PDA

View Full Version : Nervous - should my iBook be ok?

slooksterPSV
Jul 6, 2006, 08:34 AM
Ok, so my cat jumps up onto the counter from an autimon (how ever you spell it); so I go and slap it for being on the counter. It jumps down from the counter into my iBook and my iBook tumbles backwards onto the floor from about a foot and a half up. Should I be worried? The HDD does have the one feature where it removes the head if it notices any weird movements. I'm just really nervous about my iBook.

Mitthrawnuruodo
Jul 6, 2006, 08:43 AM
Worried? Sure...

But does it show any signs of being damaged, externally: cracks or dents or internally: weird system behaviour or non-functioning features? If not then it might have gone just fine.

Most of my laptops has taken the occasional tumble without being damaged (hopefully the magsafe on my new MacBook will make this the first to break that "tradition" ;)) and my iPod mini took one heck of a ride down a concrete staircase without even scratching.

mmmcheese
Jul 6, 2006, 09:40 AM
I say kill the cat.

joeops57
Jul 6, 2006, 11:32 AM
Honestly, I've dropped my iBook 4 or 5 times and it still works just fine. If the case looks ok, then it's more than likely that the internal components are fine as well.

~Joe

xli_ne
Jul 6, 2006, 11:43 AM
I say kill the cat.

ya that

slooksterPSV
Jul 6, 2006, 09:04 PM
ya that
Well, if she eats my nieces food again, the cat (BeiJing as we call her) will be going out the door.

EDIT: Yeah my iBook works fine.

thewhitehart
Jul 6, 2006, 09:10 PM
Ok, so my cat jumps up onto the counter from an autimon (how ever you spell it)

Ottoman. ORIGIN early 19th cent.: from French ottomane, feminine of ottoman ‘Ottoman.’ :D

Put cat in small enclosure for 24 hours. Suitable punnishment. (j/k)

slooksterPSV
Jul 6, 2006, 09:12 PM
Ottoman. ORIGIN early 19th cent.: from French ottomane, feminine of ottoman ‘Ottoman.’ :D

Put cat in small enclosure for 24 hours. Suitable punnishment. (j/k)
You guys are tempting me so badly.

DJMastaWes
Jul 6, 2006, 11:49 PM
No, be nice to the cat! Move your iBook.

OutThere
Jul 6, 2006, 11:54 PM
If you're really worried, starting up from the hardware test CD and running an extended test can give you some piece of mind.

slooksterPSV
Jul 7, 2006, 12:57 AM
No, be nice to the cat! Move your iBook.
**** the cat, she's a lousy cat if you ask me. More blonde than a blonde. She is mean, she is jealous, she is just a real *****. So I'd rather treat my iBook to a nice upscale treatment rather than give my kitty a fancy fancy meal.

Pistol Pete
Jul 7, 2006, 01:13 AM
Well, if she eats my nieces food again, the cat (BeiJing as we call her) will be going out the door.

EDIT: Yeah my iBook works fine.

good to hear...(about the ibook)