PDA

View Full Version : iPod and the Bus -- What would you recommend...

bobber205
Jul 5, 2006, 08:51 PM
What's the best accessory and (cheap hopefuly) other things I could get for my Ipod so I can more safely take it with me to work and on the bus...

Thanks.

2nyRiggz
Jul 5, 2006, 08:58 PM
A case to protect.....thats it...unless you live in a bad area and worried about getting jacked...then get black headphones.

Bless

MacGabePro
Jul 5, 2006, 09:03 PM
line the headphones up your shirt and use playlists, never sit and play with your ipod if your in shady territory

sad we have to live like this

bobber205
Jul 5, 2006, 09:16 PM
I don't live in a bad area. It's a small town in Oregon. But anyway.

My ipod came with a nice leather type case in the box. I was going to use that until I got another one. I can't see the screen or use it while in the case, but it should prevent it from getting scratched.

dmw007
Jul 5, 2006, 09:22 PM
A case to protect.....thats it...unless you live in a bad area and worried about getting jacked...then get black headphones.

Bless

Yes, a case is definitely a good investment for your iPod bobber205. :)

Sesshi
Jul 6, 2006, 03:44 AM
If any dust gets in the 'leather' case it will end up scratching the iPod nicely. I would suggest going to Shieldzone.com and getting an invisibleshield BEFORE you start using the iPod (and we all know how keen you'd be to use it... patience, grasshopper). Slightly tricky to apply but it really works. After that, wave goodbye to cases (unless you go droppng stuff all the time).

shadowmoses
Jul 6, 2006, 04:45 AM
The accessory I have always found most useful are the skins that are stuck onto the ipod's they are best applied when you get the iPod from the box and they do an amazing job of stopping scratches and they are 99% invisible if you buy a good one.....still very cheap though,

ShadoW

fenixx
Jul 6, 2006, 07:52 AM
If any dust gets in the 'leather' case it will end up scratching the iPod nicely. I would suggest going to Shieldzone.com and getting an invisibleshield BEFORE you start using the iPod (and we all know how keen you'd be to use it... patience, grasshopper). Slightly tricky to apply but it really works. After that, wave goodbye to cases (unless you go droppng stuff all the time).

Exactly.

I am assuming when you mentioned you wanted to keep your iPod safe, you meant safe from scratches. the invisible shields seem the way to go. I made the mistake of getting a random case from BestBuy (a dLo) and it is HORRIBLE. It scratched my iPods surface, and it collects dust inside making the screen 2x worse than it actually is.