PDA

View Full Version : Phoner

bidge
Mar 1, 2003, 01:24 PM
not a new app, but I like the idea of this one,

What I really want to know is if you coul control your modem with Applescript and how you would do so, thus in Addressbook you could just click dial and it would dial their number.

Applescript users please help

http://versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=16926&db=mac

jethroted
Mar 2, 2003, 12:58 PM
Why would you want to do that? are you going to talk on the phone on your mac?

alset
Mar 2, 2003, 01:09 PM
I assume this could be done with ZTerm and some scripting. That seems to me like the easiest way.

Dan

cryptochrome
Mar 3, 2003, 04:56 PM
Well the link is down...

But seeing as how multiple devices can be on a single phone line (i.e. a modem and a regular phone) yet many people keep phone numbers on their address book, why not just have a simple script that activates the modem, dials the number, and hangs up - while you are holding the handset. Dead simple. Saves you the trouble of dialing. Just configure so it knows the proper dialing procedure for any given LD or local number.

zarathustra
Mar 3, 2003, 07:18 PM
... or you can use a BlueTooth phone, and dial from the Address Book directly. I am actually doing this. Just click a number, it asks whether i want to call or send SMS. The cool part is, it also recognizes incoming phone calls and SMS messages.

It shows who is calling, how many times the phone rang, and if I want to answer or send the caller to my voicemail. When I get SMS it behaves similarly.

It's sweet...

evoluzione
Mar 3, 2003, 08:43 PM
sounds like what you can do with Now-Up-To-Date Contact. You can just click on an icon next to the contact's phone number and it dials it on the modem...