7, 2009, 10:54 PM
i had this over a month and i love it.

Chandler Adaway
Feb 8, 2009, 01:17 AM
it's a solid phone and does all the functions that i need (phone calls and text) very well. a bit too heavy though

[IMG]brick]
That phone LOOKS really heavy. I couldn't imagine lugging that around. Might make a good weapon though. Ha.

bbbensen
Feb 8, 2009, 04:40 AM
Just got the Samsung Omnia today. Its amazing. :D

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/wp-content/phoneimages/2008/07/samsung_omnia.jpg

brikeh
Feb 9, 2009, 05:55 AM
Just got a BB Bold(they arent very common in sweden) but Im still keeping my Nokia e71 as a secondary

jashsayani
Feb 9, 2009, 07:49 AM
Using it since a year and love it !!

http://www.mozami.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/iphone.jpg

PowerFullMac
Feb 9, 2009, 11:13 AM
i had this over a month and i love it.

Lucky you! I really wish I had one of those to replace my bloody restricted iPhone 3G!!!

I have a £350 smartphone and can it copy and paste? No. Can it record video? No. Can I install programs that acutally do something useful without hacking the phone to shreds? Hell no!

Bloody thing.

Praetorian®
Feb 9, 2009, 03:26 PM
Lucky you! I really wish I had one of those to replace my bloody restricted iPhone 3G!!!

I have a £350 smartphone and can it copy and paste? No. Can it record video? No. Can I install programs that acutally do something useful without hacking the phone to shreds? Hell no!

Bloody thing.

Looks like you chose wrong phone for yourself. Why did you buy iPhone when you know you need these functions and iPhone can't make it? Or was it the present?

PowerFullMac
Feb 9, 2009, 04:42 PM
Looks like you chose wrong phone for yourself. Why did you buy iPhone when you know you need these functions and iPhone can't make it? Or was it the present?

You have a point but I at least the App Store would have some interesting stuff but no it's all to do lists, torches and fart apps. I might as well as gone to Toys 'R' Us and WHSmith and got that stuff for £5!

My next phone will run Android, simple.

At the point of writing this message, a bug sowed itself: while having the repeat option on, the iPhone skipped to the next song randomly.

mogzieee
Feb 9, 2009, 04:48 PM
Samsung Tocco F480

http://tech-lines.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/samsung-tocco-f480.jpg

lostfan916
Feb 9, 2009, 07:24 PM
My baby

http://itiz.in/cybz

BlackLight
Feb 9, 2009, 08:14 PM

[snip]

WoW...must of cost a fortune

Vogue Harper
Feb 13, 2009, 06:50 PM
My rather brilliant Nokia E71 (running Google Maps it would seem).

Whorehay
Feb 13, 2009, 07:30 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c189/WhorehaySol/IMG_3980.jpg

:) :)

cleanup
Feb 13, 2009, 07:55 PM
[^^]

Makes my iPhone look like a silly toy! :(

Supa_Fly
Feb 13, 2009, 08:38 PM
My rather brilliant Nokia E71 (running Google Maps it would seem).

GoogleMaps? Load Nokia Maps 3.0 its out - save local country maps to the Phone Memory or MicroSD and only pay for turn by turn if you want - GoogleMaps doesn't support that yet still.

Great phone - I miss mine already.

Makes my iPhone look like a silly toy! :(

Indeed! Still a little big but with 3G data & voice calls simultaneously - and that residual clock its fantastic. But will the screen last doing that daily for 8mths??

puckhead193
Feb 13, 2009, 10:13 PM
Just got the Samsung Omnia today. Its amazing. :D

why did you get the omnia over the storm?

Whorehay
Feb 13, 2009, 10:19 PM
Indeed! Still a little big but with 3G data & voice calls simultaneously - and that residual clock its fantastic. But will the screen last doing that daily for 8mths??

