PDA

View Full Version : iPod purchasing

oilpit
Jul 2, 2006, 11:52 AM
hey, i recently lost my 5G iPod after about a year and a half of use, so i was wondering do i go ahead and get a new 5G right now or wait till the 6G, please note that i am not that patient of a guy!
thanks, oilpit

iBookG4user
Jul 2, 2006, 11:54 AM
Considering that no one has any clue when the next iPod is going to come out then I'd say yeah.
Note: I just bought a 60GB 5G, 2 days ago myself.

MattyMac
Jul 2, 2006, 12:49 PM
hey, i recently lost my 5G iPod after about a year and a half of use, so i was wondering do i go ahead and get a new 5G right now or wait till the 6G, please note that i am not that patient of a guy!
thanks, oilpit
Lets hope you are being sarcastic considering the 5G ipod hasnt even been out for a year yet! Unless you have the unreleased hook up from apple and can get things early:D

...all joking asides, I think it may be a little while until the 6G comes out, so either buy a less costly iPod you can deal with for 3 to 6 months (from the refurb store) or buy the 5G now and the 6G when it comes out!!!

ilikeninjas90
Jul 2, 2006, 06:58 PM
well personally I would get the 5g ipod unless video is a huge concern for you

but even aside from the orginal ipods

I would wait for the new nanos that are reportedly to come out in the fall, with more memory

but yes, if you feel videos are very important, I would wait for the 6g, because looking at what apple has in store, they would probably upgrade the value of their videos

climhazzard85
Jul 2, 2006, 09:43 PM
If you spend money based on what's "around the corner" you'll never end up having anything, technology moves too fast.

MattyMac
Jul 2, 2006, 10:24 PM
If you spend money based on what's "around the corner" you'll never end up having anything, technology moves too fast.
tooooooooo fast indeed!

gco212
Jul 3, 2006, 02:23 AM
I think most rumors are pointing towards late this year (November/December) so I'd just pick up one now.

taytho
Jul 3, 2006, 02:27 AM
thanks, oilpit

5th gen for a year and a half eh? interesting. i assume you are just mistaken as to the date, or the gen of ipod..... but i would suggest getting the best available...... there is always something better around the corner, so that wait is not worth it unless you know when the change is and it will be soon.