PDA

View Full Version : TiBook Battery Choices?

withnail
Feb 28, 2003, 03:26 PM
I am looking to buy a second battery for a TiBook 1GHz, and according to Apple, the part number for this is M8244G/B. However, CompUSA (both locally and on the web) only carries the M8244G/A, which I believe is for older PowerBooks. The Apple knowledge base article 16168 says the "B" version is 3.9 Ampere Hours, while the "A" version is only 3.6.

Despite what the guy at the CompUSA Apple Store says, is it safe to assume that the "A" version is in fact NOT the one I need for my TiBook? That's sure the impression that the Apple web site gives me...but then again, it would seem strange for CompUSA not to even carry the battery for the 1GHz since they sell it...

Thanks,
joe

Foucault
Feb 28, 2003, 03:39 PM
I'm never surprised to see how retarded some of these retailers are. Just because they carry the 1Ghz Powerbook doesn't necessarily mean they carry all the accessories for it. It's their buyer's fault....

CompUSA is one giant bloodsucking corporation. Buy online...

yzedf
Feb 28, 2003, 04:08 PM
http://www.macmall.com/macmall/shop/detail.asp?dpno=354862&options=T

withnail
Feb 28, 2003, 06:15 PM
CompUSA is one giant bloodsucking corporation. Buy online...

Yeah, them's my thoughts too... I'll just buy it from the Apple Store nearby. Same price as MacMall and instant gratification! Thanks.