Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The obligatory real/fake poll:

• Real

Votes: 195 46.7%
  • Fake

Votes: 223 53.3%

• Total voters

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Blogger user "Reality Resized" has posted what he/she claims is a video of Mac OS 10.5 "Leopard" in action. The video is relatively short, albeit longer than fake Video iPod mockup movies that have surfaced over the past year. Notable depictions in the video are a tabbed, solid-metal Finder interface, as well as what appears to be slightly more system menu selection effects.

The demonstration was run on an iMac G5 1.6 GHz with 1.25 GB of RAM. While the movie is certainly more promising than last week's fake screenshots, there is no hard evidence that the movie is legit and MacRumors cannot independently verify its authenticity at this time.

Credit to Leopardtracker.com for discovering the video.

Digg this story

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Well, I think we can safely say that a lot of the leaks we're seeing have some similarities that will see the light of day.

DeathChill

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2005
The tabbed browsing and solid colour interface is nice, but nothing too great to show off in this video.

i4k20c

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2005
iGary said:
Well, I think we can safely say that a lot of the leaks we're seeing have some similarities that will see the light of day.

:) I been noticing that too, all these rumored pics and such that have been showing up seem to have alot of similiarties to them.. can't wait for the expo! :D

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
It could be real. However, if it is real it should be off the net within a day. As soon as apple's lawyers find it....

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Stella said:
It looks fairly good, but can be easily mocked up using XCode.

Well it would have to be a big conspiracy...

1. All the "fakes" have consistent interface (all like iTunes).

2. All the "fakes" have tabbed browsing in the Finder.

You could be right, but I think these will be new features.

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
iGary said:
Well it would have to be a big conspiracy...

1. All the "fakes" have consistent interface (all like iTunes).

2. All the "fakes" have tabbed browsing in the Finder.

You could be right, but I think these will be new features.

Its been strongly rumoured that finder will have tabs... hence all the fakes show them.

The consistent interface has also been recently rumoured.

So, really, it doesn't take a genius to mock something up , using the rumours as guidelines.

I am right about "its easy to mock up a GUI in XCode" :-D

boncellis

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2006
Salt Lake City
I don't know why I expected more from an Apple fan's version of grainy surveillance video...

Enough people in the world share common sense notions like a unified metal GUI interface to make this real or fake, so I don't think it really matters if the video is legit or not--Apple will get it right and finally implement a consistent theme.

I'd rather see a video of the fake Address Book/iCal thing from earlier this week.

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
eh, i don't know about real or fake, but I'm with DeathChill on this one.. the tabbed browsing is cool, but really nothing *amazing* was shown.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Real or not, that video really isn't all that interesting IMO.

I hope tabbed finder isn't the most exciting new feature in Leopard. I really can't see myself utilizing this feature.

There should be another option on the poll: "Don't Care"

pianodude123

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2005
in the internet
Looks fake. Way too responsive for an imac G5 1.6. Even my powermac G5 doesnt explore new windows that quickly. Notice as soon as she/he clicked on the mac HD link, it appeared immediately!

Also, if it was real...wouldnt she show us more of the OS such as...well...idk...other stuff?

mi5moav

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2004
filerun, macintosh explorer or pathfinder all allow for tabs. I realy doubt this is real show us ichat or even better yet the calculator!!

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
pianodude123 said:
Looks fake. Way too responsive for an imac G5 1.6. Even my powermac G5 doesnt explore new windows that quickly. Notice as soon as she/he clicked on the mac HD link, it appeared immediately!

Also, if it was real...wouldnt she show us more of the OS such as...well...idk...other stuff?

Huh? Mine appears immediately. Yours doesn't? :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.