It's called "bedside mode." It lowers the brightness to the lowest setting when you pop the Bold into the charging pod. It's the perfect brightness because it's bright enough to be seen at night, but not bright enough to be perceptible when your eyes are closed :) However in the light, I needed to pump the brightness up or else you wouldn't be able to see it that clearly in the picture :)

I would hope the screen lasts a while :)

Mr. Giver '94
Feb 13, 2009, 10:22 PM
It's called "bedside mode." It lowers the brightness to the lowest setting when you pop the Bold into the charging pod. It's the perfect brightness because it's bright enough to be seen at night, but not bright enough to be perceptible when your eyes are closed :) However in the light, I needed to pump the brightness up or else you wouldn't be able to see it that clearly in the picture :)

I would hope the screen lasts a while :)

Stop flaunting your features in our faces!! :p JK

iPhone 3G is mine....If there is no major improvement in the next generation this will be my first and last iPhone.

alphaod
Feb 13, 2009, 11:37 PM
I got this in July of last year at the Nokia flagship store in NYC. Not really happy that I spent $480 when I could have gotten it online for like $400 :(

I think it's time to replace it as it's already more than 6 months old. I thinking I might get the N97, but I need US 3G.

yoyo5280
Feb 13, 2009, 11:41 PM
I got this in July of last year at the Nokia flagship store in NYC. Not really happy that I spent $480 when I could have gotten it online for like $400 :(

I think it's time to replace it as it's already more than 6 months old. I thinking I might get the N97, but I need US 3G.

E71? Hows the interface/camera

Screen shots look crap.

bbbensen
Feb 14, 2009, 01:46 AM
why did you get the omnia over the storm?

I was thinking of the Storm, but I didnt really like the clicking screen. Also, a few that I saw had a backlight leak surrounding the screen. It drove me crazy....

brikeh
Feb 14, 2009, 07:02 AM
Well my wife loved the Bold so I had to get her one too :D

Patdt13
Feb 14, 2009, 07:28 AM
http://compareindia.in.com/media/images/2008/jun/img_51991_nokia_6205_dark_knight.jpg

I should be getting it today:D:apple:

nusynergy
Feb 14, 2009, 08:08 AM
[snip]

What Model of BB is that?

shfreelance
Feb 14, 2009, 08:27 AM
What Model of BB is that?

BlackBerry 9000 (Bold)

bobfitz14
Feb 14, 2009, 09:50 AM
[IMG]

i wish more phones had stands/docks, i've only seen ones for the iPhone and Blackberrys, i would love one for an LG Dare.

MattyK
Feb 14, 2009, 03:43 PM
http://www.engadget.com/media/2006/05/sonyericssonnewphone.jpg

Soon to be mine. It's got most of the features of the iPhone, but without that massive storage space, But hey, it has video conferencing!

Supa_Fly
Feb 14, 2009, 05:17 PM

What? Its such a solid phone that only the BB Bold comes close to its possible features - funny that this supports both UMA/PBX on WLAN while the Bold doesn't support UMA natively in the OS - yet all the other features (including support for push email) works in almost 1/8th the size of the Bold.

This phone - E71 - is a solid phone for the price even at $480 Retail Unlocked vs the Bold's $649 (not from those that got it free on contract and selling it).

N97 will feature Triband 3G. Initial release bands support 900/1900/2100Mhz 3.5G. If you're provider in the USA supports 3G on 1900Mhz then you're good to go - TMobile users are SOL as the Euro 2100Mhz is not compatible with TMo USA's AWS 2100Mhz band.

So, Alphaod - you COULD get the N97 when its available for purchase or await the 2nd NAM version supporting 850/1900/2100Mhz - and yes its on the official developer site stating both sets of 3G bands. However its still 3months away at least - unless Nokia bumps up the timeline.

Devie
Feb 14, 2009, 05:31 PM
I has a iPhone 3G White (16GB)

I love the phone and I dont understand why so many people here are hating on the thing? I understand that its lack of customization and simple things like MMS, Copy and Paste and video record is a downer, but the phone is by far the best OS I've used, and the touch screen is brilliant. I've owned Sony Ericsson P900/P910i , Nokia Navigator, BlackBerry Pearl and those things drove me insane!

zerofiftysix
Feb 14, 2009, 05:38 PM
I have an original iPhone with 16 gigs.

