PDA

View Full Version : Just a small 12in PB question for all of you owners

Ajmbc
Mar 2, 2003, 10:24 PM
I am thinking about getting a twelve inch powerbook. I currently have a 14 in. iBook 700 with a combo drive. Is there anything wrong with the 12? I like to do video editing ( not final cut, just iMovie) and web browsing, games, chatting, music, and I would like to burn DVD's. The display size is kinda iffy, because I own a 14 inch, and I have not really had a chance to look at the 12 inch. Does anyone find it too small? I don't care about it warming up, my iBook does that already. ;)
=ajmbc=

dswoodley
Mar 2, 2003, 11:53 PM
I've had the 12 inch Pb for a couple of weeks now and have absolutely no regrets. Easily the slickest machine I could have bought for $1800. The screen size is no issue for me, but I have been use to the 12 inch ibook for the last two years. I guess it all depends on how much you value the G4 over the larger screen size. IMO it was well worth it.

adamcoop
Mar 3, 2003, 12:50 AM
My girlfriend has had hers for about 3 weeks now, and I have to say, I've been using it a fair bit.
I own a 15" TiBook 400, which has now been retired to MP3 serving duties, as I'm awaiting a new 17".
For more or less the same screen area (the 400-667mhz tibooks were 1152x768), it doesn't seem worth it - the 12" is so much nicer (I'm using it to write this).
The keyboard on the 12" is one of the nicest I've ever used (portable or otherwise), and the machine is speedy and sexy.
Go for it (I'm even contemplating cancelling my 17" order for one).

markomarko
Mar 3, 2003, 03:03 PM
The best machine I could get for the cash. I haven't got a single complaint.

You'll love it. Plain and simple.

KershMan
Mar 3, 2003, 03:51 PM
I posted in a separate thread located at http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?threadid=21346. Bottom line is, I have had two iBooks, both 12.1s, a 600 and 800 Mhz.

The 12" Powerbook I have had for about a month now and I love it. It was well worth giving my 800 Mhz iBook to my wife and spending the cash on. I really believe you will notice dramtic speed improvements over the 700 Mhz iBook. Especially if you max out the RAM. The DDR RAM just seem to speed everything up.

I love the form factor and the power/functionality you get.