Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
Hi there!

Maybe in the Community area, we could have an under 18s section as there seems to be quite a lot of people in this section.

As one of those people, I can see how it's very different for me and others like me when compared to those who can afford more than one mac/homes/cars.

Maybe this would be a good place for like minded people to think about like minded ideas?

Just a little suggestion! :)

skoker

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2005
Killyp said:
Hi there!

Maybe in the Community area, we could have an under 18s section as there seems to be quite a lot of people in this section.

As one of those people, I can see how it's very different for me and others like me when compared to those who can afford more than one mac/homes/cars.

Maybe this would be a good place for like minded people to think about like minded ideas?

Just a little suggestion! :)

It's a good idea, but some might see it as a security hazard (it would point out the youngin's to child molesters and such.)

Or I could be wrong.

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
It's pretty obvious when someone is a child malester. The conversations will usually go something like this:

Gary_G: Who lives near Lituania National Prison?

Killyp: Me

Gary_G: I love macs! Do you want to get together?

Killyp: Yeah sure! When/were?

Gary_G: How about 1 in the morning behind the bike shed?

Killyp: Sure! What shall I bring?

Gary_G: some form of contraception or a chopped off finger of a glove.

Killyp: okay!

Gary_G: Oh yes and don't bring your mobile phone or tell any of your friends/family.

It's pretty obvious when something like that happens. I am on plenty of forums which have under an 18s section (one forum is all people my age anyway).

It works very well and most of us are clever enough not to meet up. Those who are stupid are ruled out by natural selection pretty quickly if they start meeting up with old men...

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
I don't think this is all that needed. I don't see where trouble may come in. I have been at this site for a while and have not noticed any sort of serious age problems with the site.

L

Lau

I dunno, most of the time I feel like there should be an over-18s forum for those of us who can't afford the same amount of stuff as the under 18s...:p

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
I can't afford half the things I buy, but I still buy them...

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
Killyp said:
I can't afford half the things I buy, but I still buy them...

ah there is a difference between the under 18 and over 18. I don't buy the things i can't afford, nor half the things i can afford (still wishing i bought a 320GB SATA drive on clearance for 99 dollars)

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Killyp said:

If you look at some posts and threads here, some under 18 yo's make us older and "wealthier" people blush.

So your idea, while good, doesn't hold water IMO.

In the end I have loved learning from all here on MR, regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, or sexual preference (did I leave anything out? :) )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.