BlackBerry 9000 (Bold)

I've been considering switching from my iPhone 2G 16gb to a Blackberry Bold for the features (which are standard on...cell phones in general, haha). It's a sexy phone.

alphaod
Feb 15, 2009, 12:06 AM
E71? Hows the interface/camera

Screen shots look crap.

Camera is so-so in low light; a lot worse than the E90 and the N95 I had before; of course both also cost a lot more. It's okay for casual use.

As for the interface, I tried it with encryption on; phone was unresponsive a lot. Now I just leave encryption off and the phone flies. I love the interface; of course I've been using S60 for a long time, so I'm used to it.

I don't use the switcher thingy because I don't need a work and personal profile.

What? Its such a solid phone that only the BB Bold comes close to its possible features - funny that this supports both UMA/PBX on WLAN while the Bold doesn't support UMA natively in the OS - yet all the other features (including support for push email) works in almost 1/8th the size of the Bold.

This phone - E71 - is a solid phone for the price even at $480 Retail Unlocked vs the Bold's $649 (not from those that got it free on contract and selling it).

By no means am I complaining about what this phone is deficient in any way. For a short while replaced my phones every 3-4 months, so that was suppose to be a joke.

So, Alphaod - you COULD get the N97 when its available for purchase or await the 2nd NAM version supporting 850/1900/2100Mhz - and yes its on the official developer site stating both sets of 3G bands. However its still 3months away at least - unless Nokia bumps up the timeline.

I'm buying it whenever it comes out with US capable 3G. I travel to China which doesn't have 3G so US 3G is all that really matters to me. Of course if the upcoming iPhone is nice, I might consider it, but unlocked is what I go for—I hate contracts.

iParis
Feb 15, 2009, 12:12 AM
<snip>

I should be getting it today:D:apple:

I have the silver version of that phone.
Really poor quality, IMO.
The face up screen cracked on mine, even though I dropped it face up.

CrazyScott
Feb 15, 2009, 08:49 AM
I have the Samsung instinct. The iPhone is only avaiable with Rogers and there service is terrible. As soon as telus gets the iPhone i will have one.

trekkie604
Feb 15, 2009, 05:19 PM
My Phone:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3449/3282285779_b660e41dac.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/trekkie604/3282285779/)

iTeen
Feb 15, 2009, 05:33 PM
i wish more phones had stands/docks, i've only seen ones for the iPhone and Blackberrys, i would love one for an LG Dare.
They have them.
http://www.vanmobilegear.com/images/products/detail/DareCradleDock.jpg
but its ugly.

Supa_Fly
Feb 15, 2009, 06:16 PM
I'm buying it whenever it comes out with US capable 3G. I travel to China which doesn't have 3G so US 3G is all that really matters to me. Of course if the upcoming iPhone is nice, I might consider it, but unlocked is what I go for—I hate contracts.

You may want to reconsider that.

2H 2009! Based on upcoming Symbian Foundation Open-Source OS!
12.1MP Camera - AutoFocus, Smile Detection, etc.

SE Idou!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXbOvc8WIzQ

Still very prototype, the name "Idou" not official just internal - SE is heavily emphasing this for some reason. This doesn't have a codename yet but will fall under the Entertainment Unlimited marketing focus like the W995a which is not a smartphone but impresses me just the same [aGPS, WLAN, UPnP, 8.1MP camera same software features, 3.5G for USA too - but feature phone]

Official teaser site.
http://www.sonyericsson.com/idou/

bobfitz14
Feb 15, 2009, 10:01 PM
They have them.
[IMG]
but its ugly.

yuuuuuuuuck. i forget where i saw them (probably here and searching through VZW's accessories) but Blackberry's have some nice docks.

EDIT: example of what i meant can be found in this image:
http://www.blackberrynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/100_2887.jpg

timerollson
Feb 15, 2009, 10:45 PM
I cannot wait to buy a Bold. It's so sexy.

Benguitar
Feb 16, 2009, 09:40 PM
My iPhone 3G, since I retired my original iPhone.

