Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

igmolinav

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
Hello,

I wanted to wish you all a very nice summer before going ahead to ask my question : ) !!!

One of the nicest features that my ibook G4 has, is that it can "burn" or transfer the information of a music CD to the hard disc. As the music becomes part of the hard disc, one can access it via i-tunes.

That is really cool, I mean, I don´t have to stick a CD in the slot, every time I want to listen to it. The ibook has already copied the information.

However, I have noticed lately that music has taken up quite a bit of space in my hard disc. So, I thought that perhaps I could burn some of the music of the hard disc into a few DVD´s.

My intention is to listen to the music from the DVD without having to take up space from the hard disc. I want to stick the DVD into the ibook and have the computer "read and play" the DVD but without having to copy the information of the CD to the hard disc.

Is it really possible to listen to the music from a DVD without having to copy the information to the hard disc ??? I mean, I want to avoid transferring the 4.7 GB from the DVD to the hard disc. Will it be too noisy to do it from the DVD ???

Thank you very much, all the best,

Ignacio.
igmolinav

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.