Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacSA

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 4, 2003
UK
Possible hint from Applesinsider that we might see something new tomorrow (4th July)

http://appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1855

There's recently been some talk about a potential Apple product introduction following the July 4th holiday. However, the rumors are largely unconfirmed at this time.

Specifically, the rumblings suggest a high-end hardware offering could be in the cards. Informed speculation would point to a product based on Intel's Woodcrest line of chips, which were recently introduced.

There are also new configurations of MacBooks in Apple stores - 1GB RAM and bigger hard drives.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
iGary said:
Hey, what's up with the new Merom chip? :p :D
More then likely launched in August and/or available in the fall. I'd settle for a speed bump on the MacBook Pro. The refurb prices are good or I can get a free iPod w/new.

craigatkinson

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2006
I just ordered my macbook pro. It's set to be delivered on the 5th. I would be so mad if they announced an upgrade and then shipped me the old model. That would be just my luck though.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
craigatkinson said:
I just ordered my macbook pro. It's set to be delivered on the 5th. I would be so mad if they announced an upgrade and then shipped me the old model. That would be just my luck though.
Just exchange it.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Eidorian said:
More then likely launched in August and/or available in the fall. I'd settle for a speed bump on the MacBook Pro. The refurb prices are good or I can get a free iPod w/new.

Second time you missed my attempt at sarcasm. :)

steve_hill4

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2005
NG9, England
New enclosure for MacBook Pro? I hope it isn't that different, love the aluminium/titanium PB G4/MBP. I already have mine, so shouldn't care, but want Apple to remain looking stylish.

G5power

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2005
Not that Think Secret seems to be very accurate. But I would love to see the new Intel based PowerMac replacements be announced. I am still hopeful that there will be a new mid-range system (not an iMac) but anything new is positive.

Mac_Freak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2005
New chip, new case for next Pro Mac at WWDC

ThinkSecret reports that PowerMac G5 replacement will feature a new case design. :D
Also reportedly, MacBook Pros will get a new case design too with introduction of Intel Core 2 Duo (aka Merom) chips.

EDIT: Merged thread, old news :)

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
it seems like the imac has been around forever. i think they need to be upgraded tomarrow... so i can place my order :D

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
MacBook/Pro heat problems could indeed lead to a new form factor. It wouldn't surprise me.

As for new products tomorrow, surely Apple Employees are having the day off too?

freestyleguy128

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2006
Virginia
A new case design? It's called a macbook PRO for a reason, professionals want a sturdy, professional look to their notebooks, not a kiddie multicolored litebrite notebook. If they keep a titanium finish but make a few design changes (ie. integrated keyboard, magnetic latching, etc.) that's OK, but I won't want a kiddie notebook.

poppe

macrumors 68020
Apr 29, 2006
Woodland Hills
Well what ever it may be, all I know is the Pro Macs need to come out ASAP... was watching Law and Order the 1 P.M. one today if anyone TiVoed it and what commercial was playing?

The new Dell Workstations. Sounded like the new Xeon's were in them. I looked on website but couldn't find the one I saw on TV...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.