TK B$K
Feb 17, 2009, 11:44 PM
Justtttt got my 8900 and i love it, by far the best blackberry made to date!
Unlocked on AT&T
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll61/kinginc44/P2170026.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll61/kinginc44/P2170028.jpg

Krafty
Feb 17, 2009, 11:57 PM
Random. Taken with my D40 while sitting.
http://fledmorphine.deviantart.com/art/Bombs-111832211

Supa_Fly
Feb 19, 2009, 07:20 PM
Justtttt got my 8900 and i love it, by far the best blackberry made to date!
Unlocked on AT&T
[snip]

Bonus: No branding > increases resale value! $$. (physical branding not firmware branding which is easy to remove).

puckhead193
Feb 19, 2009, 07:37 PM
Bonus: No branding > increases resale value! $$. (physical branding not firmware branding which is easy to remove).

i think its on the back.. at least my storm as the verizon logo 'etched' in on the back on the battery cover

cleanup
Feb 19, 2009, 07:48 PM
i think its on the back.. at least my storm as the verizon logo 'etched' in on the back on the battery cover

Could be removable with some scotch tape and a sugar cube. But I'm a bit confused as to what you mean by etched.

puckhead193
Feb 19, 2009, 07:55 PM
Could be removable with some scotch tape and a sugar cube. But I'm a bit confused as to what you mean by etched.

Its sorta hard to explain...
http://bizanywhere.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/verizon-blackberry-storm-1.jpg

cleanup
Feb 19, 2009, 08:10 PM
Its sorta hard to explain...
[^^]

It's a metal back?

Yeah, outta luck.

You can probably order a spare metal back from eBay or a cellphone parts website, though! Might be worth it to raise the value of the phone!

Supa_Fly
Feb 19, 2009, 08:56 PM
It's a metal back?

Yeah, outta luck.

You can probably order a spare metal back from eBay or a cellphone parts website, though! Might be worth it to raise the value of the phone!

No sugar cube on the metal - scratch paint maybe damage the metal; so you're right.

For all your cellphone part needs
http://www.cnn.cn/shop/ - always wanted to sound like a commercial lol!

Seriously though parts are cheap and if you youtube their channel some guides on how to part down your phone to replace parts is pretty neat to watch.

backsidetailsli
Feb 20, 2009, 12:15 AM

well im now glad my storm is unbranded woo!

SilvorX
Feb 20, 2009, 12:27 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3096/3198729256_2dfd1134cf.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3411/3197878247_af81ab2ab1.jpg
I love it!

bembol
Feb 25, 2009, 02:45 PM
My BOLD with Black Bezel. Replaced it because I tried attempting a Brushed Aluminum look. :o

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/LouDiamonds/IMG_0134.jpg

Pixellated
Feb 25, 2009, 02:56 PM
My BOLD with Black Bezel. Replaced it because I tried attempting a Brushed Aluminum look. :o

[snip]

What did you use? I tried to do it with a scourer (the one with a sponge and a scratchy bit) and all I can say is: Epic Phail. :D Looking sweet with that bezel though.

Supa_Fly
Feb 26, 2009, 08:45 PM

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/LouDiamonds/IMG_0134.jpg

Held a Bold in my had for the 3rd time, really got to check settings and such - was NOT impressed. Too large - only benefit is the screen & text. Anyone that has tried reading an eBook or PDF on a PDA of old for more than 2hours will appreciate the Bold or 8900. Still the Bold has always looked old in styling already resembles the 8800 series in my mind - without the screen. I cannot wait when Nokia comes to their senses and uses the HVGA Landscape/Portrait modes in their S60 then we'll have a serious duel.

Weezy979
Mar 3, 2009, 01:24 AM
Blackberry 8130

arthursiew
Mar 3, 2009, 09:36 AM
http://goofyasians.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/helio-ocean.gif

Helio Ocean.

I'm lovin it.

yg17
Mar 3, 2009, 09:57 AM
Not like we've never seen pics of these before :rolleyes: I was just bored and had my camera out, and saw this thread and figured why not...

And no, I didn't unlock my iPhone. 3 UK is the network that AT&T says I may have the pleasure of paying $1.29/min for voice, and $20/MB for data to roam on ;)

The3nd
Mar 3, 2009, 10:43 AM
So thats how you incurred a 5000 bill in a month....

