PDA

View Full Version : iPod Updater

onlyONE
Jul 11, 2006, 09:49 AM
I tried to run updates on my new iPod, which is formatted for Windows. I noticed I needed to restore the thing, so I decided to go ahead and do it, as all my music and info is on my iMac and can easily be reput onto the iPod. The restore went on for nearly and hour and never finnished, the computer stopped recognizing the iPod(no icon for it on the desktop) so I unplugged it(didn't recognize an unauthorized hardware removal) and the iPod updater is still going(bar is full and animated, just won't finnish or realize that the iPod is gone). It also won't recognize the iPod at all, as when I replug it into the computer via the USB cable the computer does not respond. The iPod is not updated(all notes, calenders and songs are still on the computer) and I cannot restart or shutdown the comptuer because iPod installer is running. Every time I go to ipod Updater >> Quit, it does nothing. I have never had a problem with my Mac, and until about a month ago I used a PC...so I have no idea how to go about fixing this problem. Eh. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

onlyONE
Jul 11, 2006, 12:16 PM
Ah, fixed it. I held in the back button and afterwards Updater, iPod and iMac are all healthy again. Woot. lol...

iSaint
Jul 11, 2006, 05:56 PM
Glad we could help, stop by more often! :D

steamboat26
Jul 11, 2006, 06:43 PM
Don't take credit for my hard work...:D

iSaint
Jul 11, 2006, 07:50 PM
Don't take credit for my hard work...:D

I said 'we', it's a team effort here at MR! :p