Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AndrewMT

macrumors regular
Original poster
I posted a new thread here a few days ago about removing dents but got only guesses as to how I should remove dents. I posted my Ti on eBay so I could save up for a new one, but I accidently put a small dent on the screen case when I dropped a remote on it. Has anyone been successful at removing dents? I am considering using that "as seen on tv" car dent remover but I'm afraid the "car safe" glue will rip off the paint on my Ti. Has anyone else tried this or do you have any other solutions??

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
I want to be the first to suggest a really strogn magnet to pull the indented metal back to its normal position. Eitherr that or hit the oppostie side of the tibook with an object like a hammer
to push the metal back into palce. Either way will work, in theory

beez7777

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2002
Notre Dame
Originally posted by Kwyjibo
I want to be the first to suggest a really strogn magnet to pull the indented metal back to its normal position. Eitherr that or hit the oppostie side of the tibook with an object like a hammer
to push the metal back into palce. Either way will work, in theory

yes, in theory......

how big is the dent? if it's not that big, then i guess you might just have to ignore it. i'm not sure if there is any way to remove them though.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
seriously. go away. no one knows the answer here, why are you intent on bothering us?? that car dent remover will NOT work, as the dent must be bigger than the pad which is around 2". anything that might work will cost you SO MUCH MONEY that you're better off editing the auction to reflect the dent. unless it's already sold... in which case you're better off coming clean and taking $50 off the price or something.

hell, take the negative feedback. buy them an entirely new case. i don't care, just stop asking!

:mad:
pnw

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Or post a damn picture so we can see how 'big' this dent is.

Is it really SO big that you need to post CONSTANTLY about it?

This is not an instant fourm either.

junkionxl

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2003
Delaware
maybe?

Well how about u get one of those suction pullers u use for a car. or what abotu a hammer? lol nah j/k just post a pic up…it can't be that bad

Nipsy

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2002
DO NOT use a powerful magnet near electronics!

A: You can kill your HD (and maybe more)
B: Titanium is not magnetic

I'm sure any classic auto restoration shop would be glad to fix it (expect to pay a lot). Of you could call Apple, and purchase the case piece (expect to pay almost as much).

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
AndrewMT,

Check your Macrumors PM,

Follow link,

Dowload manual,

Take apart machine and fix dent.

or

Cancel auction, and/or resubmit a modified description including damage.

----

OOOpppps, looks like it's all a single unit.

Good news is a screen unit should only set you back around $1000.

Powerbook Parts

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.