PDA

View Full Version : What do You Expect to See this week?

TEG
Mar 3, 2003, 12:04 PM
Considering the common thoughts of updates to HW and SW that seems to be occuring nearly every week. What do you expect Apple to release this week. A bigger iPod, new Appleworks, another Safari Beta?

TEG

Kwyjibo
Mar 3, 2003, 12:12 PM
I think some people are beginning ot get spoiled by the updates every week, perhpas apple is slowing down the updates now that almsot all of thier lines have been modified. Please note that I said almost. Perhaps we will see iPods soon but thats all that I expect. Most reports see appleworks in the spring and safari betas as soon as they are ready for the general public, plus most of us have tabs already neway so i"m only in a hurry to make sure apple has them function properly.

timbloom
Mar 3, 2003, 12:19 PM
I hope to see a 10.2.4 bugfix, and possibly a public apology from Apple to my friend Alset.
I expect to see safari updates whenever they are posted... I dunno about any real updates this week, but proving me wrong would be fine too.

Eniregnat
Mar 3, 2003, 12:52 PM
Introducing Apple's
iAye

How could we live with out speculation or specieation.
Apple will explain why it registered mammals.org (http://mammals.org/), why they used the code word Darwin, and what carbon has to do with everything.

My guess, with current genetic technology, Apple's green outlook, and cutting edge design, I expect the Apple iAye (http://www.thewildones.org/Animals/ayeAyeNH.html). Cute, portable, interactive and just the thing to both save the Earth and Apple. Apple's latest endangered specie to enter the market. I hope it survives. ;)

sparks9
Mar 3, 2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Eniregnat
Introducing Apple's
iAye

How could we live with out speculation or specieation.
Apple will explain why it registered mammals.org (http://mammals.org/), why they used the code word Darwin, and what carbon has to do with everything.

My guess, with current genetic technology, Apple's green outlook, and cutting edge design, I expect the Apple iAye (http://www.thewildones.org/Animals/ayeAyeNH.html). Cute, portable, interactive and just the thing to both save the Earth and Apple. Apple's latest endangered specie to enter the market. I hope it survives. ;)

Yeah you may be right! :D
But my vote is going for the iPod! It will be cheap and nice...

daniel77
Mar 3, 2003, 06:10 PM
they need like a 50 dollar 1 gig ipod :P i mean i only have like 800 megs of songs-maybe i am the only one

macphoria
Mar 4, 2003, 12:26 AM
1Ghz G3 iBook with SuperDrive would be nice.

Yes, I know there is 12 inch PowerBook with similar specs. But I'm hoping such iBook under $2000 would come out. So this is not what I expect to see, but more along the lines of what I would like to see.

FredAkbar
Mar 4, 2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by daniel77
they need like a 50 dollar 1 gig ipod :P i mean i only have like 800 megs of songs-maybe i am the only one

That makes 2 of us...I don't like how Apple is supposedly only going to offer like 20 GB or larger iPods...I'm thinking of buying an iPod sometime within the next few months, but I only have like 200 MB of songs, so I don't need a frickin' 20 GB iPod. A small 1 or 2 GB iPod would be really nice.

Then again...maybe it can't be that small because they have to fit system software or whatever onto it too? But even so, they could still make like a 3 GB one. That would be cool.

--Fred

ibookin'
Mar 4, 2003, 01:51 AM
A dual 2.5Ghz PPC 970-based PowerMac.

Oh wait, what do I expect? Maybe a new iPod...

Bear
Mar 4, 2003, 06:45 AM
Apple can only offer iPods in the capacities that are currently being provided by hard drive manufacturers.

Since the 5 GB 1.8" disk was discontinued, they can't offer one that size. The 10 GB disk is sitll being manufactured however, eventually that may go away as well.

If Apple tried to stockpile a small drive size, their costs would go up.

Also keep in mind, that with 10 GB being the smallest capacity drive offered in 1'8" now, the prices for it would have come down. Expect the lowest capacity iPod to sell for $299 US or less when Apple finally announces iPod updates. (Whenever that is.)

Oh, what do I expect to see this week? Shipping notification for my BTO DP 1.42.

Eniregnat
Mar 4, 2003, 11:38 AM
What time do new releases usually happen?
Because, I donít think that itís going to happen.
No iAye. :(

timbloom
Mar 4, 2003, 02:08 PM
GeoportX, iWalk, Marklar, and 970-based brain replacements.