Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daedelgt

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
I just got off the phone with an apple rep asking about a more firm order date, and she happened to say that they have 22,000 orders for "the base model alone". She didn't say what she meant specifically, but that seems like a large amount to me. :rolleyes:

Who knows. She also said that they are hoping to ship in the middle of next month now. 2 weeks! :D

timbloom

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2002
Re: 22,000 17" PBG4s?

Originally posted by daedelgt
I just got off the phone with an apple rep asking about a more firm order date, and she happened to say that they have 22,000 orders for "the base model alone". She didn't say what she meant specifically, but that seems like a large amount to me. :rolleyes:

Who knows. She also said that they are hoping to ship in the middle of next month now. 2 weeks! :D

I am sure most of those orders are bulk orders from distributors such as Ingram Micro, CompUsa.. and such. That is quite a hefty amount, way to go Apple for making another lustful product. But they need to get on the ball with their production, this always seems to happen with Apple and cool products.

MacFan25

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2003
USA
Re: 22,000 17" PBG4s?

Originally posted by daedelgt
she happened to say that they have 22,000 orders for "the base model alone".

Good to see that Apple has so many orders for the new PBs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.