Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ajmbc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 29, 2003
Louisiana
Where do you think Apple gets their ideas for products and os'es? Product designers, i'm sure, but don't you think they come onto discussion forums like this one to look for ideas that will please consumers?

Don't flame me.:)

=ajmbc=

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
Re: Ideas for Apple

Originally posted by Ajmbc
Where do you think Apple gets their ideas for products and os'es? Product designers, i'm sure, but don't you think they come onto discussion forums like this one to look for ideas that will please consumers?
1. Steve Jobs
2. Everyone on the Board of Directors
3. Jonathan Ive
4. Everyone else at apple :)
I bet steve just randomly thinks of things to make and manufacture.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
MR is pretty good about not flaming people :)

i think it's obvious apple has monitored websites in the past and used them as a source of passive feedback... a lot of really good ideas that show up on websites eventually make it to an update or something.

example: apple didn't see tabbed browsing as important enough to include in the original beta Safari, or at least not important enough to delay it's release; yet now that there's been huge outcry on these sites we're seeing tabbed browsing in v62.

i think for the most part, they rely on employees, but there's probably a very small network of testers out there that get to make feedback.

what i wouldn't give to be the bug in steve jobs ear...

pnw

beatle888

macrumors 68000
Feb 3, 2002
i agree that apple browses the rumor boards. i think steve even mentioned the rumor sites in his last keynote. but as far as safari....well, i sorta think they had that in mind the whole time. their to progressive to not include tabbed browsing. i cant wait for that feature.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.