PDA

View Full Version : Some people are just plain rude...

macOSX-tastic
Jun 17, 2006, 09:20 PM
hi guys.

so, here is the deal....

me and my mates went on a trip to NEMA (nottingham east mids airport) for some great aviation photography:p , inspired by the hot and sunny day. got loads of great aircraft closups as you can get real close to the taxiway there.

however, upon return home, we were going through 700 or so pics on my powerbook, revieing the day's performance in fullscreen.

this is where we found this image, taken by me:

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g155/Sam68040/IMG_1484.jpg

and upon further croppage and inspection:

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g155/Sam68040/rude.jpg

we were all like :eek: and were laughing for about ten minutes! a couple of my mates were trying to get waves (with some success) from the pilot, but this made our day. how rude! :D:D:D i only wish i could have seen him / her, and not just their hand. if he/she is a mac user and has flown easyjet today, and posts on these forums, please step forward :D

anyone ever come across abstract swearing or other things like this before?

S

Electro Funk
Jun 17, 2006, 09:34 PM
lol... that gave me a chuckle....

Chundles
Jun 17, 2006, 09:38 PM
Haha!!

I love it.

Cheese
Jun 17, 2006, 10:04 PM
I nominate this one as picture of the week. Really funny. I am wondering if the forward cabin seats are facing the rear on easyjet. The image appears to be of someone's left hand. AND I am drinking PBR, (wishing for a pint of Stella) so what do I know...

But your
pic is great fun...

NickElls
Jun 17, 2006, 10:19 PM
Bwahaha. That's funny. I wonder if he somehow knew you were taking a picture?

Hoef
Jun 17, 2006, 10:29 PM
if he/she is a mac user and has flown easyjet today, and posts on these forums, please step forward :D

Yeah, it was me, I just hate it when those pesky photographers spoil the view :p

Nice photo!

Felldownthewell
Jun 17, 2006, 10:44 PM
That persons lucky they didn't do that in the US! Any sort of movement beyond walking is enough to get you tasered. Then shot. Then brought back to life, tasered again and then taken to jail.

Funny though! I may try this on my way accross the pond on Monday...

Chip NoVaMac
Jun 17, 2006, 10:46 PM
I nominate this one as picture of the week. Really funny.

I agree. When this image was posted in the Picture of the Day thread, I gave it high marks.

Counterfit
Jun 17, 2006, 11:02 PM
Next time I'm waiting at my local MBTA Commuter Rail station, and an Acela goes by, I'm going to flip it off. :D

Deepdale
Jun 18, 2006, 03:54 AM
At least it came from a passenger, not those up in the cockpit. :)

count chocula
Jun 18, 2006, 03:21 PM
some people.... oh well, good for a laugh

macg4
Jun 18, 2006, 03:58 PM
lol.............figures :D

iBrow
Jun 18, 2006, 04:05 PM
Brilliant! :D Thanks for sharing.

iGary
Jun 18, 2006, 04:08 PM
You should put it up on Airliners.net. ;)

kildraik
Jun 18, 2006, 04:40 PM
Why do you think he did that? I wonder if he disagreed with the airliners slogan, "The web's favourite airline" :p

macOSX-tastic
Jun 18, 2006, 05:35 PM

i was planning to, this and some other photos... they are extremely picky (no successes yet:(), but maybe i will give the screeners a laugh:D

S

buffalo
Jun 18, 2006, 10:17 PM
Where were you shooting from?

macOSX-tastic
Jun 19, 2006, 07:11 AM
if you follow the perimeter fence round clockwise from the end of runway 27 (the end of the runway is sort of near the business park, and you walk towards the business park) you find a small hill which you can stand on....useful for photography because it raises you above the fence. a great spot! its about 10 feet from the fence itself, and about 60 feet from the taxiway.

S

skoker
Jun 19, 2006, 12:13 PM

Done: http://www.airliners.net/discussions/general_aviation/read.main/2833727/

pink-pony115
Jun 27, 2006, 08:11 AM
that just made my day. :D I wonder if they knew.

Chip NoVaMac
Jun 28, 2006, 10:36 PM

Congrats!

As an airplane spotter in my younger days, I wonder if your vantage point would have brought attention of the likes of the FBI here in the US?

Platform
Jun 28, 2006, 10:53 PM

Hehe, this was a great catch :D

macOSX-tastic
Jun 29, 2006, 06:17 PM
Congrats!

As an airplane spotter in my younger days, I wonder if your vantage point would have brought attention of the likes of the FBI here in the US?

you do see security patrol cars whizzing by every 15 mins or so...when we first started going they were a little jumpy but i kind of get the feeling that they know us now...i hope:D

we havent encountered any problems.....the airport management has designated the area as a public footpath, and had promoted it as such. its quite a friendly airport really. at heathrow there's few good vantage points and you can get asked to move very quickly if you arent careful....

S

iGary
Jun 29, 2006, 06:27 PM
Congrats!

Unless you are on the grounds, they really don't care.

skoker
Jun 29, 2006, 08:18 PM
Here in Buffalo, there's an abandoned restaurant (Flying Tigers) that's world-renound for being an excellent spotting location. I go there a lot, and have never been hassled by the police.

Chip NoVaMac
Jun 29, 2006, 09:24 PM
Unless you are on the grounds, they really don't care.

I have just heard some horror stories about photographing down at Gravely's Point at the northern end of runway 19 since 9-11.

After visiting London, I wish we had the British sensibility about security and civil liberties.