Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fuzzn

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2005
Notts, UK
hey people... i've been searching and googling for about an hour or so now... and cannot seem to find a single decent looking wallpaper of either the world cup or zinedine zidane... can somebody please point me in the right direction or somehow send me some good, high quality, (also widescreen if possible) wallpapers. I'd be really grateful to anybody who helps in any way... thanx

-me :p

adom

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2006
UK
ham_man said:
Is that blood? :p :eek: :rolleyes:

Yes, this picture was taken just after Wayne Rooney just ripped off Christiano Ronaldo's arms, Mortal Kombat style might I add, and decided to paint a St George's cross with his portugees red slime!

/wakes up

Dammit!!

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
I don't know if these are exactly what you're looking for (no Zidane for starters), but Nike's website has some really nice desktops you can download – mainly players looking moody and some lovely close ups of the detailing on the Nike kits – I used some of the latter ones myself during the World Cup. A word of warning though – I couldn't download the desktops in Safari, I had to use Firefox.

From the link above, click on 'Products' and when it all loads up look under 'Apparel' There are over a dozen teams you can select desktops from, including World Cup competitors Brazil, Portugal, The Netherlands, Mexico and the United States.

Like I say, not exactly what you're looking for but there are some nice images in there and i hope you find something that catches your eye. :)

fuzzn

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2005
Notts, UK
wow... thank you for the links... but is it just me or is the rooney pic not showing up? and am i such an idiot that i can't seem to find any of the desktops on the joga bonito site?

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
fuzzn said:
wow... thank you for the links... but is it just me or is the rooney pic not showing up? and am i such an idiot that i can't seem to find any of the desktops on the joga bonito site?
If you click on 'Apparel' at the top of the Products page then a scrollable menu comes down with pictures of national team shirts. Click on the shirt of your choice, and it'll load up another page. Towards the bottom left are some little thumbnails of the desktops – as I mention though, the site doesn't like Safari. ;)

Hope that's a little clearer. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.