PDA

View Full Version : Reconnect Network Drives On Login?

purelithium
Jun 21, 2006, 08:19 PM
How do I tell OSX to re-mount samba shares when I log in? I hate having to re-connect all my shares when I start my computer(I have 10 shares, so it's really frustrating).

Is there a file I can manually configure this like an fstab in Linux?

Thanks a crapload!

x86
Jun 21, 2006, 08:27 PM
Go into the system preferences and then to the account screen. Under your name it should give you a list of things that startup with your computer. Just drag your shares into this list and you should be all set!

purelithium
Jun 21, 2006, 08:50 PM
Wow, that was a lot simpler than I expected. Maybe I should start expecting simple solutions like that with Apple products.

AlexanderOnline
Jun 22, 2006, 12:41 AM
Nice :) didn't know how to do that. But another problem, how do you reconnect the shares after your mac wakes up from sleep, then the share are disconnected...

rockstarjoe
Jun 22, 2006, 08:05 AM
Nice :) didn't know how to do that. But another problem, how do you reconnect the shares after your mac wakes up from sleep, then the share are disconnected...

I have been trying to figure this one out too, and I have not been able to find a great answer. However, here is a nice workaround that I have tried:

1) Connect to all of your shares so they appear on your desktop
2) Open Automater and choose Finder as your application.
3) Tell it to Get Servers and in the selection box drag the shares from your desktop to the box (or if that doesn't work, click the plus (+) button and manually select the shares.
4) Tell Automater to Connect to servers as the second step.

Save this as an application and drag it to your dock. Now with one click you should be able to reconnect to all of your shared drives.

Let's hope this gets fixed by apple eventually...

AlexanderOnline
Jun 23, 2006, 10:20 AM
Thanks, i'll try that :)

AlexanderOnline
Jun 26, 2006, 10:27 AM
I think i do something wrong, it don't get it working. Could you make a screenshot of the situation (before saving) for me? Thanks a lot

pjdaoust
Jan 7, 2010, 10:19 AM
Apparently Mac OS 10.2.8 is different than the newer OS's. Does this 10.2.8 version have the same option, but done another way ?

PJD