Blindfutur3
Mar 3, 2009, 11:29 AM
Should be getting the Blackberry Curve 8900 on Friday

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b330/Blind-Future/Nokia_E71.jpg?t=1236101294

yg17
Mar 3, 2009, 12:43 PM
So thats how you incurred a 5000 bill in a month....

I didn't, but that's a good way to do it ;)

I have data roaming off and have only made one minute worth of calls while over here, and sent a few texts at 50 cents a piece. I'll probably call my folks back home again for a couple more minutes, but data roaming is staying off. I hope to keep my roaming charges under $20

iMacZealot
Mar 3, 2009, 09:24 PM
^^^

Why don't you have the AT&T World Traveller discount?

Blindfutur3
Mar 6, 2009, 09:02 AM
So it's friday, and that means Blackberry Curve 8900

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b330/Blind-Future/curve.png

koobcamuk
Mar 6, 2009, 09:21 AM
I'm selling an iPhone in the marketplace. I just got an Xperia:

http://images42.fotki.com/v1379/photos/7/78171/6904191/IMG_5376-vi.jpg

Mark72501
Mar 6, 2009, 10:55 AM

[snip snip]

How are you liking the Xperia?!?!? :cool:

MacGeekDC
Mar 6, 2009, 08:17 PM
iPhone 3G complete with new(ish) case.:)

bembol
Mar 21, 2009, 04:26 AM
What did you use? I tried to do it with a scourer (the one with a sponge and a scratchy bit) and all I can say is: Epic Phail. :D Looking sweet with that bezel though.

LMAO Are you serious. I used 1000 grade Wet/Dry sand paper.

This is why I love it, I can replace each part of my BlackBerry.

brikeh
Mar 21, 2009, 04:41 AM
+1 for the bold. I love mine

Supa_Fly
Mar 22, 2009, 07:35 PM
Should be getting the Blackberry Curve 8900 on Friday

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b330/Blind-Future/Nokia_E71.jpg?t=1236101294

^ Great phone that E71, I got it myself [RM357 or E71-2 for 3G here]

Well you're going back to EDGE on the 8900, also kiss the freedom of your WLAN goodbye and browsing speeds.

So it's friday, and that means Blackberry Curve 8900

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b330/Blind-Future/curve.png

^ Good for you. Personally for my tastes I wouldn't go back to EDGE after enjoying 3.5G. Maybe you can check out my mobile server ... hosted directly on my E71, and you can check out files/access my phones camera/send me sms or files via Safari/IE/FireFox on your Mac/PC. No backend needed.

Reventon
Mar 22, 2009, 08:00 PM
I'm using a $100 pre-paid Samsung U510 from Telus. It's no iPhone sure (though I may replace it with one when the new one comes out), but it gets the job done with some features to keep me happy. (mp3, camera, internet, etc).

http://www.telusmobility.com/images/pcs/samsung_u510_handset_open.gif

Supa_Fly
Mar 22, 2009, 08:17 PM
LMAO Are you serious. I used 1000 grade Wet/Dry sand paper.

This is why I love it, I can replace each part of my BlackBerry.

You can pretty much replace each part of ANY phone with cnn parts online (OEM parts I might add) ;) Oddly enough the BB's Achilles heel is the trackball.

map1978
Mar 22, 2009, 08:34 PM
Love my Blacked Out Bold. People are always like "my bold didn't come like that" :D

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g205/map1978/DSC_0551-4.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g205/map1978/DSC_0553.jpg

Blindfutur3
Mar 22, 2009, 08:44 PM
^ Great phone that E71, I got it myself [RM357 or E71-2 for 3G here]

Well you're going back to EDGE on the 8900, also kiss the freedom of your WLAN goodbye and browsing speeds.

^ Good for you. Personally for my tastes I wouldn't go back to EDGE after enjoying 3.5G. Maybe you can check out my mobile server ... hosted directly on my E71, and you can check out files/access my phones camera/send me sms or files via Safari/IE/FireFox on your Mac/PC. No backend needed.

I don't get great signal around my area, so for the majority of my time with the E71 I was only experiencing EDGE anyway. I've also noticed the Curve's browser, on EDGE, is a lot faster than the E71 browser (Obviously if I had 3G signal the E71 would be quicker).

