Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
That new update that allows you to set a max volume on the shuffle is great! I just set it to a little more than my normal listening level, that way if I have a quiet song or I'm in a busy area, I can turn it up a little, but not so much that it hurts my ears. Perfect since it has no display. Anyone else using this feature?

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
joecool85 said:
That new update that allows you to set a max volume on the shuffle is great! I just set it to a little more than my normal listening level, that way if I have a quiet song or I'm in a busy area, I can turn it up a little, but not so much that it hurts my ears. Perfect since it has no display. Anyone else using this feature?

Yeah, I just set it last night - more for my future hearing than anything. ;)

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
iGary said:
Yeah, I just set it last night - more for my future hearing than anything. ;)

Yeah, I'm musician so losing my hearing would be a very very bad thing.

bowens

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2006
Florida
I haven't used this feature because I listen to my shuffle when I mow my lawn and I have to turn it up as loud as it will go to hear it.

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
bowens said:
I haven't used this feature because I listen to my shuffle when I mow my lawn and I have to turn it up as loud as it will go to hear it.

You're really hurting your hearing at that point. I don't get mine above 3/4 volume.

luckylisp

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2006
NY state
I love that feature too, it's awesome. Previously I would accidentally hit the wheel and blow my ears out every so often. Now, like you, I just set it to the highest volume that is comfortable to my ears and ,wallah, no more accidental blow outs. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.