PDA

View Full Version : No 'TV Shows' on iPod menu

timmyb
Jul 7, 2006, 04:01 PM
On my iPod the video section is split in to Video Playlists, Movies, Music Videos, Video Podcasts and Video Settings but nothing for TV Shows. If I set the video kind of one of my videos to be TV Show then it doesn't appear on the iPod. What could the problem be?

Scarlet Fever
Jul 7, 2006, 06:19 PM
i had this same issue. I loaded all of my South Park epps onto my iPod, went out that night, and i couldn't find it!

You have to make a playlist with all the episodes in it. Its probably not a bad idea to make a Smart Playlist so that if you get more episodes, they are automatically added. That playlist will show up on your iPod as a Video Playlist.

Enjoi

SilentPanda
Jul 7, 2006, 06:34 PM
That's really odd. I have a 30g Video iPod and I have a TV Shows menu.

You might try using Lostify (http://home.comcast.net/~lowellstewart/lostify/) to add the TV Show tag to the video file unless it's one you downloaded from the iTunes Music Store.

lu0s3r322
Jul 7, 2006, 09:12 PM
i had the exact same problem before with my family guy and 24 seasons, but somehow i got it working. i think i looked at the ilounge.com forums, check there

Scarlet Fever has the right idea, you should make a video playlist

Electro Funk
Jul 8, 2006, 09:09 AM
i had the same problem and then downloaded a free episonde of Monk from iTunes... and it magically appeared...

i think you have to first DL an "authorized" TV show from iTunes to allow this menu item to pop up on the iPod....

Try it out... after my first TV DL... i was able to use Lostify and set any videos to a TV show...

timmyb
Jul 9, 2006, 05:13 PM
i had the same problem and then downloaded a free episonde of Monk from iTunes... and it magically appeared...

i think you have to first DL an "authorized" TV show from iTunes to allow this menu item to pop up on the iPod....

Try it out... after my first TV DL... i was able to use Lostify and set any videos to a TV show...Unfortunately I can't as there are no TV shows on the UK iTunes.:(