Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scem0

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
Hello my fine MacRumors folks. I've got a question:

I have no feeling in my nipples. Well, no more feeling than I do on my forearm or on my shoulder. It doesn't feel good or bad to have my nipples touched/tweaked/whatever. Am I missing out on something nice?

If I got my nipples pierced for, say, a year, would they retain a heightened sensitivity indefinitely? Would that sensitivity go away as soon as I let my piercings close up?

I don't like piercings much, and regularly I'd never get one. But if wearing 2 nipple rings for a year will allow me sensitivity for life, then I'd be willing to do it.

e

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
scem0 said:
I don't like piercings much, and regularly I'd never get one.

I think thats the most important sense in everything you said. If you don't like them other places I don't think you're going to like them on the nips.

I guess a general question here ... I've only heard of this increase sensitvity in females ... but I've never looked into or asked about it for males. I would also mention that well I've never met a girl that I wouldn't call "a tad crazy" with pierced nips.

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
scem0 said:
If I got my nipples pierced for, say, a year, would they retain a heightened sensitivity indefinitely? Would that sensitivity go away as soon as I let my piercings close up?

I got mine done in 2004 and they are far more sensetive than they were before. I don't know how they would fare if they were to close up since I have no intention of taking them out anytime soon. Hell, I'm getting them done a second time soon if they'll fit. :D

Kwyjibo said:
I would also mention that well I've never met a girl that I wouldn't call "a tad crazy" with pierced nips.

*curtseys*

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
Kwyjibo said:
I guess a general question here ... I've only heard of this increase sensitvity in females ...
I've heard it does for men, too. Why wouldn't it?

But I think you might get the same effect using nipple clamps if you don't really like piercings. Check it out. I'm not really sure.

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
gekko513 said:
But I think you might get the same effect using nipple clamps if you don't really like piercings. Check it out. I'm not really sure.

Snakebite kits too. The suction thingie in them expands them a bit and hightens their sensitivity even moreso. They have them all over the Castro here.

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
Yeah I've had one pierced nipple for about 5 years now and yes, it does increase sensitivity.

As far as bedroom play goes I'd high recommend it :)

cycocelica

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
Redmond, WA

Attachments

• fc67bc5d.gif
    fc67bc5d.gif
    27.6 KB · Views: 255

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
vniow said:
Snakebite kits too. The suction thingie in them expands them a bit and hightens their sensitivity even moreso. They have them all over the Castro here.
Just don't use them too much if you go for such kits, scem0. It looks ridiculous with humongous nipples on men, in my opinion. :p

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
gekko513 said:
I've heard it does for men, too. Why wouldn't it?

I'm making major generalizations here based on only information I've come in contact with ...

it just seems in general women start out more sensitive. If theres a ceiling on the increase ... well going from 20 to 40 is way better than going from scem0's 0 to 20 probably, then again 20 might be amazing if you had 0 before. I would imagine the only way to really answer this is to find a good set of males with pierced nips.

Sutekidane

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2005
hehe, my nipples are very sensitive but I don't think they're big enough to pierce easily... hehe... just sharing

someguy

macrumors 68020
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
celebrian23 said:
I'm glad we're getting personal now :p
I like to be spanked... :eek:

Seriously, though, I don't think I could stand getting my nipples pierced. I'm no wimp, but that would hurt like hell! I could only imagine that this would fix any sensitivity issues the OP may have in that area.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
scem0 said:
Hello my fine MacRumors folks. I've got a question:

I have no feeling in my nipples. Well, no more feeling than I do on my forearm or on my shoulder. It doesn't feel good or bad to have my nipples touched/tweaked/whatever. Am I missing out on something nice?

I don't like piercings much, and regularly I'd never get one. But if wearing 2 nipple rings for a year will allow me sensitivity for life, then I'd be willing to do it.

e

You can't feel titty twisters? Don't complain :D

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
Sutekidane said:
hehe, my nipples are very sensitive but I don't think they're big enough to pierce easily... hehe... just sharing

Size isn't usually an issue, jewelry gets pretty small.

someguy said:
Seriously, though, I don't think I could stand getting my nipples pierced. I'm no wimp, but that would hurt like hell! I could only imagine that this would fix any sensitivity issues the OP may have in that area.

Its a euphoric kind of pain. :D

scem0

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
celebrian23 said:
1. What is your gender?
2.Have they always been this way?

male

yup :(

vniow said:

That's a great idea!

Piercings have never been a turn-on for me, or a turn off (only PA's :eek: - ouch!), so I'm not wild about getting one just because it seems so pointless to me. And nipple piercings take a long time to heal apparently, so I'm not too excited about that process. If clamps/suction/whatever can have the same effect then I'm all for it :).

gekko513 said:
Just don't use them too much if you go for such kits, scem0. It looks ridiculous with humongous nipples on men, in my opinion. :p

I agree, the ridiculously large ones you see in some... 'alternative' 'films' are super nasty :p.

e

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
Never know what sorts of threads you'll wake up to here at Macrumors.

I had a buddy with nipple rings, was playing a game of touch football with some friends... Fast forward a bit... No more nipple rings, slightly bloody nipples.

Owwwwwwwww

scem0

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
eek. That's nasty :(.

Yeah, I think I'll definitely be going the clamp/suction route if I decide to do this at all :).

e

ToddW

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2004
i've had one pierced in college for a few years. the chicks really dug it. and it did increase the sensitivity. It also made for quite a bit of interesting foreplay. Now that I'm married, it has closed up, but still sensitive. not as much as it was with the piercing but pretty close.

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
scem0 said:
And nipple piercings take a long time to heal apparently, so I'm not too excited about that process.

About 4-6 months on the average. My left one never quite healed up and still gives me a bit of trouble after two years if I don't take care of it. Otherwise they're fine.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
vniow said:
I got mine done in 2004 and they are far more sensetive than they were before. I don't know how they would fare if they were to close up since I have no intention of taking them out anytime soon. Hell, I'm getting them done a second time soon if they'll fit. :D

Really.....Can I see em.....Can I come next time(This doesn't sound right)

Bless

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.