Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
Quicktime 7.1.2 Update Available

Available via Software Update:
QuickTime 7.1.2 addresses an issue previewing iDVD projects. This update is recommended for all QuickTime 7 users.

Important Notice to QuickTime Pro Users
Installation of QuickTime 7 will disable the QuickTime Pro functionality in prior versions of QuickTime, such as QuickTime 5 or QuickTime 6. If you proceed with this installation, you must purchase a new QuickTime 7 Pro key to regain QuickTime Pro functionality. After installation, visit www.apple.com/quicktime to purchase a QuickTime 7 Pro key.

Or download from Apple's website: http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/quicktime712.html

zv470

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2004
Japan
Is anyone else having problems connecting with Software Update? I still haven't managed to update to 10.4.7

I don't want to have to manually download these files from apple.com

1mike

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2006
multiple movies in Safari

Does anyone have a hard time getting multiple quicktime movies to play in safari? My connection is a slow DSL line and the movie has to show up before the color wheel will let me do anything else. It's a bummer in tabbed browsing, when I want to open 7 videos in different tabs. Any scripts, patches, or updates that I'm not aware of?

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2006
New Jersey
1mike said:
Does anyone have a hard time getting multiple quicktime movies to play in safari? My connection is a slow DSL line and the movie has to show up before the color wheel will let me do anything else. It's a bummer in tabbed browsing, when I want to open 7 videos in different tabs. Any scripts, patches, or updates that I'm not aware of?

Mine's always done that.... Thought it was normal.

1mike

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2006
081440 said:
Mine's always done that.... Thought it was normal.

Mine has as well. I keep hoping with every update they will fix the problem. It only started with Tiger.

treblah

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2003
Wow, no one has complained about rebooting and 'uptime' yet? :eek:

Let me be the first. Seriously Apple, you guys couldn't coordinate 10.4.7 and this at the same time? :p

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
Dangit, I just updated to 7.1.1 yesterday, geesh. I barely use quicktime anyways. Maybe I'll download it later when I don't mind rebooting.

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
Why is it that whenever there is a Quicktime upgrade, Pro users have to buy a new key? If i had pro, and i got a new key for every time i updated it, i could have spent more money on QT than i have on my MacBook! (exageration, with a slight element of truth)

Also, that thing where movies cause Safari to freeze up and chew up CPU is annoying. I had 120MB of the 130MB 10.4.7 release downloaded, then a movie in Safari caused it to freeze on me. I had to force quit it, and I couldnt continue the download. so i had to go from the start AGAIN. GAH!

Oct 31, 2005
I bet iTunes 6.0.5 comes out tomorrow, quicktime and itunes updates usually come together

Oct 31, 2005
Scarlet Fever said:
Why is it that whenever there is a Quicktime upgrade, Pro users have to buy a new key? If i had pro, and i got a new key for every time i updated it, i could have spent more money on QT than i have on my MacBook! (slight exageration, with a slight element of truth)

Also, that thing where movies cause Safari to freeze up and chew up CPU is annoying. I had 120MB of the 130MB 10.4.7 release downloaded, then a movie in Safari caused it to freeze on me. I had to force quit it, and I couldnt continue the download. so i had to go from the start AGAIN. GAH!

You only have to buy a new key with major quicktime updates (5 to 6 or 6 to 7) not minor updates (7.1.1 to 7.1.2)

dbhays

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2005
Salinas, CA
iDVD

Fixed my idvd problems just in time. I have been very frustrated this past week while making a project. Problems over.:) :D

Greenjeens

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2005
California
I'm now afraid of Quicktime updates, 7.1.1 caused me to be unable to burn my apple lossles itunes library to CD. In a haste to get Toast working again, I did archive and install, a reload of my original OS and everything else.
Still getting all the extras and plug ins, like Patch Burn added, 2 weeks later:( There is now a downgrade for everything below 7.1.1, inclusive, which I should have waited for.

Perhaps I'll figure out how to run "Sandbox" which is the Super Duper Backup feature that allows one to run major Apple updates on a partioned drive, and test for bugs, without commiting the update to the main hardrive.
After running into this QT problem and no way to downgrade, the value of "Sandbox" suddenly became obvious. Sure Sandbox will take some time and probably break something new, I'll never test for, but getting rid of an installed, buggy Apple update can can be a huge pain in the butt!
-
Dave

JFreak

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2003
Tampere, Finland
Greenjeens said:
I'm now afraid of Quicktime updates

Same here. Protools workstations really dislike the 7.1.1 upgrade; that is a very clear indication of a bad QT release if previously smooth systems give beachballs after the QT upgrade...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.