Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 28, 2004
So about four months ago I purchased the 1 GB nano at my local CompUSA in Michigan. I went into the store wanting to buy a 1 GB Shuffle, but they claimed that it had been discontinued and that the 1 GB nano replaced the Shuffle. So a couple days ago I was in an interview at the CompUSA on 5th Ave. (in NYC) and the guy asked me to name some products by Apple. I started off giving specs on the Shuffle and was about to talk about the nano, when he interrupted and told me, "shuffles were discontinued along time ago, Apple doesn't make those anymore". So then I replied, "How come Apple still sells the Shuffle brand new on their website?" He says, "They are just getting rid of their stock." I am so confused, if Apple discontinued making the Shuffle over four months ago, then how in the world can they still be selling them with the way they have been known to fly off the shelves? So either:

A. CompUSA has some big conspiracy that is trying to kill the Shuffle
B. CompUSA doesn't do their homework
C. Apple did discontinue making the Shuffle four months ago and I never got that memo
D. I uncovered a secret (I sure hope not, because then I would have heard about it 4 months ago)

Someone please explain why the world has gone mad? :rolleyes:

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
corywoolf said:
So either:

A. CompUSA has some big conspiracy that is trying to kill the Shuffle
B. CompUSA doesn't do their homework
C. Apple did discontinued making the Shuffle four months ago and I never got that memo
D. I uncovered a secret (I sure hope not, because then I would have heard about it 4 months ago)

I'm voting for B! :D

Pistol Pete

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2005
California
wmmk said:
seconded. i hate stores that sell apple products but really are just pc heads!

i hate that the most...

especially when they are always running vpc or bootcamp on the macs and not the actual os...now thats bad.

luckylisp

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2006
NY state
I also recently heard the shuffles would be coming out in black too, and were shorter, so who knows really. I wouldn't be surprised either way.

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 28, 2004
luckylisp said:
There was actually a thread about this here:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/202318/

Except that was a rumor, I am saying that CompUSA claims Apple has officially stopped making the Shuffle months ago. Sad thing is... I am probably going to work for them. I took the drug test and am probably going to start training sometime next week. :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused: :eek:

I know... I'm such a sell out. I went to an interview last week at the 5th Ave. Apple Store and it went well. But I don"t think I am qualified enough to work there. Eh, I am just crossing my fingers, hoping that Apple gives me a call this week. I would ditch CompUSA in a second for them.

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
It is B. Especially since a friend of mine just ordered 1000 from Apple. They are low in stock in many stores, but I suspect that it is due to them working on an update.

TEG

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
TEG said:
It is B. Especially since a friend of mine just ordered 1000 from Apple. They are low in stock in many stores, but I suspect that it is due to them working on an update.

TEG

1000 iPod shuffles?? For who?

imacintel

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2006
luckylisp said:
I also recently heard the shuffles would be coming out in black too, and were shorter, so who knows really. I wouldn't be surprised either way.

The iPod midget?:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.