PDA

View Full Version : Analyst Pages

arn
Jun 15, 2006, 01:40 PM
Hi guys,

There's been an influx of analyst opinions recently... so we decided to try to track analyst predictions using the wiki. I had thought about a more automated system, but I think the wiki might actually be easier.

Basically, the ideal is to create a wiki page for each analyst who comes out with predictions about Apple, list their predictions, dates, and in the end if it comes true or not.

Any strong opinions on the names of the articles? I think it should be individuals rather than company names, since it seems the predictions come from individuals more consistently

Examples:

Analyst_Charles_Wolf
Charles_Wolf
Charles_Wolf_(Analyst)
Predictions_Charles_Wolf

etc...

arn

longofest
Jun 15, 2006, 01:41 PM
I'm down with the Analyst prefix, and we could have an Analyst directory page

EDIT: on second thought, the "Firstname Lastname (Analyst)" might work better for linking from the front page... flows better.

eva01
Jun 15, 2006, 02:07 PM
I prefer lastname,firstname (analyst) but thats probably because i work in the medical field in which lastname first is required

arn
Jun 15, 2006, 02:44 PM
here's a prelim one

http://guides.macrumors.com/Benjamin_Reitzes_(Analyst)

Formatting could be better. I just threw it together to link off the macrumors story.

arn

longofest
Jun 15, 2006, 03:21 PM
here's a directory page:

http://guides.macrumors.com/Analysts

macidiot
Jun 15, 2006, 04:08 PM
This is a great idea!

Don't forget Andrew Neff and, if she is still covering Apple, Laura Conigliaro.

HexMonkey
Jun 15, 2006, 07:46 PM
I agree with the current naming scheme.

Would it be worth making an Analysts category rather than using a directory page? Then we don't have to manually update it every time a new analyst is added.

arn
Jun 15, 2006, 09:12 PM
I agree with the current naming scheme.

Would it be worth making an Analysts category rather than using a directory page? Then we don't have to manually update it every time a new analyst is added.

I think that makes more sense.

arn

longofest
Jun 19, 2006, 01:24 PM
go ahead and delete that Analyst directory page

the category works