PDA

View Full Version : no new iPods for some time to come; bad evidence!

webwolf
Feb 27, 2003, 09:39 AM
As mentioned in an other thread there has been a small change that's worth mentioning:

On all Apple Store sites the reason for the 5GB being unavailable was changed from "holiday demand" to "Due to significant demand".

Now do you think Apple would go through this effort if they were releasing new models soon? They would have to change the sites again. I'm SURE that means: no new iPods for another month.

sorry pals.
:(

Jaykay
Feb 27, 2003, 10:02 AM
I think people really look into this way too much, it could have changed for a number of reasons....

Bear
Feb 27, 2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by webwolf
As mentioned in an other thread there has been a small change that's worth mentioning:

On all Apple Store sites the reason for the 5GB being unavailable was changed from "holiday demand" to "Due to significant demand".

Now do you think Apple would go through this effort if they were releasing new models soon? They would have to change the sites again. I'm SURE that means: no new iPods for another month.

sorry pals.
:(
I guess they realized they were out of holidays to blame the shortage on.

My best guess is that one morning we'll see the new iPods listed and it won't be a morning that anybody predicted. And it could come at any time in the next month or so.

g30ffr3y
Feb 27, 2003, 10:26 AM
i would get a 20 but unfortuantely my music collection has grown to well over that so wait i continue to do... anyway the new gameboy advance comes out next month so thatll be my cool gadget for a while... plus im looking to pick up a newton so maybe ill have more money to spend if i dont have to spend it on an ipod for a while...

daniel77
Feb 28, 2003, 05:52 PM
how is it possible to have over 20 gigs of music? honestly u people need to get out more. course i have 20 gigs, just not of music. :D movies...music..software.. :D :D

Kwyjibo
Feb 28, 2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by webwolf
They would have to change the sites again. I'm SURE that means: no new iPods for another month.[/B]

what are you smoking? I'm sure apple has a whole web staff like many companies. Its not like changing their webiste is an impetus against to release new products, if they want to release a new iPod they will change the site accordindingly and it should not be considered a factor. I'm thinking that they have drained the supply for a reason or they can't find a good supplier for the 5gb drives.