Really the only reason for letting the E71 go was the Symbian OS, I was just never happy with it. Far too much 'burrowing' down into settings to change things for my liking. Still, it was an excellent phone that I just can't seem to have any luck selling on eBay.

rarity
Mar 22, 2009, 08:53 PM
Sorry for the stock photo. I have a Init case in berry on my 3g.

mljones99
Mar 22, 2009, 09:51 PM
Blackberry Curve 8310 in Red

http://www.wireless.att.com/media/en_US/360s/assets/images/galleries/Blackberry_Curve8310/BLA_8310_Red_color_Front.jpg

vicious7
Mar 25, 2009, 04:28 PM
My new Storm...

AlmostJosh
Mar 25, 2009, 06:40 PM
iPhone 3g :D

Nabooly
Mar 25, 2009, 08:35 PM

Worth the $800 :D ?

usm ii
Mar 26, 2009, 06:35 AM
My BB 9000;)
http://i43.tinypic.com/29dbbtl.jpg

pilotkid
Mar 26, 2009, 09:57 PM
Ok. I'm not gonna lie, that looks sleek:D

Supa_Fly
Mar 27, 2009, 08:24 PM
I don't get great signal around my area, so for the majority of my time with the E71 I was only experiencing EDGE anyway. I've also noticed the Curve's browser, on EDGE, is a lot faster than the E71 browser (Obviously if I had 3G signal the E71 would be quicker).

Really the only reason for letting the E71 go was the Symbian OS, I was just never happy with it. Far too much 'burrowing' down into settings to change things for my liking. Still, it was an excellent phone that I just can't seem to have any luck selling on eBay.

Tip ... find a TMobile USA user ... I'm sure you'll have a buyer in no time. Also check craigslist in your local city. Browsing speeds depend on the site you're browsing ... remember Symbian/S60 in your E71 supports Flash & full HTML/xHTML/XML/JavaScript etc ... BB lacks proper xHTML and Flash support still.

BTW> going to change the provider or 3G/EDGE to just EDGE setting or Browser setup takes roughly the same amount of clicks/steps on S60 ... its just how comfortable you are with the menu. Sure on BB it supports ShortCuts to get you there quicker but they do have issues just like any other smartphone (IE today I tried to fix a 'Error 523' on an 8820. Even by RIM's tech site stated to upgrade the OS to 4.2 ... couldn't fix it but got VERY close, but after the 8820 rebooted blah!)

My new Storm...
If ONLY RIM was not trying to nickle and dime the market like Motorola (RAZR remakes in design and features through lineup) & Nokia (N95>N96>N85>N86 - I like the N86 though) ... and put 3G for NAM into the Storm I'd be using it instead of the E71.

Has RIM made the OS on the Storm stable now?
PS download and install that streaming app for your BB's ... name slips my mind; unsure if compatible with Mac OS X though.

Remember ... WES09 is May 3rd ... so some interesting things will be happening shortly after.

Benguitar
Mar 27, 2009, 09:00 PM
Edit- Never mind, so sorry for the post.

TK B$K
Mar 27, 2009, 09:40 PM
BlackBerry Curve 8900
Unlocked on AT&T :D

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll61/kinginc44/P3270031.jpghttp://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll61/kinginc44/P3270034.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll61/kinginc44/P3270035.jpg

vicious7
Mar 27, 2009, 10:30 PM
Has RIM made the OS on the Storm stable now?
PS download and install that streaming app for your BB's ... name slips my mind; unsure if compatible with Mac OS X though.

Remember ... WES09 is May 3rd ... so some interesting things will be happening shortly after.

The OS seems okay, albeit, there is some slowdown sometimes. For the most part, the Storm is very usable especially for all the emailing I do. I wish some of the menus and icons were more intuitive but I suppose I'll get used to it soon. And where the heck is the wifi?

Anyway, what streaming app are you talking about and where can I check it out?

