Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
What's the best accessory and (cheap hopefuly) other things I could get for my Ipod so I can more safely take it with me to work and on the bus...

Thanks.

MacGabePro

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2006
Greenville, NC
line the headphones up your shirt and use playlists, never sit and play with your ipod if your in shady territory

sad we have to live like this

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
I don't live in a bad area. It's a small town in Oregon. But anyway.

My ipod came with a nice leather type case in the box. I was going to use that until I got another one. I can't see the screen or use it while in the case, but it should prevent it from getting scratched.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
2nyRiggz said:
A case to protect.....thats it...unless you live in a bad area and worried about getting jacked...then get black headphones.

Bless

Yes, a case is definitely a good investment for your iPod bobber205. :)

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
If any dust gets in the 'leather' case it will end up scratching the iPod nicely. I would suggest going to Shieldzone.com and getting an invisibleshield BEFORE you start using the iPod (and we all know how keen you'd be to use it... patience, grasshopper). Slightly tricky to apply but it really works. After that, wave goodbye to cases (unless you go droppng stuff all the time).

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
The accessory I have always found most useful are the skins that are stuck onto the ipod's they are best applied when you get the iPod from the box and they do an amazing job of stopping scratches and they are 99% invisible if you buy a good one.....still very cheap though,

ShadoW

fenixx

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2006
Sesshi said:
If any dust gets in the 'leather' case it will end up scratching the iPod nicely. I would suggest going to Shieldzone.com and getting an invisibleshield BEFORE you start using the iPod (and we all know how keen you'd be to use it... patience, grasshopper). Slightly tricky to apply but it really works. After that, wave goodbye to cases (unless you go droppng stuff all the time).

Exactly.

I am assuming when you mentioned you wanted to keep your iPod safe, you meant safe from scratches. the invisible shields seem the way to go. I made the mistake of getting a random case from BestBuy (a dLo) and it is HORRIBLE. It scratched my iPods surface, and it collects dust inside making the screen 2x worse than it actually is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.