PDA

View Full Version : 12" PowerBook closeout deals?

tekmoe
Jun 27, 2006, 06:59 AM
I know, I know...it's outdated, old, and the Intels are much faster. Well, I don't care about all that because what I need it for does not require much speed. Plus, I have a G5 PowerMac with a 24" Dell screen so anything I need to do that requires power is already taken care of.

I've shopped around but the only best deal I can find is MacMall for $1,349 after $100 MIR. I would hardly call that a deal for something that is discontinued.

Anyone know of anywhere else I could check?

Thanks.

Acehigh
Jun 27, 2006, 07:46 AM
I know, I know...it's outdated, old, and the Intels are much faster. Well, I don't care about all that because what I need it for does not require much speed. Plus, I have a G5 PowerMac with a 24" Dell screen so anything I need to do that requires power is already taken care of.

Not sure how many are left when they did the switch, but did not see any laptops at Costco (had Mac Mini & Imac G5). So they probably sold most of them. Since they switch out the Imac & Mac Mini first they had extras. Probably wanted till supply was low to put other the MB & MBP

I've shopped around but the only best deal I can find is MacMall for $1,349 after $100 MIR. I would hardly call that a deal for something that is discontinued.

Anyone know of anywhere else I could check?

Thanks.

They probably do not have many left, that is why the price is 1350. I doubt you will see them for cheaper then the White Superdrive Macbook with discount 1199. People still like that 12" powerbook. If a 12" MB or MBP would of came out they willl lower.

But you Apple Certified Refurbished Products
$1200
Refurbished PowerBook 12-inch 1.5GHz SuperDrive
512MB DDR333 SDRAM
80GB Hard Drive
NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 (64MB DDR)
AirPort Extreme
Bluetooth 2.0 + Enhanced Data Rates
Learn More
• Save 30% off the original price

SuperSnake2012
Jun 27, 2006, 01:27 PM
With that kind of money you already broken into the midrange Macbook models. Unless you are really enamored by the aluminum body, get the Macbook instead! :eek:

celebrian23
Jun 27, 2006, 01:37 PM
You won't get a new one for cheap. Used ones are your only cheap option.

tekmoe
Jun 27, 2006, 01:58 PM
You won't get a new one for cheap. Used ones are your only cheap option.

slowly beginning to realize that...

thanks anyways guys.

sk1985
Jun 27, 2006, 08:59 PM
compusa usually has crazy Apple blowout deals. You need to watch out for them though.