PDA

View Full Version : 3rd gen iPod charging problem

Amy2005
Jul 12, 2006, 08:30 AM
Hi
I've lost my firewire charging adapter for my 3rd gen iPod. If i use my adapter charger i got for my video iPod would that work? i have tried it and nothing happened but i just wondered if it would ever work?
Thanks
Amy

Chundles
Jul 12, 2006, 08:35 AM
Hi
I've lost my firewire charging adapter for my 3rd gen iPod. If i use my adapter charger i got for my video iPod would that work? i have tried it and nothing happened but i just wondered if it would ever work?
Thanks
Amy

No, I don't think so. The 3G iPod was the last iPod built by Apple that could only be charged through Firewire, even when hooked up to a powered USB 2.0 port you still needed the double cable to plug it into the firewire power adapter.

Do you have a Mac? Because it will charge from the firewire port on your Mac, even if the machine is asleep - something I miss with the USB iPods, when the laptop is off the power to the USB stops but the power to the firewire keeps flowing.

Amy2005
Jul 13, 2006, 06:34 AM
Thank you :) i got it charging on my mac with firewire cable. for some reason it wont turn on when its not on charge now. ive had it for about 3 years now though lol. i got my video iPod on monday so its not too bad :)