Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcrain

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 8, 2002
Illinois
Hey everyone. I've gotten to a point where I'm using my mac all the time, and have gotten past most of the strange "switch" questions.

Now, I have a practical problem. My 60 gig harddrive is almost full. I know how much memory is being taking by what applications I have, what music I have, the 1hr45min movie I'm editing, and some other stuff, but I think there's about 10-20 gig filled up with junk.

Does anyone know if Toast Ti deletes the data from a disk you're copying. It seemed like my memory dropped by 4-6 gigs after backing up about 6 or 7 cds.

What I'd really like, is some way of finding the big files/disk images/etc... that are on my hard drive, so I can decide if they are supposed to be there or not.

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, can I move my iTunes library to an external HD w/o destroying my iPod updating?

timbloom

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2002
I dont believe toast saves the information anywhere unless you tell it to save it to a disk image or something. You might make sure your trash is emptied (not to insult or anything). If you go to view options in the view menu bar, you can turn on calculate folder sizes, and try to narrow it down from there.

You can move your iTunes library, but you will then have to tell iTunes where you moved it to in your preferences (back it up just in case)

mcrain

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 8, 2002
Illinois
Wow, 2/3 of my HD is music and a movie I'm editing. Wow, I've got to get that movie done and burned to DVD before I run out of space!

Thanks for your help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.