Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
I'm trying to install Boot Camp at the moment, and when I run the app in utilities, it simply says my firmware isn't up to date. I've always updated all my software as soon as it's released, and neither software update or SMC firmware update will give me newer versions, I'm up to date! What do I do?!?

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
Thanks! That's worked BRILLIANTLY. Unfortunately then I had to do disk repair as it said it found problems on the disk. That worked fine, but now one of those versions of windows (the ones we aren't allowed to mention here) didn't work, so I'll have to get the full £158 version :mad:

Oh well, I just watched Dr Who (could it have been the best episode ever? I think so!!!) after a beer so I'm in a slightly good mood! Time to tidy up the cables under my desk, they won't get done at any time unless my judgement (and therfore priority list) is slightly wierd... :cool:

pincho

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2006
Sydney, Australia
hahah well hope it helped. that version of windows did no good for me either, wouldnt allow me to upgrade to service pack 2. anyways got the proper version and its worked fine :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.