PDA

View Full Version : Selling Powerbook, Buying Macbook

dj420118
Jul 9, 2006, 06:34 PM
I am currently selling my powerbook G4 1.67ghz on Ebay. I am planning to buy the macbook as soon as it sells so i can easily transfer the files via firewire cable but, I was wondering if anyone who has bought a Macbook in the last couple of days or so from an Apple Store has had any of the common problems people are finding in the Macbook.

Thanks,

Danny

wako
Jul 9, 2006, 06:36 PM
other than the heat, the moo which seems to be dying down as the weeks count on, those seems to have been the main issues.

dmw007
Jul 9, 2006, 08:17 PM
other than the heat, the moo which seems to be dying down as the weeks count on, those seems to have been the main issues.

Yes, the "moo" problem does seem to be passing. So I would say that now is a good time to consider buying a MacBook dj420118.

Out of curiosity, what do you plan to use your MacBook for? If you plan to use it for gaming or photoshop, then stick with your PowerBook G4. Otherwise, go with the MacBook. :)

dj420118
Jul 9, 2006, 08:21 PM
I rarely do any photoshop on my mac. I mainly used iPhoto for minor touchups and such. Either way i have a 1.66 core duo mini with 2gb of ram for all that kind of horseplay. The macbook will be my everyday school machine for chatting, email, word, internet, etc. I will go ahead and max it out to 2gb of ram as well.

Danny

dj420118
Jul 9, 2006, 08:35 PM
i'm going to go ahead and buy it at the store then.

Thanks,

Danny

GoCubsGo
Jul 9, 2006, 08:50 PM
dj, pm me with a link to your auction would ya? Don't post here, I don't want people to think you're trying to pimp your auction here outside the marketplace. ;)

dmw007
Jul 9, 2006, 08:51 PM
I rarely do any photoshop on my mac. I mainly used iPhoto for minor touchups and such. Either way i have a 1.66 core duo mini with 2gb of ram for all that kind of horseplay. The macbook will be my everyday school machine for chatting, email, word, internet, etc. I will go ahead and max it out to 2gb of ram as well.

Danny

Well, since you plan on using your laptop for those basic types of tasks, I think that they MacBook sounds like a great computer for your needs! :)