Supa_Fly
Mar 28, 2009, 06:01 PM
The OS seems okay, albeit, there is some slowdown sometimes. For the most part, the Storm is very usable especially for all the emailing I do. I wish some of the menus and icons were more intuitive but I suppose I'll get used to it soon. And where the heck is the wifi?

Anyway, what streaming app are you talking about and where can I check it out?

The other Blackberry's, because of physical keyboard pressing menu and typing a letter - 'O' for Options - auto highlights that menu listing and clicking into the trackball selects into it > much faster. However I'm not sure if the Storm can present its keyboard during menu listing pop-ups.

That app ... called BlackBerry Unite!

Located here
http://uk.blackberry.com/services/blackberryunite/

direct download ... http://uk.blackberry.com/services/blackberryunite/#tab_tab_download

But you have to fill out the standard ... "I'm not trying to modify to sell this to enslave the world" form, but its FREE - just uses the data network when you sync calendar, stream files, or download files remotely to/from your BB.

ProwlingTiger
Mar 29, 2009, 12:07 AM
Blackberry Storm here. Photo taken at unboxing.

vicious7
Mar 29, 2009, 09:28 PM
The other Blackberry's, because of physical keyboard pressing menu and typing a letter - 'O' for Options - auto highlights that menu listing and clicking into the trackball selects into it > much faster. However I'm not sure if the Storm can present its keyboard during menu listing pop-ups.

That app ... called BlackBerry Unite!

Located here
http://uk.blackberry.com/services/blackberryunite/

direct download ... http://uk.blackberry.com/services/blackberryunite/#tab_tab_download

But you have to fill out the standard ... "I'm not trying to modify to sell this to enslave the world" form, but its FREE - just uses the data network when you sync calendar, stream files, or download files remotely to/from your BB.

Cool, thanks. I will check this out. The download is an exe file so I don't think it'll work for macs.

Skika
Mar 30, 2009, 04:33 AM
The nokia E50. Old, but still great for some needs. And ofcourse the Iphone (2g 16gb)

aerove
Mar 30, 2009, 11:31 AM
The nokia E50. Old, but still great for some needs. And ofcourse the Iphone (2g 16gb)

Loved the E50 , used to have one a while back, its sleek unlike other nokias :D

koobcamuk
Mar 30, 2009, 11:38 AM
How are you liking the Xperia?!?!? :cool:

Xperia is sleek as hell.

Worth the $800 :D ?

No. I got rid of it because I preferred my iPhone in the end.

Supa_Fly
Apr 1, 2009, 05:13 AM
Loved the E50 , used to have one a while back, its sleek unlike other nokias :D

What?!

E71 ... is THE thinnest smartphone on the market ...
http://www.geardiary.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/nokia-e71.jpg

E71 has 3G (segmented variations for global 3.5G), GPS/aGPS, WLAN, and 3.2MP camera.

until the Nokia E55 debuts in May ...
11.6mm thick (98grams) supporting 3.5G (10Mbps), GPS/aGPS, WLAN, a 3.2MP camera, AND a 3.5mm Headset Jack. This is what your E50 has grown up to.

http://www.letsgodigital.org/images/artikelen/109/e55.jpg

DoFoT9
Apr 1, 2009, 05:17 AM
What?!

E71 ... is THE thinnest smartphone on the market ...

E71 has 3G (segmented variations for global 3.5G), GPS/aGPS, WLAN, and 3.2MP camera.

11.6mm thick (98grams) supporting 3.5G (10Mbps), GPS/aGPS, WLAN, a 3.2MP camera, AND a 3.5mm Headset Jack. This is what your E50 has grown up to.

VERY cool and interesting!!! i would buy one, if and only if the lag on those things has been fixed (compared to my E65) - its almost unbearable on mine!!!

Supa_Fly
Apr 1, 2009, 11:18 PM
VERY cool and interesting!!! i would buy one, if and only if the lag on those things has been fixed (compared to my E65) - its almost unbearable on mine!!!

Lag? What lag?

