PDA

View Full Version : What Next? (Microsoft)

menziep
Jun 28, 2006, 10:29 AM
What next?

what with microsoft buying out companies like iView and Lionhead Studios what will be next?

I think abobe might be on Microsoft's List.

Please Post Your Comments

Link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_companies_acquired_by_Microsoft_Corporation - Contains a list of Compaines acquired by MS

yellow
Jun 28, 2006, 10:30 AM
Starbucks. All computer nerds need caffeine. It's the logical progression.

menziep
Jun 28, 2006, 10:31 AM
Starbucks. All computer nerds need caffeine. It's the logical progression.

Yeah, lol:rolleyes:

MisterMe
Jun 28, 2006, 10:40 AM
What next?

what with microsoft buying out companies like iView and Lionhead Studios what will be next?

I think abobe might be on Microsoft's List. ...Innovation by acquisition. However, I would not worry about a Microsoft acquisition of Adobe. If you think that Windows Media created antitrust problems for the Redmond Monopoly, a Microsoft attempt to acquire Adobe would make those problems look like a missed deadline.

FleurDuMal
Jun 28, 2006, 10:41 AM
What next?

I think abobe might be on Microsoft's List.

Please Post Your Comments

Link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_companies_acquired_by_Microsoft_Corporation - Contains a list of Compaines acquired by MS

I never knew that Hotmail was a separate company :confused: .

Anyway, back to the point. I think the next company to be acquired by Microsoft will be Apple :)

FleurDuMal
Jun 28, 2006, 10:43 AM
Innovation by acquisition. However, I would not worry about a Microsoft acquisition of Adobe. If you think that Windows Media created antitrust problems for the Redmond Monopoly, a Microsoft attempt to acquire Adobe would make those problems look like a missed deadline.

Plus, if Microsoft acquired Adobe, there'd be no way to develop their excellent Paint software, which currently rivals Photoshop :rolleyes: