Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

new001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
I have been trying to organize the videos and TV shows on my iPod for while. I found out about Parsely is Automatically Delicious for mac and I thought all my problems would be solved. It turns out Parsely seems to have done nothing more than I could have done myself in iTunes, which isnt anything meaningful. Am I doing something wrong? I retagged a whole season of a TV show in parsely and the title, album name, and genre appear for every file under my iPod in iTunes, yet they still just appear as unorganized files under Videos>Movies on my iPod. Can someone please help me?

new001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
no one here knows how to organize videos on an iPod? that sucks!

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Quit whining

For videos to show up properly, you must enter them as tv shows, movies, etc and then SHOW, artist, season, etc.

Album doesn't have much use.

new001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
Where specifically can I enter them as TV shows?. I tried in iTunes to get info for a specific file and change the genre to "TV shows" and "TV show" No luck with them being under TV shows on my iPod, not even after I did the same thing in parsely. Which way do you enter them so they organize on the iPod?

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Um...no...

It has nothing to do with Genre, it's the actual file "kind" I am talking about.

Download a program called Lostify. It works just as well, if not better.

It shall solve your problems.

new001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
ok thank you, it worked. I could have sworn I had done that before but I guess it was just in my itunes library after. Is there a way to make it show the album under the tv show title?

also damn good reply time, thanks.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Um...

Way confused here...

Are you saying you want the name of the album in the column normally used for the Show title?

If that's the case...just type the album name in.

Quick question though...what albums would you have of videos?

new001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
say I would want to have a folder for each season of a TV show under the name of the show.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Hmm...

Make a new folder, then make a smart playlist. There's no way to organize videos in the "Video" section of iTunes any differently than how it is now.

HOWEVER, if you do make a folder and then a smart playlist of just videos, when you go to the video section on your iPod, you can select video playlists and any playlists with videos in them will show up.

Make sense?

It helps to think of the Video and Podcast sections (on iTunes) as BASICALLY the same thing as your Library (as far as customization goes).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.