Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
Another in a long line of sickening reality shows.

But this one show what these reality shows are really becoming: venues for aspiring actors and models. The contestants are becoming less and less "real" and many are using the shows as a spring-board for their careers.

And yet America watches. And watches. And watches...

[I wish I had one of those vomiting smilies to put here.]

Taft

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by eyelikeart
duke...u should submit the altered image of me as yourself... :eek: :D

ah, it wouldn't matter, you could submit Ms. MacRumors.....you'd probably get a 2 or something :D

I don't think most people going there have much of a sense of humor.

D

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Hot or Not was around long before these new TV shows took off. I know people who have submitted their photos to Hot or Not and people who go there to rate the photos they see. It seems to be harmless entertainment. The live versions sound much more insulting and I have no interest in watching them.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
Originally posted by Taft
Another in a long line of sickening reality shows.

But this one show what these reality shows are really becoming: venues for aspiring actors and models. The contestants are becoming less and less "real" and many are using the shows as a spring-board for their careers.

And yet America watches. And watches. And watches...

[I wish I had one of those vomiting smilies to put here.]

Taft
This is the 2nd time i have agreed with you! Way to go! there is hope!:eek:

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
there is also hotornot.com.

I think they are just funny. Anyone who takes their ratings seriously
has got serious problems.

I saw a 'rate my poop' site in the 'official poop thread' in community
discussion once. It was DISGUISTING. :p ;)

topicolo

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2002
Ottawa, ON
there's also a "rack" rating site. I think it's ratemyrack.com or something.

For those who don't know, rack = breasts

LoL

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I have not and will not watch these newest reality shows, think they are silly. Wonder what has brought on this thread, my only thought is as a distraction from terrorism & war. I will be honest to admit that I watch Survivor, but that is the only one honest!

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2002
San Destin Florida
Ok, is it just me, or was that addicitive:)

Man, I have not had that much fun in a while. Now that is sad. Ok, how can Susan Ward have an average score of 6.52?

BS!

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Ha, thanks. She's a great dog - that was her as a puppy when we got her, about 3 years ago.

She travels with us sometimes, only if we manage to find a pet friendly hotel. We go to the beach a lot too, out in Delaware, and we've taken her to Florida (17 hr drive) so we don't really have to worry too much about her being in the car for long periods of time. She sort of realizes that its going to be a long haul and hybernates or something. Very weird, but great for us.

D :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.