PDA

View Full Version : Low-Cost iPod Running Thing, suggestions?

JurgenWigg
Jun 28, 2006, 12:03 AM
Do any of you guys go running with a home-made ipod holder?

I want to start running again, but couldn't imagine doing so without my ipod. I'm looking for a low cost solution to secure it somehow to my arm, torso, waist, neck (??) anything to keep it from flying off and hitting the pavement (my nightmare vision when i thought of an armband or bandana). Anything short of duct taping it to myself ;)

mad jew
Jun 28, 2006, 01:37 AM
I just hold mine and tuck the headphones under my singlet, if I'm wearing a top. :)

Scarlet Fever
Jun 29, 2006, 07:35 AM
i spose you could just gaffer your iPod to your arm...

might hurt a bit when its coming off, though :rolleyes:

I made myself a lanyard for my U2. I got the firewire cable from my 3G iPod (rest in pieces), and cut the FireWire end off it. Now i have a lanyard/portable charging thing!

iGary
Jun 29, 2006, 07:37 AM
The best setup I had was the iPod shuffle with the hard case. Ran several marathons with that, and it worked really well.

liketom
Jun 29, 2006, 07:47 AM
instead of running marathons with my iPod , i just imagine i'm running a marathon while listening to my iPod :p

bowens
Jun 29, 2006, 09:43 AM
I just hold mine and tuck the headphones under my singlet, if I'm wearing a top. :)

As opposed to running topless?

mad jew
Jun 29, 2006, 06:37 PM
If I'm running topless then I tie the headphone cable to me with my chest hair. Nothing worse than having the cable flailing around. :cool:

iGary
Jun 29, 2006, 06:40 PM
If I'm running topless then I tie the headphone cable to me with my chest hair. Nothing worse than having the cable flailing around. :cool:

Not any more....

MattyMac
Jun 29, 2006, 07:14 PM
Not any more....
ahhh...a new avatar...how will we know its you at first glance????

mad jew
Jun 29, 2006, 07:24 PM
Not any more....

About four more days of luscious long locks. :D

iGary
Jun 29, 2006, 07:25 PM
About four more days of luscious long locks. :D

Braid away. :D

JurgenWigg
Jun 29, 2006, 08:03 PM
haha, unfortunately (or fortunately as the case may be), my chest is naturally pretty devoid of hair, so no such luck there :rolleyes:

I have a 4G 20gb color iPod, so it's not as bad as the ipods of old, but certainly no mini, shuffle, or nano.

I've actually begun construction of a nice little thing using an old wallet, a belt, some twine, and a lot of duct tape holding it all together :D

I'll post pictures if I have any sort of success with all this