1. Receiving HTML email with Nokia Messaging v1.1
2. Loading an HTML site with Flash Lite 3.0 support on that page; over 500Kb in the browser. BTW, this is on provider APN (for port 80/456/995 access)
3. Running Nokia Mobile Web Server - a mobile website DIRECTLY on my phone, accessible in Firefox, IEv7, or Safari - set with guest id/pw access and a friend taking photos over html on my phone because I was talking to him - yes I get Data & calls simultaneously on 3/3.5G - and 1st/25 pictures was of a hottie beside me on a bus. Typical blonde or brunette turned blonde and flattered until the 20th or so picture sounded off before asking me if I was pretending to talk on the phone.
4. WLAN searching constantly for WiFi AP's as the bus rides on.
5. SMS arrives during the phone call.
6. I press messaging key and instantly go to Inbox to reply.
7. MSN IM online but only occasional instant_messages coming in - bored on both sides during the 20min ride.
8. Load a new page from html email - I'm still on the phone with my buddy getting me to look like a perve with fake blonde beside me.

BONUS #9 - Hottie was pretty live after showing her that a server was running on my phone and I stopped it. I sent her 1 of the better picts of her wisking her hair over bluetooth. Her phone name: Black_Kitten, mine ... Knight Wing. Had to stop the convo there as borderline flirting would've gotten me into deep ****. Plus the fact that my son's B-Day tomorrow was on my mind. This all happned yesterday.

DoFoT9
Apr 1, 2009, 11:26 PM
Lag? What lag?

1. Receiving HTML email with Nokia Messaging v1.1
2. Loading an HTML site with Flash Lite 3.0 support on that page; over 500Kb in the browser. BTW, this is on provider APN (for port 80/456/995 access)
3. Running Nokia Mobile Web Server - a mobile website DIRECTLY on my phone, accessible in Firefox, IEv7, or Safari - set with guest id/pw access and a friend taking photos over html on my phone because I was talking to him - yes I get Data & calls simultaneously on 3/3.5G - and 1st/25 pictures was of a hottie beside me on a bus. Typical blonde or brunette turned blonde and flattered until the 20th or so picture sounded off before asking me if I was pretending to talk on the phone.
4. WLAN searching constantly for WiFi AP's as the bus rides on.
5. SMS arrives during the phone call.
6. I press messaging key and instantly go to Inbox to reply.
7. MSN IM online but only occasional instant_messages coming in - bored on both sides during the 20min ride.
8. Load a new page from html email - I'm still on the phone with my buddy getting me to look like a perve with fake blonde beside me.

BONUS #9 - Hottie was pretty live after showing her that a server was running on my phone and I stopped it. I sent her 1 of the better picts of her wisking her hair over bluetooth. Her phone name: Black_Kitten, mine ... Knight Wing. Had to stop the convo there as borderline flirting would've gotten me into deep ****. Plus the fact that my son's B-Day tomorrow was on my mind. This all happned yesterday.

wow jealous. my e65 lags like a mother!!!!!!!!!!!

wanna send me the pictures too :p hahaha kidding

Perrumpo
Apr 5, 2009, 03:40 PM
LG Chocolate that my cat enjoys chewing on.
iPhone 3G that he isn't allowed to chew on.

ib4walrus
Apr 5, 2009, 05:33 PM
Always with me

Malfoy
Apr 5, 2009, 05:39 PM
http://neveroutgunned.net/s2s/defcheap.jpg

i switch between them.

shanshor
Apr 9, 2009, 01:31 AM
I Love My Storm :D:D:D

apfhex
Apr 9, 2009, 02:03 AM
SE W810i (http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_w810-1402.php)
Well I traded that in for my iPhone last summer, and no one cares to see another boring iPhone pic, but I took this nice one with my Blueant headset and my Powerbook, so here it is anyway. :p

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=131159&d=1219374113

alphaod
Apr 9, 2009, 02:53 AM

http://www.letsgodigital.org/images/artikelen/109/e55.jpg

I'm waiting for the N97 NAM when it comes out in June. Will be getting in line to buy that!

As with the E71… it's getting old. :p

uaecasher
Apr 9, 2009, 03:01 AM
3 nokia and 1 motorola

skinniezinho
Apr 10, 2009, 04:36 PM
Just "upgraded" my beloved sharp 903sh with this:

Nokia E51
http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Sept2007/E51.jpg

Bought it used but it is as new :)