Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jal002

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2006
I just switched from a Pc because of Bootcamp because my only excuse for not going to mac was Autocad. I just installed bootcamp with a few difficulties such as the firmware thing and some disc fixing in the mac OS. Then, I installed Windows and started having problemas since the beginning. After the installation I saw on My PC that there was a camera icon that I thought that it was the I Sight, then when I clicked it it just gave me a blue screen with an error, and after that the keyword and the mouse stopped working, even after I booted. ( I was installing the drivers by then).
After that I had to reinstalled Windows and after that It seems to be working perfectly. I installed Autocad 2006, and the windows seems to be working perfectly until I has this few problemas that are making me thinking to switch to parallels:

- When I try to change the light intensity of the screen the computers goes black, and freezes.
-The laptop keeps on going off, even if I dont do anything
-Gave me a bluescreen when I started windows ( happendes Once)

MacOSX works great, I dont know if there is a problem with the drivers (which few of the hardware didnt where approved by the digital thing in de installation of the mac drivers).

I know its not a virus for sure, so what can I do.....

doublem9876

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2006
Wow, you're the only who has had the exact same experience as me. The "Blue Screen of Death" happened to me a couple times, actually before I ever noticed the camera icon. Then, one day, XP started up fine. When I was going the hard drive, I came upon the USB Camera icon. Naturally, I was curious, and clicked it. Lo and Behold, the Blue Screen of Death came up again.

The only thing I can tell you is that it'll all be sorted out by the time Leopard rolls around.

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
doublem9876 said:
Wow, you're the only who has had the exact same experience as me. The "Blue Screen of Death" happened to me a couple times, actually before I ever noticed the camera icon. Then, one day, XP started up fine. When I was going the hard drive, I came upon the USB Camera icon. Naturally, I was curious, and clicked it. Lo and Behold, the Blue Screen of Death came up again.

The only thing I can tell you is that it'll all be sorted out by the time Leopard rolls around.

I'm wondering if we're going to have to back up our stuff from our Windows partition when Leopard comes out. I have a feeling that when the official thing comes out, there's going to be some conflicts. I don't know, call it forshadowing. :rolleyes:

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
Gents,

Prevent the BSOD by disabling all the unknown devices in Device Manager. It will save you a ton of headaches. For me, Skype was trying to access my camera and blue screening every time I booted...Can't take credit for this tip, read it somewhere else on this site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.