PDA

View Full Version : FAKE iPods in NYC where to buy?

joshwest
Jun 29, 2006, 02:35 PM
hey guys im a huge Apple Advocate i was curious if any of the NYC's MR members know where the fake ipods are.. I'm sure everywhere but i was thinking of picking up a fake shuffle or something just for kicks...? Im leaving in the morning so any info is helpful

Doctor Q
Jun 29, 2006, 02:42 PM
If you are looking for competing brands of MP3 players, you can hardly walk into a store, especially in a big city, without seeing many choices, and a lot of those competing players are trying to look like iPods.

If you are talking about some kind of bootleg iPod or unlicensed knockoff that pretends to be a real iPod, you won't get help finding them here, and I don't think you'd want such a thing.

joshwest
Jun 29, 2006, 02:46 PM
i know but i think its funny they are making knock off shuffles that actually have ipod stamped all over em.. i think it would be fun to pick one up im sure a few on the board would agree..?

Doctor Q
Jun 29, 2006, 03:08 PM
Or do the reverse: Buy an iPod and have "Creative Zen V Plus" engraved on the back.

dornoforpyros
Jun 29, 2006, 03:22 PM
i know but i think its funny they are making knock off shuffles that actually have ipod stamped all over em.. i think it would be fun to pick one up im sure a few on the board would agree..?

although I don't know where to get one I can see where your coming from and it might be funny to have one.

quigleybc
Jun 29, 2006, 03:33 PM
Here in Vancouver there is a "Night Market" which is essentially a big flea market with every type of Chinese knock off product you can think of.

Like "Dezigner" sunglass, shoes, handbags..ect.

Also, there were a ton of fake iPods, that didn't say "iPod" on them, but they looked almost identical to the Nano.

Pretty funny. They were like, "these have a 90 day warranty" and I said "ok, who the hell do I contact to redeem this warranty? Some fake company in China?...ha ha, ya right" Plus they are all Windows only, assuming they even work....

They were like 50 bucks...

Sutekidane
Jun 29, 2006, 04:49 PM
I'm also looking for a cheap bootleg nano just for kicks. Your best bet is ebay. There are some guides available on them too.