Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Hi guys,

There's been an influx of analyst opinions recently... so we decided to try to track analyst predictions using the wiki. I had thought about a more automated system, but I think the wiki might actually be easier.

Basically, the ideal is to create a wiki page for each analyst who comes out with predictions about Apple, list their predictions, dates, and in the end if it comes true or not.

Any strong opinions on the names of the articles? I think it should be individuals rather than company names, since it seems the predictions come from individuals more consistently

Examples:

Analyst_Charles_Wolf
Charles_Wolf
Charles_Wolf_(Analyst)
Predictions_Charles_Wolf

etc...

arn

longofest

Editor emeritus
Jul 10, 2003
Falls Church, VA
I'm down with the Analyst prefix, and we could have an Analyst directory page

EDIT: on second thought, the "Firstname Lastname (Analyst)" might work better for linking from the front page... flows better.

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
I prefer lastname,firstname (analyst) but thats probably because i work in the medical field in which lastname first is required

macidiot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2002
This is a great idea!

Don't forget Andrew Neff and, if she is still covering Apple, Laura Conigliaro.

HexMonkey

Administrator emeritus
Feb 5, 2004
New Zealand
I agree with the current naming scheme.

Would it be worth making an Analysts category rather than using a directory page? Then we don't have to manually update it every time a new analyst is added.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
HexMonkey said:
I agree with the current naming scheme.

Would it be worth making an Analysts category rather than using a directory page? Then we don't have to manually update it every time a new analyst is added.

I think that makes more sense.

arn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.