Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tom Light

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2002
Just cancelled my DP 1.25...

It had been in moved back twice, and now wouldn't be shipped until approximately 3/10. I had jumped on the 1.25 two weeks ago, so I could get it delivered in the "1-3 days" promised.

Sheesh.

My first experience with Apple is not going as well as I had hoped. Shopping for a 1.42 now...

Tom

synthetickittie

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2002
Boston
... um still waiting for an e-mail from apple saying my 1.42 has shipped.. ordered in on the 4th of last month. So if they're shipping then to who? resellers only as of right now Im assuming..

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Originally posted by synthetickittie
... um still waiting for an e-mail from apple saying my 1.42 has shipped.. ordered in on the 4th of last month. So if they're shipping then to who? resellers only as of right now Im assuming..
Some people who ordered the base configuration have been shipped them.

Those of us who placed BTO orders still have to wait another day or two.

meateater

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2003
out of beer

im waiting for my order shipping date to change. still april 3, it was a BTO machine. i drank all me beer staring at my 23 inch cinema monitor. speaking of which there are some really nice dust covers for the apple displays at willow design. might want to check em out.:)

Foxer

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2003
Washington, DC
Of course I got impatient

After waiting since January for the thing to be built, I cancelled my BTO order yeasterday afternoon and went to the Store and bought a factory model (I don't NEED bluetooth, do I? A combo-drive addition was a LITTLE extravagant.) So I lug my new baby home, power up the iMac for a final run around the block and what does Safari tell me, the new PowerMacs are shipping. Still, I'm glad I got mine in hand, rather than checking the tracking info all weekend. I can stop staring longingly at the 23" Cinema Display box and actually hook the thing up!

So can I add a combodrive later?:confused:

Tom Light

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2002
Re: out of beer

Originally posted by meateater
im waiting for my order shipping date to change. still april 3..

April 3? I put my order in this morning, and it shows as March 27.:rolleyes:

It appears the random number generator routine in OS X works very well...

Tom

synthetickittie

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2002
Boston
foxer... do tell how it is, please..

Now your making me SO tempeted to cancel my order and just jump in the car and drive 5 minutes to the local mac store and get me stock 1.42. I can easly just add ram myself either from apple or another place. Dam and I just remembered I have to run to that same mall tonight anyway to get something else I need. When I walk by the apple store its gonna kill me because I know Im just gonna keep waiting because well Ive waited this long it will kind of be like it was for no reason if I just cancel and get it there.

Tom Light

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2002
I considered the same thing...

...however the thought of pitching a perfectly good 9000 video card was a little too wasteful for even me. I'm going to just hang on for my Apple Store order, despite the fact there are two Apple retail stores within 30-minutes of me. :rolleyes:

Tom

Foxer

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2003
Washington, DC
Originally posted by synthetickittie
foxer... do tell how it is, please..

After all that, I never opened it last night. Admirable self-denial? No. My wife wanted to go to the mall, and since my iPod was waiting to be picked up after being serviced (this would be the Apple store near my house, not the one near my office where I had been earlier in the day) I relented. Tonight is my Christmas in March...

Looking for a reason to leave work early...;)

Chrisnorth

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2002
Yukon, Canada
Patience

Everything is so fast nowadays. I remember ordering a new canopy for my pickup in the 80's and it took 8 months to arrive. Mind you I live in northern Canada, where there used to be a saying that went, "Why do today what can be done tomorrow?" Imagination is usually better than reality which is why the wait often turns out to be the best part.:)

Chrisnorth

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2002
Yukon, Canada
Dreams vs. Deliveries

..besides which, there will always be a next "better Mac". I used a Mac Classic for 9 years, before purchasing a nearly new 580CD to replace it. Now I'm typing on a 500Mhz iMac. Real cutting edge technology compared to that classic, and I can dream of the as yet mythical 4 GHz dual processor tower.. That's half the fun.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.