PDA

View Full Version : Propellerhead releases Reason 2.5

medea
Mar 5, 2003, 04:59 PM
ropellerhead Software has released Reason 2.5, an update to its flagship music production software. Version 2.5 adds four new sound processing tools and two utilities for signal path routing. Reason sells for US$399 and works with both Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X. Reason 2.0 registered users can download the 2.5 update for free.
http://www.propellerheads.se/products/reason/reason25/frame.html

MrMacMan
Mar 5, 2003, 05:35 PM
Medea you sure on top of all these realeases. :D

Xero
Mar 5, 2003, 06:14 PM
yay! the more, the merrier when it comes to reason! gotta love free updates :D

neut
Mar 5, 2003, 06:30 PM
What more reason do you need?

This is THE audio tool of our time. Shure ;) you could do all this and more with hardware and and hostware, but it would never be as fun.

One program - One laptop.

Reason has brought my dreams of playing a computer in a live band to reality. Reason has changed my life (and those around me). You really shouldn't buy this program. Actually, DON"T BUY THIS PROGRAM! Because I think they made it just for me…

alset
Mar 5, 2003, 07:55 PM
Wow, this is a shock. I thought we'd have to wait a lot longer to see something new with Reason. Funny, I was just wishing for an update about ten minutes ago.

Dan

Timothy
Mar 5, 2003, 08:16 PM
This is a bit confusing, because on the Propellerhead homepage, and at the top of this thread, they make it sound as though 2.5 has been fully released. In reality, it is just an announcement of the Beta from what I can tell. They are only allowing 300 people into the first-round...

I think I'll stay on the sideline until there is a final version.

zimv20
Mar 6, 2003, 02:07 AM
so which mac sequencer/music prod. products that support rewire do you guys use?

WinterMute
Mar 6, 2003, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by zimv20
so which mac sequencer/music prod. products that support rewire do you guys use?

Reason, ReCycle and ReBirth, but I also run Logic 5.5 and am reliably informed that Logic 6 supports ReWire 2, which will be so cool as I haven't been able to control Reason from Logic since I went to OSX...:D

(other than MIDI sync naturally)

neut
Mar 6, 2003, 10:39 AM
pro tools now supports rewire. check out the props pages...

WinterMute
Mar 6, 2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by neut

Now that is truly excellent news, even better if it works properly.;)

I've just installed the TDM package for ProTools HD and Logic, I can run EXS24 and the internal synths and FX in the TDM mixer in ProTools, add reWired Reason to that and I'm good to go...:D

zimv20
Mar 6, 2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by neut

finally. very good news.