Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rcadden

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
Newb here, just got my first mac, trying different things out. Here's my current problem:

I have a Nokia N80, and was able to change some stuff in iSync to get it to sync. Sync's fine, blah blah blah. Now here's the problem:

I still have to manually open iSync, click on "Sync Devices" (the keypress to whcih is apple+T) and confirm any boxes that might pop up. I don't want to have to do any of this. I want for whenever the phone comes in range, the mac to detect that, open iSync, and automatically synchronize everything.

I have zero programming skills, save for enough HTML to get through myspace. However, I was able to open ScriptEditor and record one, but I can't get the keypress to go in. Is there a way to automate all this using Applescript and perhaps Automator?

elfin buddy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2001
Tuttlingen, Germany
Rcadden said:
Newb here, just got my first mac, trying different things out. Here's my current problem:

I have a Nokia N80, and was able to change some stuff in iSync to get it to sync. Sync's fine, blah blah blah. Now here's the problem:

I still have to manually open iSync, click on "Sync Devices" (the keypress to whcih is apple+T) and confirm any boxes that might pop up. I don't want to have to do any of this. I want for whenever the phone comes in range, the mac to detect that, open iSync, and automatically synchronize everything.

I have zero programming skills, save for enough HTML to get through myspace. However, I was able to open ScriptEditor and record one, but I can't get the keypress to go in. Is there a way to automate all this using Applescript and perhaps Automator?

Does this help? Quick Google search returned that. I'd try it for you if I could, but I don't believe in cell phones. They honestly don't exist. Really.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.