Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
I hope this is the right place to post this...

I'm selling my 64MB SD card to someone on eBay, and was wondering if they would be able to recover the files I deleted off of it with my camera? If so, is there a secure way to erase it? I don't have anything that important on it, I just don't like the thought of strangers looking through my photos.

Thanks!

snap58

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2006
somewhere in kansas
livingfortoday said:
I hope this is the right place to post this...

I'm selling my 64MB SD card to someone on eBay, and was wondering if they would be able to recover the files I deleted off of it with my camera? If so, is there a secure way to erase it? I don't have anything that important on it, I just don't like the thought of strangers looking through my photos.

Thanks!

I have been able to recover pictures even after a Format of a card. If you are really worried about it, erase the card then fill the card completely with something that doesn't matter, like a wall picture, (or your middle finger), then erase it again.

camomac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2005
Left Coast
snap58 said:
I have been able to recover pictures even after a Format of a card. If you are really worried about it, erase the card then fill the card completely with something that doesn't matter, like a wall picture, (or your middle finger), then erase it again.

yeah, i have been able to recover pic's too.
i think it would be funny to fill the camera up with pictures of
a middle finger then erase the card...:)

gslrider

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2005
Hi guys, what Mac software are you using to recover pics from a deleted card?

The only one I've heard of is PhotoRescue. Just curious if there is any other Mac software for this.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.